Page 5 of 178 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

When am I gonna get my Iron Fist Shang Chi and Daredevil team up

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    When am I gonna get my Iron Fist Shang Chi and Daredevil team up
    Pffft. Daredevil. What you need is this in your life.

or some

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Pffft. Daredevil. What you need is this in your life.

or some

I still rather them team with DD

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Danny's does seem a bit "off". It would have made more sense if his angry mood occured after he discovered what happend to Lei Kung and K'un L'un. I, too, am waiting for that epic kung fu battle for Danny.
    I just saw the preview pages for issue 4. Godawful. Terrible. Messy. Cliched. So Danny sees the ghosts/spirits of his parents? Three issues in there should be some sense to the arc's plot, right? So far this is a hot mess. I'm willing to hold out to issue 5, but that's likely it. (I'm also having the same problem with Elektra -- the two books share the same inherent problem, which is a book that for whatever reason refuses to showcase its protagonist. Kaare might want to check out what Edmundson is doing with Black Widow and Punisher. It's nice to actually hang out with the book's titular heroes once in a while.)

Old drawing from Alan Davis' site:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    I just saw the preview pages for issue 4. Godawful. Terrible. Messy. Cliched. So Danny sees the ghosts/spirits of his parents? Three issues in there should be some sense to the arc's plot, right? So far this is a hot mess. I'm willing to hold out to issue 5, but that's likely it. (I'm also having the same problem with Elektra -- the two books share the same inherent problem, which is a book that for whatever reason refuses to showcase its protagonist. Kaare might want to check out what Edmundson is doing with Black Widow and Punisher. It's nice to actually hang out with the book's titular heroes once in a while.)
    That preview looked more like a scene from a Batman hallucination caused by the Scarecrow's fear gas. It just does not feel like any Danny that I have read even the Danny from early series like Marvel Premier or the first Iron Fist series.

Mighty Member

Danny's appearance in Wolverine series was just, meh. Glad he was used but it could have easily been just an Shang Chi and Wolverine team up. Especially since Logan has been known to go to Shang for instruction and Shang knew where Logan needed to go to get "answers.' Danny really did not add anything to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    Bloody Lips does seem to have more spotlight than Elektra

Mighty Member

I read issue #4 and I have to admit it was not what I expected. It gave more incite on Danny's character and his relationship with his father. In my opinion, it was the best written issue in the series thus far. there was a few really cool subtle kung fu moments and you can tell that Kaare Andrews trains in martial arts when Danny explains a bit of his training philosophy.

His new ongoing has given me an entirely new respect for the character

Hello. I'm still kind of new around here. I've always loved Ironfist. One of the best Marvel heroes IMO
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Welcome doc omega, you've come to the right place!

Anything Deadly Hands of Kung Fu rocks if you ask me
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

I thought one sentence in issue #4 was very telling "I thought you were meant to be funny". At least it shows Andrews hasn't completely misunderstood the character and this bad mood Danny is in is deliberate rather than trying to change his personality.

Good issue but I agree it needs a bit more story structure in the next issue.

All-New Member

nice change of pace. fills in the blanks of previous issues, i really enjoyed it.
    i think i'd underrated andrews as a writer, some of his words here were beautiful. and i'm starting to like brenda loads.

taser sex
    Last edited by kacangpool; 07-03-2014 at 11:15 PM.