Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Gotcha... I'm not totally sure where Fraction and Brubaker left off, I read it in trade and just devoured it without looking at credits much. It's going to be tough to top that overall volume for me. I hope you find a run you love! I'm sure he'll get another shot at an ongoing soon.
    Fraction/Brubaker/Aja did up to issue 16 of Immortal Iron Fist. Swierzcynski started from 17 till the end (issue 34?).

thanks.

it would be interesting to see Brubaker come back and do a hardboiled crime story with Iron Fist.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Fraction/Brubaker/Aja did up to issue 16 of Immortal Iron Fist. Swierzcynski started from 17 till the end (issue 34?).

thanks.

it would be interesting to see Brubaker come back and do a hardboiled crime story with Iron Fist.
    He will sadly never come back to the superhero comics . Probably same for Fraction, sadly, though KSD did come to DC this year, so maybe?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He will sadly never come back to the superhero comics . Probably same for Fraction, sadly, though KSD did come to DC this year, so maybe?
    They could always move onto other companies like Catalyst Prime or valiant.

Im hoping Danny gets a writer like Peter David. Someone who could give him a distinct voice and worldbuilding.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

thanks.

I never say never with creator comebacks. If the money and opportunity is right I think anyone could go anywhere. I'd be super into a Brubaker on Fist comeback. I think Rosenberg could do a great job. Cates is the guy I want to see get a shot the most currently, though.

Nick Spencer is a huge Danny fan and his books are always these huge, carefully planned outlines, so I think down the road he'll give it a shot and probably just write the biggest Iron Fist story ever. He's also great with dialogue, likes building supporting casts, and loves digging deep into history. All stuff IF books greatly benefit from. He said he wanted to do it with Chris Samnee, but since he's done with Marvel for now, it would be interesting to see who would get cast for the project.

Given what he did with Superior Foes and Ant-Man, I'd be down for a Spencer Iron Fist book!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Spencer’s current run on Amazing Spider-Man has been fantastic through 10 issues or so. I’d be down for him to write Danny.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Spencer’s current run on Amazing Spider-Man has been fantastic through 10 issues or so. I’d be down for him to write Danny.
    I've been really enjoying his ASM - I really hope he's got a long-term plan, and is allowed to carry it through!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Given what he did with Superior Foes and Ant-Man, I'd be down for a Spencer Iron Fist book!
    I loved those books so much. I'd be down for him to write some Fist for sure, for all the reasons Snoop Dogg mentioned!

Shang-Chi will be the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to have an Asian lead. Created by Steve Engleheart and Jim Starlin, Shang-Chi made his Marvel Universe debut in December 1973’s Special Marvel Edition #15. The son of a China-based globalist, Shang is a master martial artist who grew up isolated from the larger world. Unaware that his father is evil and possibly centuries old, Shang is let out into the world only to do his dad’s bidding. The film is said to be similar to Black Panther, in that it will take care to avoid stereotypes and blend Asian and Asian-American themes, as told by Asian and Asian-American creators.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-shang-chi-film-franchise/

This is GREAT NEWS for Shang-Chi Fans. However, this is probably will be the end of Iron Fist at least for awhile.

With the TV and Studio beef at Marvel rumor has it that most of the characters to appear in the Netflix programing are going to be effectively shelved for awhile. So my feelings are really mixed about this.

Predictions:
    1. Shang will be moved into the top Martial Artist spot at Marvel.
    2. Iron Fist will slowly be marginalized even more so in the comics.
    3 Shang will probably get his own title moving forward (This is good news. Hopefully he will get as many chances as Carol Danvers)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've argued before that Shang Chi should have a movie - that was mostly because I thought there should be a male Asian superhero on the big screen. Iron Fist was obviously never that. Iron Fist may have benefited from a movie but it felt like Luke Cage would have been better on TV and it was too easy to associate them together.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Bit of an anticlimactic ending to Phantom Limb today, wouldn't you say?

-Pav, who was a little disappointed...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

How many parts are in this story? I honestly stopped reading after the first part. It had a nice creepy feel but the story and art weren't all that fun so I didn't bother after that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

For some reason the first two parts of Phantom Limb really worked for me and got me really excited but the next two left me cold so I'm not in a crazy rush to buy the final ones. Can't remember my feelings on a book ever flipping so hard between releases. Maybe I was expecting more actual Luke stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    How many parts are in this story? I honestly stopped reading after the first part. It had a nice creepy feel but the story and art weren't all that fun so I didn't bother after that.
    There were six parts, but each solicit was for two parts at once.

I thought the first 2/3 of the story was pretty okay -- nothing spectacular, but decent -- yet the end we got today left a lot to be desired, for me at least.

-Pav, who had issues with both art and writing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details