Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In my defense, I haven't had a fanboy freakout in a while. It'll pass but I'm letting it wash over me right now.

To actually put some thought into what they might be doing here, the only idea I can think of is that maybe something out of Convergence, or maybe even something out of Darkseid War, alters the power sets of some of these characters? Like Superman is down to Golden Age levels again hence the streetwear, Wonder Woman's depowered hence being covered more with some more weapons...I dunno.

Jumping ahead five years again is never something I could completely dismiss but at the same time it flies in the face of the original movement of younger heroes. Unless they've abandoned that, I have a hard time seeing them aging these characters five more years essentially overnight.
    Yeah...this could be set in the aftermath of DARKSEID WAR. Something HUGE goes down and the DCU we see in June is a flashforward, while JUSTICE LEAGUE catches up with the timeline...sorta how FOREVER EVIL shook out but in reverse, perhaps.

I see where you are coming from, but as most of the characters like Supes were Mid 20's anyway...it would bring Supes back to, what, 30-32 tops? The only thing that hurts my theory it means the teen characters like SUPERGIRL, Kon, the current Teen Titans would also be 19 or 20 years old and Damien would end up 16 or so...but then again there are ways to get around that (especially with Damien).

I also could see the advantages to this. With that device, it leaves a lot of wiggle room to slot in some stuff that didn't work before. For instance, a Kid Flash career (or perhaps even a brief FLASH career) for Nu Wally, so bam, some of the old Wally's history could be brought back into play in some form. Same with some elements of Wolfman New Teen Titans, Some of Superman's Post-Crisis history etc. Basically the restoration of the 10 year time span from the modern dawn of heroes to the ongoing stories. The New 52 era would basically then take place dead center of that span, with continuity and history to define on both sides of that line. Gives writers a larger canvas to work from when crafting stories while fixing one of the biggest problems with the New 52, I.E. the cramped time line. A win win I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Imacomicfan View Post
    I wonder who else are getting a new costume. The whole justice league?
    Letīs see, until now the ones with new costumes are:
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Hal Jordan
    Barry Allen

Maybe yes.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Aw man I'm really into the T shirt and jeans stuff on the character, and even more so with the classic S. A lot of people take issue with it because he would look out of place when standing next to the JLA. I say that's a plus! I like the idea of the most impressive being in the world just wearing a t shirt and some jeans to an adventure.
    agreed, sir.

i personally think all the JLA characters should have distinctive looks to match with who and what they are in a way. when the N52 started, many of the characters looked like they all came form the same tailor even though they had never met. i understand it to a point. that synergy and "we're all on the same team" kind of thing. but it just felt too homogenized.

let them be individuals. what they wear should reflect that.

in the case of jeans n' t shirt superman...
    it represents the hard working, middle america, no nonsense man of the people. who honors his alien heritage by wearing the emblem on his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    We all have them from time to time. We're only human

Ah but then why not wear the suit or the at least the indestructible cape? It would make sense for him to stay better protected if he were weaker, right? There's gotta be more to it, and I think DC is pulling our minds one way while having something else in the works. We get the depowering idea because we see visual tells like the classic golden age S or the "new golden age" look that Morrison gave him so we aromatically assume one thing. But stuff doesn't add up with what we know so far and events that just took place.

Plus how crazy vague the issue descriptions and covers are.
    I just hope its not a Superior Superman type situation. If they reveal its not Kal, or another Earth's Superman stuck on Earth-0 or something I'm out. I can deal with a look I don't like if I have an investment in the stories. I've done that a bunch of times before. I won't abide a character switch though. I hadn't mentioned the theory yet because I hate it so so much, but he looks different beyond just clothes, the storyline is called "Truth", Superman #41 solicits a big secret revealed, Wonder Woman is looking at him on the cover to SM/WW #18 like "Who's THIS guy?"....disturbing possible clues.

Again I just pray all these initial negative feelings I have will be squashed with fervor come June.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-12-2015 at 04:11 PM.

I just hope its not a Superior Superman type situation. If they reveal its not Kal, or another Earth's Superman stuck on Earth-0 or something I'm out. I can deal with a look I don't like if I have an investment in the stories. I've done that a bunch of times before. I won't abide a character switch though. I hadn't mentioned the theory yet because I hate it so so much, but he looks different beyond just clothes, the storyline is called "Truth", Superman #41 solicits a big secret revealed, Wonder Woman is looking at him on the cover to SM/WW #18 like "Who's THIS guy?"....disturbing possible clues.

