Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Could you image if Marvel gender swapped the Thunderer as they are doing to the Ancient One in the Doctor Strange movie? That would really disappointment me since I am a huge fan of Lei Kung.
    Has he ever been given a backstory? If so, which book can I read up on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Has he ever been given a backstory? If so, which book can I read up on it?
    As far as I know (or remember), it's never been told in its full capacity. All we know is that he is immortal and may or may not have trained every single Iron Fist.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    As far as I know (or remember), it's never been told in its full capacity. All we know is that he is immortal and may or may not have trained every single Iron Fist.
    Didn't he get a bit of back story in the Immortal Iron Fist books? I remember him being in them and talked about quite a lot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Didn't he get a bit of back story in the Immortal Iron Fist books? I remember him being in them and talked about quite a lot.
    He was not given much of a back story as in telling his history. You find out that he and the Prince of Orphans are friends but I can't remember more than that. I am trying to remember did they revealed more when the 1st Iron Fist was found.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    He was not given much of a back story as in telling his history. You find out that he and the Prince of Orphans are friends but I can't remember more than that. I am trying to remember did they revealed more when the 1st Iron Fist was found.
    It's funny you should mention Prince of Orphans. I suddenly remember the tattoo on his chest is the same as the symbol Lei Kung wears, meaning fire. I wonder if it was meant to connect the two, which may mean Lei Kung trained under the same monks as John Aman.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

It's funny you should mention Prince of Orphans. I suddenly remember the tattoo on his chest is the same as the symbol Lei Kung wears, meaning fire. I wonder if it was meant to connect the two, which may mean Lei Kung trained under the same monks as John Aman.
    If I remember correctly, the Prince of Orphans showed Danny that tattoo to show that he was an ally and part of Lei Kung's plan.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday, a Merry Chirstmas and an amazing New Years!

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday, a Merry Chirstmas and an amazing New Years!

Love that Sanford Greene piece. His has a fun stylish design. I am a fan of his art.

All-New Member

Yeah I love this. Everything I've seen Sanford Greene do so far with Power Man and Iron Fist so far has been exactly right.

Love the personality of both Luke and Danny shining through in this.

Pre-order today folks - let's do all we can to have Walker and Greene stay on a long long run!

Spectacular Member

I've been loving Greece's art and have enjoyed everything I've read from Walker. The creators' love for these character has me hoping it will be a nice long run. Either way I'm buying for as long as their making the book.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Hey all. Just wondering how other people have pre-ordered the Power Man and Iron Fist book. I looked on comixology and couldn't find a way to pre-order.

Another question. How would people feel about Danny becoming the new Thunderer or Yu-Ti? I talked about the notion a couple of months ago, of someone else taking over the Iron Fist position and with talk of an Asian American Iron Fist recently, I've been thinking about it again. If Marvel ultimately decides to go with this decision, alright, but I'd like Danny to be in a good place. Personally, I think he'd make a great Thunderer or Yu-Ti. Yeah, he'd probably give up the iron fist and costume, but well, even without the iron fist power, Danny is still one of the best martial artists on the planet. Plus him being in a position of mentorship or authority would be a nice change of pace.

Thoughts?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just wondering how other people have pre-ordered the Power Man and Iron Fist book. I looked on comixology and couldn't find a way to pre-order.

Another question. How would people feel about Danny becoming the new Thunderer or Yu-Ti? I talked about the notion a couple of months ago, of someone else taking over the Iron Fist position and with talk of an Asian American Iron Fist recently, I've been thinking about it again. If Marvel ultimately decides to go with this decision, alright, but I'd like Danny to be in a good place. Personally, I think he'd make a great Thunderer or Yu-Ti. Yeah, he'd probably give up the iron fist and costume, but well, even without the iron fist power, Danny is still one of the best martial artists on the planet. Plus him being in a position of mentorship or authority would be a nice change of pace.

Thoughts?
    Isn't he currently Pei's personal Thunderer?

Really love that Sanford Greene pic up there, btw! So looking forward to the new series!

-Pav, who wonders if Pei will appear or if she'll be shunted off...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Thoughts?
    I don't think they'll go that route. I'm okay with an Asian American Danny Rand in the MCU/Netflix Universe but don't see why the comics need to follow suit (I think the way new Nick Fury was shoehorned in was awful and has really diluted the character. I really miss original Nick Fury in the comics - but love MCU Nick Fury. No reason we couldn't have had both).

However if they did try to mirror the TV series (if Marvel do cast an Asian American actor) in the comics there's no reason there can't be two people using the Iron Fist (as Orson and Danny had). That way Danny could stay in New York being cool and happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Isn't he currently Pei's personal Thunderer?

Really love that Sanford Greene pic up there, btw! So looking forward to the new series!

-Pav, who wonders if Pei will appear or if she'll be shunted off...
    Dude, Pav, thanks for reminding me about Danny's relationship with Pei. I would like to see Danny be a mentor to her. Plus, Pei was just so adorable ! I think she'd get along just fine with Luke's daughter, Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    I don't think they'll go that route. I'm okay with an Asian American Danny Rand in the MCU/Netflix Universe but don't see why the comics need to follow suit (I think the way new Nick Fury was shoehorned in was awful and has really diluted the character. I really miss original Nick Fury in the comics - but love MCU Nick Fury. No reason we couldn't have had both).

However if they did try to mirror the TV series (if Marvel do cast an Asian American actor) in the comics there's no reason there can't be two people using the Iron Fist (as Orson and Danny had). That way Danny could stay in New York being cool and happy...
    Here here. I've said it before, I think there can be two Iron Fists. Indeed, with how Kaare's series ended, and there being multiple Shou-Lao's out there, this just might be the case.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

Always one of my favourites, I'm hoping this will be a good year for Iron Fist.
    2016 will be