Page 55 of 178 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Sorry, yeah I meant the picture. I read both Spider-Woman and was reading New Avengers way back then but didn't remember this scene. Now I know why!

Cheers
    This is a New Avengers short story written by Bendis and drawn by ChristianNauck.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

I'm just sitting here reading The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker and it's amazing how you can be sold on a character in one issue. For me, it usually takes a little longer than that. But something just instantly clicked. I can kinda see where Jeff Lemire got his inspiration from, with his Green Arrow run. This was a character that I rarely paid attention to until now, he's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'm just sitting here reading The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker and it's amazing how you can be sold on a character in one issue. For me, it usually takes a little longer than that. But something just instantly clicked. I can kinda see where Jeff Lemire got his inspiration from, with his Green Arrow run. This was a character that I rarely paid attention to until now, he's awesome.
    Glad to have more fans part of the hive! Immortal Iron Fist is definitely the go-to source for new potential Iron Fist fans.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Glad to have more fans part of the hive! Immortal Iron Fist is definitely the go-to source for new potential Iron Fist fans.
    Yes, though I'd argue that the Claremont/Byrne stories stand up very well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, though I'd argue that the Claremont/Byrne stories stand up very well, too.
    Can't go wrong with the classics either. Toss in Power Man & Iron Fist for good measure and we'll have basically all the essentials.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Agreed.

It's actually quite surprising to me how strong IF's runs have been considering the character has never really taken off.

Ok Wrong Delete Message Sorry
    Last edited by juan678; 02-04-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Wrong thread, juan678

Really wrong thread lol

Upcoming Reading:

The Immortal IF Complete collection vol. 1 is one of my treasures.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

I talked to Sanford Greene at Heroes mini con this past weekend. I complained to him about how I have not like how Danny has been losing fights in so many books he has guest stared lately. He said with a smile that there will be some great martial arts action coming up and none of that getting beat of all the time with Danny and Luke.

I told him that I did not like the inverted colored Bruce Lee jump suit look for Danny. He told me to read the book and there may or may not eventually get a costume design. The story is going to be a street level book to go in line with the upcoming Netflix series. The costumes will be dark color tones so it may be a while before we see the traditional green and yellow colors for Danny.

I wonder if we get something in the Netflix series similar to the Daredevil costume for Danny.

I'm content with Greene using the black costume for now. It follows up on Andrews run which I feel is a good nod between creators. It's often that once a new creative team takes over a character, much of the essence from the previous run is gone and forgotten like it never happened, so I don't mind it, but I'd definitely like to see him back in the green one day!

(It's still better than the white suit imo, at least this costume change had a reason)

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

I'm content with Greene using the black costume for now. It follows up on Andrews run which I feel is a good nod between creators. It's often that once a new creative team takes over a character, much of the essence from the previous run is gone and forgotten like it never happened, so I don't mind it, but I'd definitely like to see him back in the green one day!

(It's still better than the white suit imo, at least this costume change had a reason)
    Greene said he did not care for the white suit either.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

As much as I loved IF's original run, Immortal IF is the best IF run ever.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Oh yeah, absolutely. Immortal Iron Fist #1 has been a quintessential part of the Iron Fist mythos because it achieves so much in just one issue. In addition to the great action, there's an introduction to Danny Rand, his beginnings as Iron Fist, his allies, and the start of the eventual myth building that would expand the Iron Fist legacy. All these years later that, as well as the rest of the first arc, is a remarkable introduction to Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I talked to Sanford Greene at Heroes mini con this past weekend. I complained to him about how I have not like how Danny has been losing fights in so many books he has guest stared lately. He said with a smile that there will be some great martial arts action coming up and none of that getting beat of all the time with Danny and Luke.

I told him that I did not like the inverted colored Bruce Lee jump suit look for Danny. He told me to read the book and there may or may not eventually get a costume design. The story is going to be a street level book to go in line with the upcoming Netflix series. The costumes will be dark color tones so it may be a while before we see the traditional green and yellow colors for Danny.

I wonder if we get something in the Netflix series similar to the Daredevil costume for Danny.
    Looking forward to that martial arts action! Hopefully we'll see Danny as the martial arts master that he is. As for the jump suit, I'm cool with it. It's a great continuation of what Kaare introduced. Hopefully any new redesigns that Greene introduces will be just as cool or even better.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well Dan Stevens was just cast in Fox's Legion show so guess it's safe to say he's not Iron Fist. He was in my top 3