Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I scored this sketch from Sanford Greene at Heroes Aren't Hard to Find at Free Comic Book Day. The artist there did free sketches in general and a couple asked for a donation to their charity. Here is Sanford Greene's blog http://codegreene.blogspot.com/

Iron Fist Sanford Greene.jpg
    Last edited by taozen; 05-05-2014 at 07:01 PM.

All-New Member

podcast on majorspoilers: interview with kaare andrews:

http://majorspoilers.com/podcasts/wa...kaare-andrews/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kacangpool View Post
    podcast on majorspoilers: interview with kaare andrews:

http://majorspoilers.com/podcasts/wa...kaare-andrews/
    Similar to the interview a few weeks ago. I am so anxious to see how his 12 issue arc will end. Kaare Andrews keeps saying that it will be shocking. Man I hope that the Thunderer does not bite it in his story. In the issue #2 preview, it seems as though Davos is planning on taking out dear old Dad.

Once again, Comicvine has an advance look at Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #3, with some focus on Danny's training with the Thunderer back in the day. Kung Fu is rough!

I enjoyed the first issue of this, but I find the inking in the night scenes a little thick for my taste. The scenes with tonnes o' ninja's just seemed quite crowded and blurred together. Also, a bit wordy.

Still, I have enjoyed the character since Brubaker/Fraction/Aja/Foreman's run and will stick with this for a bit longer. I want to support Marvel taking risks like this, and I am willing to give Kaare Andrews a shot because of his obvious enthusiasm for the project.
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

I am loving the art in the preview for tomorrow's new issue; it, along with the interview posted a few messages above this one, gives me an even greater sense of excitement about Kaare's work with Iron Fist, because it's obvious that the ending of Immortal Iron Fist is not being ignored or forgotten. (In fact, in the interview Kaare is asked what people should read who want to get some back story on Danny and this new arc; he replies that people should read the first appearances of Danny in Marvel Premiere and the last trade of IIF.) So yeah. Those readers who demand continuity be followed as closely as possible have, I think, very little to worry about.

Man that art is good.

-Pav, who hopes the sales of the first twelve issues are high enough to warrant another "season" from Kaare...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Those images are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I am loving the art in the preview for tomorrow's new issue; it, along with the interview posted a few messages above this one, gives me an even greater sense of excitement about Kaare's work with Iron Fist, because it's obvious that the ending of Immortal Iron Fist is not being ignored or forgotten. (In fact, in the interview Kaare is asked what people should read who want to get some back story on Danny and this new arc; he replies that people should read the first appearances of Danny in Marvel Premiere and the last trade of IIF.) So yeah. Those readers who demand continuity be followed as closely as possible have, I think, very little to worry about.

Man that art is good.

-Pav, who hopes the sales of the first twelve issues are high enough to warrant another "season" from Kaare...
    Imagine an animated Iron Fist movie designed and directed by Kaare.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Once again, Comicvine has an advance look at Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #3, with some focus on Danny's training with the Thunderer back in the day. Kung Fu is rough!

It's cool that we finally see more of the experiences Danny had growing up in K'un L'un. To become a weapon and an Ion Fist by 19, he had to be put through some hardcore training. Those pages look like that type of training. It shows Danny being an very angry child.

A bit off topic quickly. Has anyone noticed the second Immortal Iron Fist complete collection TPB is listed on Amazon as written by Brubaker and Fraction when it was written by Swierczynski?

I'm glad Iron Fist has a new series and its showing a lot of promise in its first issue!

Fantastic Member

Always like Iron Fist gotta finish reading power man and iron fist series from 1978 one of these days .

If anyone read Iron Fist #2 today, HOLY #$&* that last page!!! That was some intense imagery.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeShawnstantine View Post
    If anyone read Iron Fist #2 today, HOLY #$&* that last page!!! That was some intense imagery.
    I said the same thing. Once I read it, I hurried to the appreciation page. That issue was really good. I have only one nitpick for the entire issue. If each issue keeps getting better, this series will be incredible. I am still trying to figure out who the hooded person is. I was at first thinking Master Khan or the Ninja. But would Kaare be so bold as to bring back Danny's father. I mean he fell of the cliff and was never seen again. Also Did you notice that Lei Kung said he was Sifu to the last dozen Iron Fist? I thought The Thunderer taught most if not all the Iron Fist. If not, could the villain be Lei Kung's Sifu or the Sifu who instructed the Iron Fist prior to The Thunderer? Anyway go and get this book. It was great.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I said the same thing. Once I read it, I hurried to the appreciation page. That issue was really good. I have only one nitpick for the entire issue. If each issue keeps getting better, this series will be incredible. I am still trying to figure out who the hooded person is. I was at first thinking Master Khan or the Ninja. But would Kaare be so bold as to bring back Danny's father. I mean he fell of the cliff and was never seen again. Also Did you notice that Lei Kung said he was Sifu to the last dozen Iron Fist? I thought The Thunderer taught most if not all the Iron Fist. If not, could the villain be Lei Kung's Sifu or the Sifu who instructed the Iron Fist prior to The Thunderer? Anyway go and get this book. It was great.
    Good to see you back, Taozen! (It's Prince of Orphans)