Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which Character(s) From The Spider-Books Would You Like To See In A Solo Series?

Which character from the Spider-Man world you like to see in a solo title? For me:

Cloak & Dagger: Ty and Tandy as defenders of the streets of New York. Investigating crimes that most big time heroes, even Spider-Man wouldn't be able to notice. I'd throw in some sci-fi and supernatural elements in there to.

Prowler: Hobbie Brown trying to get his life together as a hard luck hero in the same vein of Hawkeye and Spider-Man.

Black Cat: Leverage style cooperate espionage stories starring Felicia.

Norah Winters: A look into the life of a reporter in the superhero world.

BANNED

West Wing-style format for Jonah's mayoral team led by Glory Grant. Well, if he was still mayor. It'd be interesting to see the lives of the people who on a daily basis have to keep a batshit-crazy mayor in check in one of the world's largest superhero/supervillain hotspots.

BANNED

I would like to see a story about the Shocker travelling from New York to California planning the biggest heist of his career but on the way he starts helping people in need and he also realizes an organization is targeting him.

Astonishing Member

Silver Sable
    Spider-Betty(Brant)
    Julia Carpenter(as Toxin)

Bring Hobie Brown to Detroit and make it happen.

Oh, boy! This question has become a constant presence of sorts for me now: haunting me.

Telling me to answer it one more time.

One More Time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    [...]

Things not announced, but that I will like to see:

- Scarlet Spider & Hummingbird duo book. I join the chorus for those clamoring for more Kaine and Aracely! Christopher Yost's Scarlet Spider was/is my favorite book and I was happy to see them pop up in New Warriors. However, what I truly want is a title that focuses on them and their journeys.

I would be glad seeing a return of some manner to Houston (even or specially if it is under different conditions that the ones they left behind when they escaped the city), to see a resolution to the great mystery involving the Aztec gods (or see an expansion into whatever unknown mystic/astral realms and realities these strange beings possess and how it all crosses paths with people's mundane world) and, most of all, to continue to delve more into the human aspect of their lives.

And as I have said before, now that Aracely has advanced enough to join the action on the fray, now is the time for them to become truly a superhero duo and, as such, for the hypothetical comic to reflect that by integrating both of them into the story with equal weight. And the same goes for the book title and covers. And seeing that is a change that plays well with the new wave of titles with girl/female character leads Marvel is now investing on and that has proven profitable... why not officially make it part of it too?!

- And speaking of female characters, I remember a certain female supporting character from the JMS era that would be a perfect fit for the new setting of Parker Industries. But I won't say more.
    That would rock. Maybe after Secret Wars?

That said, I'm also looking for a Scarlet Spider ongoing with Kaine and Hummingbird. A title with all three could prove interesting... Or get some adjective to differentiate them maybe (The Original SS and THE OTHER SS & the Left-Handed Hummingbird?).
    I don't think Kaine would be too eager to join the Spider-Exiles team (or Spider People for Interdimensional Damage Engaging and Repairing Solutions) that is forming. Unless Karn can force him or convince or intrigue him in some way through the fact he is the host of the Other, I don't see it happening in all honesty. That said, the idea of Aracely being there, poking Karn's mechanical parts and providing commentary on the Web of Life and Destiny along her new friend Anya is an enticing idea, as well as Kaine and the group being sent to the wrong era or Earth by Karn due newbie mistakes at his new job as the Master Weaver.

However, I suppose the more likely outcome is for Kaine to return to 615 and, if there is will from Marvel, put him and Aracely in a new series where they can do some heavy ruckus and at some point her mysteries can finally be properly explored and investigated (with all the immensely exciting doors it can open).

A detail I noticed in my reading of the issue is that the panel where certain hand of certain someone does something has a particularly poignant, momentous, thought-provoking, dramatic, well-timed piece of Karn's dialogue:

"... We shall start anew".

Is Dan Slott (and through him, Marvel) hinting at something to come with this arrangement of text and image?

I very, very hope that that is exactly the case.
    And there is more. Much more. Believe me.

But speaking of other characters: a Toxin series where the main protagonist is the symbiote and we follow its journey through several different hosts (from Pat in flashback, to Eddie and many others). What caught my eye about this slimy fellow is that, unlike its predecessors, it had more dialogue than any of them and a lot of character with its desire to understand humanity and morality. Having it explore and learn from people's different outlooks and comparing them through the eye of its alien consciousness could prove a tantalizing experience.

Another character I would like to spend a few issues with is J. Jonah Jameson. A series of him taking a trip outside New York city and just spending time on the road. And of course, encountering a mystery and teaming up with an upstart superhero that is very much like a young Spider-man.

Otherwise, cyberhubbs's idea is kind of attractive to me and I hope we get to see some of it in Silk's comic, even if J.J.J is no longer a mayor.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 03-12-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Mary Jane.

Incredible Member

The Gibbon.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Spider-Girl/Araña. She's the only one I would particularly like to see get a book but given we already have Spider-Woman, Silk and Spider-Gwen I wouldn't fancy it's chances.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Scarlet Spider
    Hummingbird
    Mary Jane
    Black Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bring Hobie Brown to Detroit and make it happen.
    Sounds cool. Any story ideas you'd like to share?

Definitely want a Spider-Man Noir solo.

Sweet Mary Jane

Personally, I'd much rather see some Spidey-related books featuring teams or duos rather than books with single protagonists.

You guys have some pretty cool ideas going, though!

-Pav, who would trade a few toes for the chance to relaunch Slingers...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

- Julia though detach her from Spider-mans world for it and go back to her roots in the superhero community and life. I firmly believe being a plot device in ASM is what is killing her as a character. Given Secret Wars I think this would be the perfect time to have Julia front and center as to commemorate the original series.

- I want to read Cloak & Dagger again as well but I think they're a War Machine: Something that Marvel put enough effort into that just didn't bite, like Morbius as well. I think an attempt at it now would be doomed. I think the Ultimates versions of these characters actually have a better chance right now.

- Wraith. This character is just sitting there begging for exploration.

- Goblin Nation: The continuation of the story for Roderick, Phil and Lily in AXIS definitely showed me that there's much more that can be done with this and of course left a few questions unanswered.

I think all of the above would lend themselves better to limited series than ongoing.
    I make love, you make me sick.