Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    ACTION COMICS #41
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER / Art and cover by AARON KUDER

THE JOKER Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The epic new storyline “TRUTH” begins! For Superman, there’s no more holding back!

-Kuder and Pak writing this one (liked his work on Superboy a lot)

-"no more holding back"

-Cooke cover!!!!!
    Mmmm....I thought "Truth" was the name of Yang's storyline. I take it it's some sort of event/crossover, then, the name of the new status quo. So, if we add it up, we have some explosition, a Big Secret revealed that seems to be Superman's secret identity, and right after that, the guy's wearing his jeans and t shirt, has a new haircut (that seems to be the result of the explosion), and possibly back to his early New 52 set?
    I guess Didio wasn't kidding when he talked about a big change in the status quo.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Yeah I think so in some form or another.
    sm/ww, action and superman will have the same "epic" story line. so it's like a crossover, superman books can't get one years without some gimmick to save action and sm/ww sales

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I suppose Supes costume is a combination of these 2 desgins.

All-New Member

I'd like that look better for Conner, but I'm not running DC so who cares what I think!

Yep. That's that. I'm Done.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-12-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Rude comment removed

Amazing Member

The WW is a big improvement... though I really don't like those wrist blade things. I am not a big fan of the shoulder-pads either, but over-all it is a very good costume.

I saw some people preferring the Fabok costume. I am not one of them. Not even close.

I don't care about the Superman costume. It looks like it is his casual Friday version.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Big T shirt Superman fan here, so I'm going all "F.CK YEAH" in my head right now. Kinda like it better with the cape and another haircut, but who cares? T SHIRT AND JEANS MAN OF THE PEOPLE SUPERMAN IS BACK, B.TCHES!
    That's what I'm sayin, man! It's just always great to see that look for some reason. Who knows if he'll be a man of the people like Morrison's guy or not, but that look is just too great. Do wish the short cape was there to top it all off though, but I'll live. I'm more into the hair cut than I thought I'd be. I just like this experimentation with Superman's identity and image that the new 52 allows. It man not be my guy by any stretch of the imagination, but it could be someone else's. Plus it's always good to keep the ideas flowing. One day someone brilliant could have something to say using them or at least the spirit behind them.

Also WELCOME BACK MAN!!!!!

ACTION COMICS #41
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER / Art and cover by AARON KUDER

THE JOKER Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

The epic new storyline “TRUTH” begins! For Superman, there’s no more holding back!

-Kuder and Pak writing this one (liked his work on Superboy a lot)

-"no more holding back"

-Cooke cover!!!!!
    Sounds okay but, um, when was Superman holding back before? Holding back from what? What does not holding back now mean or, in other words, what possible ways could that manifest? I don't know. It's not exactly something I felt was missing with this New 52 version of the character. Is he going to unleash his physical power more (could not care less, if this is true)? Is he going to be a more vocal force in geopolitics (that would be more interesting to me, but it would be complicated)? More or complete honesty with his friends (also interesting but not if it's reversed, and it's kind of been done incrementally already; Jimmy is a recent example)? It just sounds like buzzwords that have been used to promote Superman stories before, so I'm skeptical. I trust Pak to do a good job, though.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I really like Wonder Woman's costume, it just doesn't feel like a Woman Woman costume to me, but that can change based on who ever in drawing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    T Shirt/jeans Superman rules. You're all crazy!

Wonder Woman's isn't bad, either.

They're probably both temporary, but, might as well complain about it.
    Haha, exactly. I also get the feeling not too many people here read Morrison's Action run. OBVIOUSLY Superman's regular suit will be back eventually! But Morrison's t-shirt and jeans look was too good to forget about so I'm happy it's back, at least for a while.

WW's outfit is an improvement over the goofy hot pants but seems kind of busy to me. I like the blades and the general bad-assery of it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Haha, exactly. I also get the feeling not too many people here read Morrison's Action run. OBVIOUSLY Superman's regular suit will be back eventually! But Morrison's t-shirt and jeans look was too good to forget about so I'm happy it's back, at least for a while.
    We read Morrison's Action.

You may find this shocking, but some people didn't like the story OR the crappy non-costume.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yeah I think so in some form or another.
    Batman/Superman too:

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #21
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art and cover by ARDIAN SYAF
    THE JOKER Variant cover by JOCK
    On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    The epic new storyline “TRUTH” continues! In this chapter, what are the consequences of a bond broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Mmmm....I thought "Truth" was the name of Yang's storyline. I take it it's some sort of event/crossover, then, the name of the new status quo. So, if we add it up, we have some explosition, a Big Secret revealed that seems to be Superman's secret identity, and right after that, the guy's wearing his jeans and t shirt, has a new haircut (that seems to be the result of the explosion), and possibly back to his early New 52 set?
    I guess Didio wasn't kidding when he talked about a big change in the status quo.
    Dude June's gonna be an interesting time. I remember Yang saying that he and all of the other Superman writers and artist got together and really pinned down what they all wanted to do going forward. He described it as a way to be cohesive as a line yet still telling very separate and unique stories for each book. I wonder how this fits into the "continuity-lite" direction?

All-New Member

Wonder Woman looks great, Superman very uninspired. Come on DC, if even only temporary you can do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Passmore View Post
    Batman/Superman too:

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #21
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art and cover by ARDIAN SYAF
    THE JOKER Variant cover by JOCK
    On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    The epic new storyline “TRUTH” continues! In this chapter, what are the consequences of a bond broken?
    Well there ya go it is a crossover of some sort haha

Wonder if the broke up? Maybe this is after Futures end after all?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Wonder Woman's is alright

The Superman one is terrible

and the Flash one just added a lot of lines.