Page 4 of 178 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Welcome to the forums!

Mighty Member

I usually do not look a solicitation for future book I am reading but I do look for new titles I may want to pick up. I happen to see the August Solicitation of Iron Fist #5. Let's say I hope Kaare Andrews does not do the typical Iron Fist story. You tried and true Iron Fist fans can easily guess what I mean by typical. But I will wait until I read the series up to issue #5 before I complain.

Mighty Member

Danny and Shang Chi are guest starring in the upcoming Wolverine #9. Here is the preview:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21876

There's a new preview for isue #3 at Comicvine.

Lei Kung is acting a little bit too much like Frank Miller's "All-Star" Batman, but seems to be an act and might be changing his ways afterwards. I don't think we've seen much of Danny's chidlhood in K'un Lun so I'm glad Andrews is getting to show more of that period of time.

Oh, wow, I love that Opena/White cover. Never thought about it before but I think I'd LOVE to see Opena get some Iron Fist work in.

I usually avoid X-books, but I'm going to have to pick up some Wolverine if it means Iron Fist AND the Master of Kung-Fu are guest-starring.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    There's a new preview for isue #3 at Comicvine.

Lei Kung is acting a little bit too much like Frank Miller's "All-Star" Batman, but seems to be an act and might be changing his ways afterwards. I don't think we've seen much of Danny's chidlhood in K'un Lun so I'm glad Andrews is getting to show more of that period of time.
    I too have wanted stories of Danny growing up in K'un L'un. It would show how the foundation of his character was built and now we are seeing a glimpse of it. We are seeing that Danny has a deep internal rage. I hope Andrews shows how Danny suppressed his anger. I am assuming Danny suppressed since it has barely been touched upon since his original Marvel Premier series. But now that I think back to when Duane Swierczynski was writing Immortal Iron Fist and had Danny defeat ch'i-Lin, he touched on Danny's inner rage. He wrote about the inner rage of a 9 year old who watched his parents die.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Skottie Young variant artwork for Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1 ↓

Jerome Opeña variant artwork for Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #3 ↓

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wow, nice work from Opeña, he should draw Iron Fist more.

Danny & friends..
    iron fist and friends.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Wow, nice work from Opeña, he should draw Iron Fist more.
    Iron Fist and Shang Chi.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

What do you Iron Fist fans think of Danny's characterization the new series? I do not mind the anger but he seems a bit too impulsive thus far.

The whole comic seems like an alternate universe take on Iron Fist. I can't believe we're on issue three and yet we haven't seen Danny in a big kung fu duel, which is what I really want. I have to say I'm becoming quite disillusioned with Kaare's take on the IF mythos, though I appreciate the passion and ambition he's put into it.

Ya, the new series' tone just isn't working for me at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The whole comic seems like an alternate universe take on Iron Fist. I can't believe we're on issue three and yet we haven't seen Danny in a big kung fu duel, which is what I really want. I have to say I'm becoming quite disillusioned with Kaare's take on the IF mythos, though I appreciate the passion and ambition he's put into it.
    Danny's does seem a bit "off". It would have made more sense if his angry mood occured after he discovered what happend to Lei Kung and K'un L'un. I, too, am waiting for that epic kung fu battle for Danny.

Mighty Member

Looking forward to Iron Fist and Shang Chi appearance in the Wolverine comic tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a quality story with great Martial Arts Action.