Page 56 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Who are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Greene said he did not care for the white suit either.
    I knew I'd like this creative team.

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Immortal Iron Fist #1 has been a quintessential part of the Iron Fist mythos because it achieves so much in just one issue. In addition to the great action, there's an introduction to Danny Rand, his beginnings as Iron Fist, his allies, and the start of the eventual myth building that would expand the Iron Fist legacy. All these years later that, as well as the rest of the first arc, is a remarkable introduction to Iron Fist.

Looking forward to that martial arts action! Hopefully we'll see Danny as the martial arts master that he is. As for the jump suit, I'm cool with it. It's a great continuation of what Kaare introduced. Hopefully any new redesigns that Greene introduces will be just as cool or even better.
    I do not like the jump suits design and add to that the retro Bruce Lee style is a bit cliche. I get tired of seeing it on characters like Shang Chi who is basically Bruce Lee so seeing it on Danny make me think, "Come on guys! Can we show a little bit better imagination than that?"

Mighty Member

What did you all think of Danny's characterization in Powerman and Iron Fist #1? I felt he was written too immature and naive. It seems that ever since Fraction wrote him in the Defenders comic, writer have had a difficult time nailing his character. i enjoyed the feel of the book and like the art even though I have Bruce Lee styled jump suit. The is a street level story and Greene told me that Marvel will keep it that way. That bums me out since I so desperately want Danny involved in another martial arts epic story.

I would've honestly liked to have seen a more serious Danny myself, but the vibe of the book just didn't permit it. Besides, when he's with Luke, like people often do around their best friends, he tends to loosen up.

I think we'll see just how lethal Danny can be in later issues though. Tombstone even called him out on being a living weapon, and he almost seemed scared to be in the same room with him. I liked that bit, he seems to have garnered a bit of a reputation for himself.

Danny's one of those characters with a large character spectrum. He can be the jokey, loose type and he can be the disciplined serious type depending on the situation. Too early to tell if we'll see serious Danny any time soon, but I'm enjoying this portrayal much more than Fraction's Defenders.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Happy Birthday Douglas Moench!!!

This issue has Iron Fist teaming up with Shang-Chi, son of Fu Manchu, on an adventure to another dimension. This one shot comic was part martial arts fight-fest, part sword and sorcery epic. That’s right, kung fu and magic. Written by Doug Moench with artwork by Keith Pollard.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Nice!

Forget about Powerman and Iron Fist.Lets have a Iron Fist/Shang Chi team-up book.

Oh my gosh yes I'm here for that x10000000

Rumour has it Game of Thrones alum Finn Jones may be playing Iron Fist!

What do you guys think if this turns out at be true?

http://mcuexchange.com/rumor-finn-jo...our-iron-fist/

Upcoming Reading:

IT'S CONFIRMED! FINN JONES IS IRON FIST!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...tar-finn-jones

Upcoming Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Nice!

Forget about Powerman and Iron Fist.Lets have a Iron Fist/Shang Chi team-up book.
    Seconded.

fighters.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    IT'S CONFIRMED! FINN JONES IS IRON FIST!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...tar-finn-jones
    I hope he's doing some intensive kung-fu training as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I hope he's doing some intensive kung-fu training as we speak!
    Apparently, he's been cast for some time, so I'm sure he's been put through a gauntlet for a while now!

Upcoming Reading:

Well, you just know he's going to have to be hitting the gym to compete with Charlie Cox's torso in Daredevil - all these actors pretty much have to be ripped these days. But rapid martial arts training... I just wonder about how high he can kick, because I believe most martial artists really have to stretch their leg ligaments when young; I've no idea how difficult that is when you're older. I used to be a big fan of Angel (Buffy spin-off), and it was always apparent David Boreanaz couldn't high-kick - every time a flashy kick was necessary the stunt-double would be brought in. I didn't mind it, you understand, but these days with bigger TVs it's going to be more apparent (unless he does it all masked, of course).