Again I just pray all these initial negative feelings I have will be squashed with fervor come June.
    Here's another theory....what if this is still NEW 52, Earth-0 Kal....but a version of him from the future stuck in the past while his current self is in the future? I seem to remember "our" Kal ended up in the FUTURE'S END future in the SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN FUTURE'S END one shot. I haven't been following Future's End, so I don't know how he ended up in the future...or if they even showed him returning. Did they even explain how that worked?

Amazing Member

She looks like a WWE wrestler. Like her name should be 'Glitter Glow' or something

Its not explained at all, in fact those Wonder Woman one shots had absolutely no bearing on Futures End proper whatsoever. They actually don't even really fit into the story at all. Not to say that completely nullifies your idea, though, as traveling through space and time is a big concept of Futures End and Convergence. I still wouldn't like it though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-12-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Its not explained at all, in fact those Wonder Woman one shots had absolutely no bearing on Futures End proper whatsoever. They actually don't even really fit into the story at all. Not to say that completely nullifies your idea, though, as traveling through space and time is a big concept of Futures End and Convergence. I still wouldn't like it though.
    I may be wrong. I'm just spitballing.

Yang says he is building off of the Johns run. Wonder if this has something to do with the mysterious figure that's been appearing off and on during that run? There IS a mysterious package on the last few pages of #38...hmm.

Oh I know, me too, nothing to do right now other than bounce ideas as there's obviously stuff going on that they're not willing to even hint at right now.

Extraordinary Member

If Superman has been depowered back to his "single bound" levels or weaker, wouldn't he need the armor even more?

As for Wonder Woman, I wonder what the fans who hated her carrying a sword will make of this.

"The golden wrist stilettos of love and understanding".

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virile Agitur View Post
    agreed, sir.

i personally think all the JLA characters should have distinctive looks to match with who and what they are in a way. when the N52 started, many of the characters looked like they all came form the same tailor even though they had never met. i understand it to a point. that synergy and "we're all on the same team" kind of thing. but it just felt too homogenized.

let them be individuals. what they wear should reflect that.

in the case of jeans n' t shirt superman...
    it represents the hard working, middle america, no nonsense man of the people. who honors his alien heritage by wearing the emblem on his chest.
    Yeah we couldn't agree more.

I was pretty put off by the idea that they looked so uniform even if they hadn't met, and the fact that it was intentional on Lee's part. Being a superhero is supposed to be free expression and ripping that shirt open to show your true self under all the fuss and the mask that you put on in life. So I would think the JLA would look more like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rather than the Power Rangers. They're this group of vastly different people from all walks of life coming together with the common thread of making the world around them a better place for all.

Yeah and in addition to what you said about the T shirt and jeans look being that blue collar man of the people feel, I'd also say it's very approachable and inviting. I can see a t shirt, jeans, and cape Superman taking out the time to find a lost dog or something. And he'd do it with the same determination he'd have when stopping a doomsday plot. You get the feeling that nothing slips through the cracks with this guy, ya know?

I will say though, he's lost some of his inviting nature with this particular rendition of the look. But he still has that blue collar working class find to still keep the charm up.

God the more I look at it the more I think, if he just had his friggin normal locks I'd have far less an issue. But that stupid ass haircut, man.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-12-2015 at 04:36 PM.

I'm not a 100% but I don't think you have to worry about that. I don't think Yang would start off his run not working on Superman and the same goes for JR JR continuing his run without Superman himself. I think it's just a new direction.

Who knows what "truth" could mean at this point. But I do think the look is sort of symbolic of the title of the arc. Like he's stripped himself down of all of the fluff and the extra and he's just shown as he is, naked, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Letīs see, until now the ones with new costumes are:
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Hal Jordan
    Barry Allen

Maybe yes.
    Where are people seeing the new Hal and Barry costumes? I can't find them.

God the more I look at it the more I think, if he just had his friggin normal locks I'd have far less an issue. But that stupid ass haircut, man.
    I actually really like it now that I think of it in the context of the title "truth".