Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    . . . - Wraith. This character is just sitting there begging for exploration . . .

PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man, #16.1

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who's the woman with the snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's the woman with the snake?
    Princess Python. She is with the other members of the Circus of Crime.

Sounds cool. Any story ideas you'd like to share?
    in real life, the city's just emerging from bankruptcy. Downtown is considered on a rebound, but most residential neighborhoods are economically suffering. Local politicians face scandals regularly. Talented engineers (Hobie) are desired by automotive-based companies and local tech-based startup operations. New-transplant entrepreneurs and college-educated professionals occasionally come into conflict with longtime residents. Local newspapers frequently discuss class divisions, racial relations, job trends conflict (white collar= trending up, blue collar= trending down)

I'd like to see Hobie (and his wife) relocate with the intent of starting fresh in a new city with lots of "new opportunities".. Only he runs into problems with the local criminal element including maybe a previously C-list villain who decided to set up shop in Detroit after getting beat up/captured in NYC too often. The lack of an indigenous superhero population has made the city vulnerable to ambitious C-list supervillains.

House/business scrapping is a major problem in the city- vacant homes and vacant civic & commercial properties being ransacked of anything that's sellable (e.g., metal plumbing and other metal fixtures, copper electrical wiring, aluminum siding, porcelain fixtures, glass, wood carvings, marble countertops, etc.). The culprits range from haphazard individuals to fairly organized teams with sophisticated equipment (blowtorches, etc.) the materials are frequently either sold on the black market or openly to scrapyard managers willing to look the other way.
    Consequently, "ruin p0rn" has become an "alternative tourism" in the city, particularly for long-abandoned commercial structures in the city.

I'd like to see a storyline start off where Hobie, out of his own curiosity, decides to go exploring an abandoned factory, when, unbeknownst to him, two teenagers are also there, lurking around and taking photographs; at the same time, a crew of scrappers is cutting through support beams (this has been done before) to retrieve large volumes of metal, which aside from causing a catastrophic crash, a fire gets started, trapping the kids. The Prowler saves them, but the scrappers make an escape, and Hobie figures it's up to him to find the culprits.

side note- a conversation with a firefighter reveals that some firehouses have outdated notification systems- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGowJP3paeI
    (which also inspires Hobie to try and design something more helpful)..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    in real life, the city's just emerging from bankruptcy. Downtown is considered on a rebound, but most residential neighborhoods are economically suffering. Local politicians face scandals regularly. Talented engineers (Hobie) are desired by automotive-based companies and local tech-based startup operations. New-transplant entrepreneurs and college-educated professionals occasionally come into conflict with longtime residents. Local newspapers frequently discuss class divisions, racial relations, job trends conflict (white collar= trending up, blue collar= trending down)

I'd like to see Hobie (and his wife) relocate with the intent of starting fresh in a new city with lots of "new opportunities".. Only he runs into problems with the local criminal element including maybe a previously C-list villain who decided to set up shop in Detroit after getting beat up/captured in NYC too often. The lack of an indigenous superhero population has made the city vulnerable to ambitious C-list supervillains.

House/business scrapping is a major problem in the city- vacant homes and vacant civic & commercial properties being ransacked of anything that's sellable (e.g., metal plumbing and other metal fixtures, copper electrical wiring, aluminum siding, porcelain fixtures, glass, wood carvings, marble countertops, etc.). The culprits range from haphazard individuals to fairly organized teams with sophisticated equipment (blowtorches, etc.) the materials are frequently either sold on the black market or openly to scrapyard managers willing to look the other way.
    Consequently, "ruin p0rn" has become an "alternative tourism" in the city, particularly for long-abandoned commercial structures in the city.

I'd like to see a storyline start off where Hobie, out of his own curiosity, decides to go exploring an abandoned factory, when, unbeknownst to him, two teenagers are also there, lurking around and taking photographs; at the same time, a crew of scrappers is cutting through support beams (this has been done before) to retrieve large volumes of metal, which aside from causing a catastrophic crash, a fire gets started, trapping the kids. The Prowler saves them, but the scrappers make an escape, and Hobie figures it's up to him to find the culprits.

side note- a conversation with a firefighter reveals that some firehouses have outdated notification systems- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGowJP3paeI
    Sounds great. I'd definitely buy this.

BANNED

That's really good stuff. I'd buy that book.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I knew I should have put a disclaimer " BTW, I'm aware Wraith is in an upcoming series and has appeared in ASM, but I'm answering a question about solo series. "
    I make love, you make me sick.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'd like to see:
    Spider-Punk
    Spider-Man Noir
    Wraith
    Anti-Venom
    Hobgoblin
    More Carnage Miniseries

Which character from the Spider-Man world you like to see in a solo title? For me:

Cloak & Dagger: Ty and Tandy as defenders of the streets of New York. Investigating crimes that most big time heroes, even Spider-Man wouldn't be able to notice. I'd throw in some sci-fi and supernatural elements in there to.

Prowler: Hobbie Brown trying to get his life together as a hard luck hero in the same vein of Hawkeye and Spider-Man.

Black Cat: Leverage style cooperate espionage stories starring Felicia.

Norah Winters: A look into the life of a reporter in the superhero world.
    Out of the choices you've given my #1 pick would be Black Cat. I also agree with MarioHerald that I'd like a Scarlet Spider and Hummingbird book.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Madame Wed Julia Carpenter -single Mom Superhero

Black Cat-have her form the next Thunderbolts as leader.

Team Sandman,Shroud,Prowler,Punisher(gets kicked out) ,Toxin,Puma,Spiderwoman,Silhouette(new Warriors but still cool).

Cloak n Dagger- give them 6 months worth of cleaning up lingering plot lines that ends in a better gameplan for how they fit in Marvel U.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 03-13-2015 at 08:01 PM.

iMan 42s

Scarlet spider and Hummingbird

Darkdevil
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Eddie Brock/Toxin. He's just kind of hanging in limbo right now and a series could really do him some good.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Hammerhead; I want to see more of the New York crime scene from within. Maybe call the book Kingpin but focus on Hammerhead and have Fisk as a supporting presence.

Black Cat
    A Villain team-up book like Sinister Six or Superior Foes

BANNED

I would read this too. That would be a really interesting book.