Page 78 of 178 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - Personally, I'm hoping to see more parts of Brubaker's "................wait, what?" Danny than Kaare's dark and messed up Danny. I wouldn't mind seeing the dark stuff in small doses this season, but all of that could be explored more fully next season.
    I want to see the same thing in the show that I want to see in the comics:

I want the writers to utilize all the differing characterizations of Danny over the years and realize that, together, they help to show a three-dimensional, complex character who acts differently in difference situations just like any real person.

And y'know what else I'd like to see in the show? I'd love to see Danny's power portrayed as it is shown in The Living Weapon, with his bones showing and whatnot. That was just an awesome move on Kaare Andrews' part, I think.

Oh, as for the "white savior" stuff, I'd like to see some subtle foreshadowing that making Danny the Iron Fist was a "plot" all along by those in power of K'un Lun. Danny's role as Iron Fist should be just as much curse as gift. I think that would somewhat subvert the uglier aspects of the cultural appropriation.

-Pav, who has seen the vaguest of hints at this in the comics but would like to see it played up more overtly...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I already freaked out over this on the fb event/page i have for the show xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I want to see the same thing in the show that I want to see in the comics:

I want the writers to utilize all the differing characterizations of Danny over the years and realize that, together, they help to show a three-dimensional, complex character who acts differently in difference situations just like any real person.

And y'know what else I'd like to see in the show? I'd love to see Danny's power portrayed as it is shown in The Living Weapon, with his bones showing and whatnot. That was just an awesome move on Kaare Andrews' part, I think.

Oh, as for the "white savior" stuff, I'd like to see some subtle foreshadowing that making Danny the Iron Fist was a "plot" all along by those in power of K'un Lun. Danny's role as Iron Fist should be just as much curse as gift. I think that would somewhat subvert the uglier aspects of the cultural appropriation.

-Pav, who has seen the vaguest of hints at this in the comics but would like to see it played up more overtly...
    Pav, dude, ask and you'll receive. Just check out the latest trailer .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Pav, dude, ask and you'll receive. Just check out the latest trailer .
    I like that they went that way, it really hits home that it's a power from within instead of random fire energy. And also it makes a lot of sense, you can do most of the iron fist effects practically with lights and LEDs with minimal CG in fight scenes except for close ups.

So I really can't complain or be surprised they went this route, from what we've seen it's AWEEEESOME.

Mighty Member

I liked most of that. But Danny/ Colleen triggers me and I hope they don't go that route.

Incredible Member

Bride of nine spiders?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That trailer is awesome. This show is going to be amazing!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Bride of nine spiders?

Yep. Has to be
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Who do you think Sigourney Weaver is playing? I don't recall any Iron Fist female villains other than the Crane Mother, but it doesn't seem like it. Unless she's been completely reinvented, which would be a shame because her visual is everything. Maybe she's Hydra related?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Who do you think Sigourney Weaver is playing? I don't recall any Iron Fist female villains other than the Crane Mother, but it doesn't seem like it. Unless she's been completely reinvented, which would be a shame because her visual is everything. Maybe she's Hydra related?
    She's not an Iron Fist villain, she'll be a Defenders villain so she'll likely be from the Daredevil canon. People's bets so far as Typhoid Mary or female Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    She's not an Iron Fist villain, she'll be a Defenders villain so she'll likely be from the Daredevil canon. People's bets so far as Typhoid Mary or female Mephisto.
    She'd be a very...interesting Typhoid Mary .

If she's Mary, I'm going to be disappointed

Ow, completely missed that... got caught up with the Iron Fist trailer.

Perhaps she's Madame Hydra, or Morgan le Fay? Moonstone, even?