Page 62 of 178 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

SO happy this is gaining momentum. There was even a rumour that Arleo Dordar may have also been cast as Davos thanks to this instagram post he made:

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.04.32 AM.jpg
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    However, minor complaints aside, what Finn is doing now, his martial arts and philosophical training, would definitely help him to gain a good understanding of Danny. Indeed, I think some people may wonder how much Kung Fu Finn could learn in such a short amount of time. In regards to that, I look at what Sifu Kisu did with some of the animators back with "Avatar: The Last Airbender," when he trained them in some basic Kung Fu fundamentals. Obviously, they didn't become masters, but they certainly got a better idea of the principles behind Kung Fu and that really showed in the show. Hopefully, this will be the same case with Finn.
    A lot of that will be up to the director -- even Bruce Lee was as much an actor (and sometimes director) as he was a martial artist in his films. My guess is that if Michael Cera can pull off fight scenes (Scott Pilgrim) then almost anyone can.

The Avatar series does have some of the best martial arts fight scenes ever recorded... I'd be impressed if Hollywood ever managed to capture this kind of choreography in live action film, special effects included.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-13-2016 at 11:09 AM.

^ And now I want to watch John Wick again.

Great casting for Meachum. Ready for this show, still can't believe it's happening! Oh and how cool are the promo images? Here's number three:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    ^ And now I want to watch John Wick again.
    Apologies -- took it down to put up Korra instead, but as I had said in my post before editing, Keeanu's come a long way since The Matrix and would have made a good Iron Fist in my opinion... though he's probably too old for the role now, regardless.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-13-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Apologies -- took it down to put up Korra instead, but as I had said in my post before editing, Keeanu's come a long way since The Matrix and would have made a good Iron Fist in my opinion.

Maybe Orson Randall could be in his future...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Something I also love about us getting a Neflix tv show is that Marvel are finally pulling their finger out when it comes to MERCH!

I bought this hat and I love it. Feels so great to have official marvel iron fist merch instead of third party stuff.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey, that's really cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    SO happy this is gaining momentum. There was even a rumour that Arleo Dordar may have also been cast as Davos thanks to this instagram post he made:

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.04.32 AM.jpg
    Interesting choice if it is Davos. I expected an older actor for Davos.

Mighty Member

More casting news. I personally am waiting for the Big guns to get cast. So far it reminds me of a CW cast. Here is the latest casting news:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner

Nice news and interesting twist for Ward.

Is anyone else really hyped for hippie rand from those set photos? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Is anyone else really hyped for hippie rand from those set photos? xD
    Looks like he just got back from K'un L'un. He's even barefoot.

Upcoming Reading:

I know! I'm really hoping we get some of fun montage of him discovering how far the world has moved on without him, that'd be such a fun sequence for a first episode.

Makes me curious how he's getting back though, did he really walk through snowy mountains, to an airport and through passport control without shoes? Or portal?

Spectacular Member

It's so crazy that an Iron Fist show is actually happening and it looks like it's gonna be great. I'm very excited for this.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Danny would have just come from K'un-L'un. If so I wonder if they will follow the origin. Will be get "The Ninja" and will the Ninja be a member of The Hand? That would tie it easily to the Daredevil series.

What characters are you all looking forward to seeing in the series? I can't wait to see Lei Kung and Davos. Man I hope they get them right. Netflix Marvel have cast their series so well thus far and I am hoping they continue the trend with this one.