Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I had a similar thought. Perhaps the trinity are from 3 different earths. The big dc story will be where the earth (whatever the hell the new 52 is) have gone.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

The wrist things look like Liefeld abominations from the nineties. Diana looks like a Youngblood escapee.

Personally prefer her in a Roman Centurion inspired outfit.

Last edited by MichaelC; 03-12-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Mighty Member

Bat-Chappie: I am sure there is a great story behind why Batman is a mecha now, so I am going to let that one slide.
    Superman: We've seen him with the t-shirt look in Action Comics (which I actually read), so it's not too jarring to see him wearing one now. It's also not unappealing to the eye. I can live with this.
    Wonder Woman: Overly designed, so busy... I'm dizzy from looking at her. And although Finch can pull off drawing that intricate costume so at least it's not too ugly, other artists will have trouble replicating the feat (e.g., Paolo Siqueria's cover). What were they thinking!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Another lame desperate attempt by DC in this New 52 stink era. Sup/WW, costume changes left and right...what's next?

Conner...er, I mean Clark looks great. [sarcasm]
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yeah, a jean and a t-shirt that's not a costume, sorry guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    They got Wonder Woman wrong.
    There's still skin showing on her face and fingertips.
    Hurry up and cover that up, DC. *smh*
    It must be rough having a double standard.

I'm glad I'm not reading these.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If it lasts to October, it means I can be Superman at this year's Halloween party.

It's kind of strange that Superman is getting a new costume so soon. He just got a new suit and now it's gone already. I do like both of them. I kind of miss Superman in a cape. It doesn't strike me as anything really long term, despite the indication that this is a change in the status-quo. My only concern is bloody, bandaged knuckles on Supes. I hope this isn't some attempt to "fix" Superman by making him a gritty, brawler, street hero and de-powering him. I don't need a Batman with some superpowers or a really strong Daredevil.

The WW costume looses me a bit on the wrist blades, but I like the rest.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Superman's wearing my yard work costume.

Spectacular Member

is Wonder Woman now a priest or reverend? That's the first thing I thought with I saw that collar. It's a really busy look that would benefit from some editing.

I like the idea of short sleeves on Superman, but I think it needs to be a suit and not a t-shirt.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh my, now where could this be going? Fleischer logo, new hair cut, and a return to T and jeans? This new 52 guy is full of surprises. The look invokes that working man feel even more now with the buzz cut. I really like that Batman/Superman cover. He's looking at a clearly larger opponent with this "yeah I can take em" look on his face and in his posture.

I find it odd though that he'd be in his T and jeans if the theory is he has no powers. One would think that he would have his nearly indestructible armor and cape on if he's powerless. I wonder how all of this fits into Yang's take on the character? Maybe some fans got their wish and he's back at golden age levels after a super flare? In any case it looks interesting. I just hope it doesn't play for just shock, and there is in fact great story for this character behind it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    but what about superboy most well known costume?

and what about the Romita jr costume? crisis of infinite costumes?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The wrist things look like Liefeld abominations from the nineties. Diana looks like a Youngblood escapee.

Personally prefer her in a Roman Centurion inspired outfit.

me too.

she is looking like witchblade with that thing coming from the bracelets. let it go 90s

I liked the t-shirt, superman just look like a everyman that do hard work on civil construction. what is the reason?

I would rather see kon-el superboy back at t-shirt and jeans
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-12-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Drop the blades (reminds me of the Predator) and make the boots shorter (over the knees looks a little weird imo), otherwise I'm cool. I don't mind Superman and Batman's costumes because I know these are part of huge superman and batman family stories (they did say other than Darksied War, only those two lines would have events).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #41
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER / Art and cover by AARON KUDER

THE JOKER Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The epic new storyline “TRUTH” begins! For Superman, there’s no more holding back!

-Kuder and Pak writing this one (liked his work on Superboy a lot)

-"no more holding back"

-Cooke cover!!!!!