Page 9 of 178 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

I think i;m done with this series after this months issue. I tried to stick it out but the story isn't very interesting for me and the art makes it very hard to follow anything.

which sucks because i love danny.

I don't understand what the deal with Brenda is. At first she's a reporter bimbo who Danny has no interest in. Later we see them having a deep conversation and bonding, now she's taking on Spider monsters. Andrews comes across as really arrogant, this has the feeling of a boxer telling the world he is the best ever and then getting knocked out in the first round. Despite what he tells us, it just doesn't work. I want to love it, I'd settle for liking it but it just seems a mess.

Or have I missed something that makes sense of it?

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    I think i;m done with this series after this months issue. I tried to stick it out but the story isn't very interesting for me and the art makes it very hard to follow anything.

which sucks because i love danny.
    This is exactly where im at. Im finding it hard to stick with, and im a big Iron Fist fan.

I love this ongoing series. Surprised there's so much dissent over it. Maybe it's because it's the first Iron Fist story I've read.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the last few issues more since it has been focusing on Danny as a child in K'un L'un. I want to see more of how K'un L'un and the Thunderer Reared Danny. It would be cool to see some of the other instructors form the city. I am still so surprised Master Khan has not yet returned.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I enjoyed the last few issues more since it has been focusing on Danny as a child in K'un L'un. I want to see more of how K'un L'un and the Thunderer Reared Danny. It would be cool to see some of the other instructors form the city. I am still so surprised Master Khan has not yet returned.
    Problem with Khan is dealing with all the retcons they piled up on him after the original series was done. If they manage to ever revive him after his death in Namor, they should sidestep most of them (including the whole Blood God of K'un Lun bit in particular), which from what I remember really don't add up with his original appeareances in Marvel Premiere/Iron Fist v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is exactly where im at. Im finding it hard to stick with, and im a big Iron Fist fan.
    Same here.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I really dug the latest issue. Great final page and I'm surprised a writer remembered the other challenges of K'un L'un.

Brenda really stepped up this issue and I'm beginning to think she's much more than she claims to be.

And that monster! Jeez! That's a pretty psychotic looking enemy. For a second I thought it was Danny's father, but it seems to have just borrowed his face to torment him. And I happened to notice the Thunderer's head among his collection as well. Gruesome. I love it.

Danny's redemption arc starts soon, and with that dragon hatching, we can definitely expect Danny will regain his powers through finding the strength to fight Shou-Lao again.

I know this series has fans divided, but I'm really enjoying it a lot.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

The names are of Iron Fist lore but the story doesn't seem to utilize anything of Iron Fist I enjoy. It's like I'm reading a different, less-interesting character. Plus, I really dislike the drawings and colors. I hope this series last as I'd rather there was an Iron fist series I don't like than no Iron Fist series at all. Maybe after the currect writer/artist is done the series will appeal to me more. Do you think if they made a movie of Iron Fist they'd keep him white or make him asian (non-Keanu Reeves asian)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I don't understand what the deal with Brenda is. At first she's a reporter bimbo who Danny has no interest in. Later we see them having a deep conversation and bonding, now she's taking on Spider monsters. Andrews comes across as really arrogant, this has the feeling of a boxer telling the world he is the best ever and then getting knocked out in the first round. Despite what he tells us, it just doesn't work. I want to love it, I'd settle for liking it but it just seems a mess.

Or have I missed something that makes sense of it?
    Yeah, this Brenda character has been wildly inconsistent. I really hope Andrews has a point here or otherwise it just comes off as really sloppy writing.

Still enjoying the series, although mostly because of the art.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I never thought of that. It would be interesting see other instructors beside Lei Kung and how they interacted with each other and their field of expertise. I would like to see Master Khan return myself. In the last series I thought he was Davos mysterious benefactor before Crane Mother was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Problem with Khan is dealing with all the retcons they piled up on him after the original series was done. If they manage to ever revive him after his death in Namor, they should sidestep most of them (including the whole Blood God of K'un Lun bit in particular), which from what I remember really don't add up with his original appeareances in Marvel Premiere/Iron Fist v1.
    It would be very confusing to bring Master Khan back without addressing the numerous discrepancies. I always pictured Master Khan coming back during the Chaos War event and is just lying low building his power up and waiting for the right opportunity to return. Also, if I recall in the Iron Fist/Wolverine Mini there's a part of K'un L'un still on Earth. I wonder what became of that? I would also like to see Black Dragon aka Chiantang come back as a recurring adversary of Iron Fist.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I never thought of that. It would be interesting see other instructors beside Lei Kung and how they interacted with each other and their field of expertise. I would like to see Master Khan return myself. In the last series I thought he was Davos mysterious benefactor before Crane Mother was revealed.

It would be very confusing to bring Master Khan back without addressing the numerous discrepancies. I always pictured Master Khan coming back during the Chaos War event and is just lying low building his power up and waiting for the right opportunity to return. .
    I would like to see Master Khan back, and if it were up to me, I would have a lot of what was "revealed" since Power Man & Iron Fist 74 as Khan messing with people's memories as he is shown doing in Namor to further his ends. Personally, I would like also the Ninja back.

Also, if I recall in the Iron Fist/Wolverine Mini there's a part of K'un L'un still on Earth. I wonder what became of that? I would also like to see Black Dragon aka Chiantang come back as a recurring adversary of Iron Fist.
    I think everyone tried to forget about that and Junzo Muto. Priest quickly gave Danny his powers back during his Black Panther arc featuring Chiantang (which is another headache retcon itself, in particular with Shou Lao's origin).

It is amazing how a whole era of IF is a series of retcons one after the other... Khan's death connects up Iron Fist's false death, and the plant duplicate, and Chiantang the Black Dragon, and the Super Skrull impersonating Danny, and Tyrell King being Khan, and...
    Last edited by Eduardo; 08-07-2014 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

loved the new issue.

i agree that this is a bit different than any Iron Fist stuff that came before. and yes, some of it is conflicting with what came before too. but it's all still respectful to the essence of the character, imo.

i simply read this as a fresh take on Danny, and try not to worry too much about continuity. and you just know Danny's gonna come back fists swinging in the second part (#7-12) of this story.

Amazing Member

Axel Alonso tweeted a preview page for issue 6... SPOILERS

https://twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/s...89703298678784

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Axel Alonso tweeted a preview page for issue 6... SPOILERS

https://twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/s...89703298678784
    Looks like Davos but there is some sort of energy shadow figure behind him. If it is Davos, there is no way he is dead.