Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

But...DC already made a big deal about the last Superman costume change, and we're already getting another? Really? And it's not even really a costume, and looks more like something Conner would wear. I know the shirt and jeans Superman look has its fans, but I was never too big on it, so I can't say I'm fond of this type of outfit for Supes. Especially when it's missing the cape.

I wonder if this street look is meant to come about as a result of the "big secret" revealed in Superman Post-Convergence? I've read theories of it being about Clark's secret identity, so maybe that factors into this?

As for Wonder Woman, I'm a lot more receptive to her new look even if I don't think she really needed a costume change and if they wanted a new suit they could've just implemented her Fabok-designed JL outfit across the line. Not sure about the blades in her bracelets, or whether her legs really needed to be completely covered.

Is anyone else getting a dark/gritty feel and tone for the books from those covers?

The superman "costume" really just looks like superboy to me...

I'm really liking the WW redesign, but please get rid of the black spandex. It would look less busy, and be closer to what we have now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Another lame desperate attempt by DC in this New 52 stink era. Sup/WW, costume changes left and right...what's next?

Conner...er, I mean Clark looks great. [sarcasm]
    I think it looks good on clark, but it fitted more on Conner 'cause he didn't had full superman power and was half human

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    ACTION COMICS #41
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER / Art and cover by AARON KUDER

THE JOKER Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The epic new storyline “TRUTH” begins! For Superman, there’s no more holding back!

-Kuder and Pak writing this one (liked his work on Superboy a lot)

-"no more holding back"

-Cooke cover!!!!!
    so sm/ww, action will do a crossover? someone have the solicit for Superman?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-12-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Add the cape back and make his hair a little shaggier and I'm into the new costume.

and there goes my DC reading,The wackiness and non continuity stuff was already throwing me off anyway.not sure what's with this trend of superheroes needing be in practical street clothes these days. soo much for the "superhero" genre. if this is supposed to be "getting with the times", i think they need to reevaluate..

So, DC goes through the process of slightly altering the new 52 costume, along with adding a new power, only to strip away the updated costume in favor of jeans and a t-shirt? I realize, as others have already said, this harkens back to his new 52 debut, but this is clearly a temporary thing. Superman isn't Superman without the cape.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Guess I won't be reading Superman books for a while.

The Wonder Woman costume is even worse. The collar is too severe, replacing the blue with the black is crap, wearing thigh-high boots when one is wearing pants makes no sense at all, and turning her into a Wolverine wannabe is freaking insulting.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Wow, Superman really can't get a good costume in the New 52 can he? Wonder Woman looks alright.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    so sm/ww, action will do a crossover?
    Yeah I think so in some form or another.

Superman is totally swaggerjacking Luke Cage.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Big T shirt Superman fan here, so I'm going all "F.CK YEAH" in my head right now. Kinda like it better with the cape and another haircut, but who cares? T SHIRT AND JEANS MAN OF THE PEOPLE SUPERMAN IS BACK, B.TCHES!
    I have no idea why Diana is going all Wolverine, though. And apparently, she stole Clark's collar. Not a big fan so far, but who knows? Maybe it will grow on me.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

In Justice League they all have their pre Convergence costumes. This is what Didio and Lee meant about not holding to tightly to continuity. These changes are for the purpose of story no doubt, and story is coming first. End of the day SM will always get back his cape. We had SM in his suit and cape and in bad stories pre new 52 anyway so if these bring good stories...I'm willing to see what they got planned.

BANNED

For any posters here that said I was wrong about superman trying to be superboy conner Kent,this should quiet you,and you can apologize to me now.

Yes superman looks cool,I won't argue that fact,I won't love the use of the old school S shield,my only complaint is stealing superboys "thing".

Now I want to see what DC has in store for superboy eeeek

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Add the cape back and make his hair a little shaggier and I'm into the new costume.
    Agreed. The lack of a cape and the short hair are probably what's causing all the Conner comparisons. Other than that though, I'm fine with his new costume.

Wonder Woman's is a little too busy for my taste, but its not awful.

However, all these new costumes are making me wonder if we'll be seeing a 5 year jump to a post Futures End world after Convergence. I hope not, but I'm starting to worry that might be the case.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

T Shirt/jeans Superman rules. You're all crazy!

Wonder Woman's isn't bad, either.

They're probably both temporary, but, might as well complain about it.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli