Page 18 of 178 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    She probably meant Iron Man; hopefully Kaare Andrews sticks around for awhile, he's doing well so far!
    Yeah!

I'm still waiting for a Iron Fist/Shang Chi team-up!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    spoilers:

Okay, so #7 felt like a pretty good start to the next arc. We have Danny rebuilding himself, but he's still pretty broken. I think Fooh's upgrades are meant to strengthen his spirit first, which is what seems to need the most rebuilding. I guarantee Danny will be breaking out of those enhancements sooner or later in a burst of glory. I dug how there are multiple fronts to the story. It definitely feels like these elements are meant to cross over at some point in a big finale and it's interesting to see how that develops. I love the flashbacks. They really build on Danny's childhood and K'un L'un. And I love the idea that K'un L'un's been secretly powered by Brutal Science. And the fact that The One is a machine makes a lot more sense to me now, given that Iron Fist's final task to to beat someone who is meant to be on a completely different level.

Back to the Brutal Science, it would seem like Fooh may be connected to Danny's father, possibly rebuilding him into what we currently see after his fall on the cliff many years ago. Even their eye mechanism thing was similar. Might be more to Fooh's story and motivation behind helping Danny extending beyond being the last hope for K'un L'un. Also, the council assembled at The One's table has yet to be revealed, but it seems like one of them represents whatever city Bride of Nine Spiders comes from if their mannerisms are any indication. I might be looking too much into it, but maybe Prince of Orphans is at that table as well, just yet to be revealed?

The book ended on a great cliffhanger. I think I know what comes next and if I'm right, it's a huge step in Danny's recovery as far as closure is concerned. Seems like he's going to come face to face with all those feelings he's been repressing for years and I can't wait.

end of spoilers

Great issue. Great Developments. Bring on #8!

I want to say she meant Iron Man. Taylor the current writer of it now and it seems a bit early to even know who's writing the next Iron Fist arc, or if there is one.
    Don't hold back. What do you think that the reveal will be? Do you think it will be a robotic version of Danny's mom, his sister, or even Crane Mother? I say since Fooh said that Danny's would is only one possible destination. But then again it would be too early to put Danny against the likes of Crane Mother since he has not fully recovered.
    Last edited by taozen; 12-05-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Don't hold back. What do you think that the reveal will be? Do you think it will be a robotic version of Danny's mom, his sister, or even Crane Mother? I say since Fooh said that Danny's would is only one possible destination. But then again it would be too early to put Danny against the likes of Crane Mother since he has not fully recovered.
    I think it's his mother in one form or another. Judging by the themes already present in the book, I think before Danny is to face the demons ahead of him, he has to bring closure with the demons that haunt him from the past. It's an essential step in the recovery process of just about anyone who's been through hell and I look forward to seeing it. It seems to me like his inner child wants to express his resentment towards his parents, and he may have the chance to not only do that, but forgive them in the process in order to move forward.

I considered the possibility of Crane Mother being part of the council assembled in NYC.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 12-05-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Amazing Member

I agree, seems to be his mother, so he can confront her about Meachum and all that.

Wonder how Andrews will do it... way back Claremont had an Iron Fist serial in Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu where Danny goes to the land of the dead (or something similar) and finds her there.

Andrews seems well versed when it comes to Claremont's run. He's referenced things in interview that even I've forgotten. Maybe he'll address this similar to how Claremont did?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think Andrews is spot-on with his awareness level when it comes to knowing when to implement older story ideas and when to go with something of his own. I haven't read those stories with Danny's mom but I imagine they'll come up next issue. I already get kind of a Claremont vibe from the story.

But I hope we don't pull away from Sparrow, she's really cool.

Mighty Member

Kaare Andrews is interview on the Word Balloon Podcast. He talks alot about his Iron Fist Series. His interview is in the 2nd half of the podcast. It is great to hear all things Iron Fist from his perspective. Here is the link:

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2014...prd-karre.html

So seeing how Kaare Andrews is actually a movie director as well, how would everyone feel if he directed Iron Fist's Netflix series?

BANNED

I'm really hoping he gets the gig if he wants it. Kaare is offically one of my favorite writers of Iron Fist after reading the "Rage" story line in it's entirty. He has a healthy balance of respecting the characters past while still bringing new ideas, concepts, and characters into his story. Kaare writing/directing the Netflix show guarantees that the character will be in good hands.
    Last edited by Trident; 12-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

Checkout Danny's bio in Marvel Contest of Champions!

http://www.playcontestofchampions.com/?signup=true

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Checkout Danny's bio in Marvel Contest of Champions!

http://www.playcontestofchampions.com/?signup=true
    Since when has Danny been brilliant. I hope they mean talented in terms of martial arts and not his intelligence. I do not believe that Danny is a stupid as Fraction portrayed him but I would not describe him as brilliant. But I am nitpicking the bio.

BANNED

Since when has Danny been brilliant. I hope they mean talented in terms of martial arts and not his intelligence. I do not believe that Danny is a stupid as Fraction portrayed him but I would not describe him as brilliant. But I am nitpicking the bio.
    Balancing a company, a superhero career, your duties to K'un Lun, and a martial arts school in my opinion is a sign of brilliances. *Shrug* Very few could balance even one of those things at a time while Danny works it out. I always thought Danny was smart he just has a lot of untapped potential. The guy would rather meditate for three days straight then focus on "worldly" things such as money and science.

I have more of a problem with it saying he traveled to K'un L'un to train in martial arts. That's 100% not what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I have more of a problem with it saying he traveled to K'un L'un to train in martial arts. That's 100% not what happened.
    Yeah, that's was the "error" I didn't care for. I'm also not sure if I like him being classified as Mystic. Which in this game seems to be the classification for magic characters. I think he should be placed under the Skill classification along with Black Panther. Danny didn't get his chi enhanced abilities through practicing or studying Magic. The guy went through ten years of physical training so he could not only defeat a dragon in unarmed combat but to turn himself into a living weapon. The life force of Shou Lu enhances his own life force which then in returns grants him extraordinary ablities.

But I guess I can't be to nitpicky since they also placed Wanda under mystic instead of Mutant. However, her classification in my opinion is closer to being right than Danny's :/

Edit: Well nvm on Wanda. Guess Axis certified the non mutant issue. Still think Danny's classification Skill though.
    Last edited by Trident; 12-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Yeah, that's was the "error" I didn't care for. I'm also not sure if I like him being classified as Mystic. Which in this game seems to be the classification for magic characters. I think he should be placed under the Skill classification along with Black Panther. Danny didn't get his chi enhanced abilities through practicing or studying Magic. The guy went through ten years of physical training so he could not only defeat a dragon in unarmed combat but to turn himself into a living weapon. The life force of Shou Lu enhances his own life force which then in returns grants him extraordinary ablities.

But I guess I can't be to nitpicky since they also placed Wanda under mystic instead of Mutant. However, her classification in my opinion is closer to being right than Danny's :/

Edit: Well nvm on Wanda. Guess Axis certified the non mutant issue. Still think Danny's classification Skill though.
    Danny does have mystical abilities but those mystical ability came about due to his immeasurable martial arts skill.