Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Why are they making Superman look like Superboy from Young Justice with a blue shirt instead of black? I could care less about the red trunks, but to quote the other company's movie, "When you go to war, you wear a uniform". Jeans and a t-shirt are stupid.

You want to give him a new costume fine. I like the "Bizzaro" Superman black costume from Earth 2. That would be sweet!
    Last edited by mrjames21; 03-12-2015 at 12:23 PM.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Wow. I LOVE this!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    This might be contender for the worst wonder woman costume. Right up there with new 52, recent animated ones (though it looks a bit like it), and oh yeah but ugly one in superman/batman movie. DC stop making my sort of joke about the new 52 superman being really Superboy Prime actually more seemingly real. Logo works for kingdom come superman but not a regular superman. Superboy/Kon-El called he wants superman stop ripping his costume off again. Direction dc keeps going is embarrassingly bad. As I said the other day looking more like a parody or rip off company then the Real DC comics these days. Thanks for making it easy not to waste my money on you DC.
    Hyperbole. It's for story purpose's. Nothing wrong with doing things fresh and going back to a "roots" sort of thing. We are getting the classic Superman back eventually and it's obvious. Seriously, I can't understand how seeing the Fleischer S symbol NOT excite fans for just being the Fleischer S. I dig it!

They're changing Superman AGAIN? Didn't they just get through introducing a new costume a few weeks ago? The cape and plain clothes were fine for an early-days Superman, but the capeless plain clothes Fleischer-logo Superman better not be a permanent change.

Return of the t shirt and jeans? Has DC been peeking at my christmas list?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

The Fleischer S is fine. It's everything else that is #orse $#!t

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Both new costumes juuust short of real greatness, but I dig them both (though I liked the 'other' new Superman costume well enough too). Get rid of the blades and crotch-cape for Wonder Woman, give Superman his cape and some hair, and we'd be just about perfect. Though I am concerned about 'Truth' apparently being a whole thing (does it extend to Superman/Wonder Woman?), and the image of the bloody-handed Superman with the whole "No holding back!" deal. Though given that it's Pak, and Yang seems to be on a relatively similar page, if it's anything too extreme I doubt it'll be permanent. Maybe Lexrules was half-right after all, and we're getting another universe's Superman for a bit?
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    The Fleischer S is fine. It's everything else that is #orse $#!t
    There should totally be a red thong over those jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    They're changing Superman AGAIN? Didn't they just get through introducing a new costume a few weeks ago? The cape and plain clothes were fine for an early-days Superman, but the capeless plain clothes Fleischer-logo Superman better not be a permanent change.
    Wait, are we REALLY calling Romita JR's changes to the New-52 suit a change? That was a joke. Still is.

I don't see the appeal of the Fleischer logo, but by far the most annoying thing about this is they just got through changing the suit after hyping the change for months. Now they're already hyping another change? And it's back to plain clothes, but even more plain than before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Better then looking like any ordinary person off the street wearing a Superman shirt. I never understood how people actually liked the Shirt and Jeans Superman. There was no secret Identity involved what so ever with it and no large then life look which is what Superman should have. He looks like a steroided up Muscle head you will see coming out of the Gym instead of the Worlds Greatest Super Hero.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 03-12-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    So Supes can unleash his sexuality on the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by HGeeK View Post
    Superman isn't Superman without the cape.
    Those of us who said the same about the red trunks have gotten a lot of flak over the past few years. Really, once DC started tinkering with the costume, I got the feeling that nothing was safe any more. Looks like I was right.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Return of the t shirt and jeans? Has DC been peeking at my christmas list?
    11th Doctor quote? Who fan??!!

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ah I see. I haven't kept up with the Bat stuff on this subject. I'll look into it, though.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against the idea of him going no Clark for a while and seeing how the homogenization of identity gets to him, but I just don't know if it'll be that cut and dry. I still don't see why he wouldn't wear his suit if he had it. I absolutely don't see why he wouldn't wear the cape. The only reason I could really see for that is him having one or both destroyed, but wouldn't that be super redundant and impossible as far as the cape goes? I could see the change being because of a personal choice akin to what you put forward but what that personal choice is I can't be so sure right now even with the covers and issue descriptions around.

But if it is your idea specifically I still couldn't imagine why he'd do away with the cape. You'd think he'd go back to the T shirt and jeans look with the cape in honor of both words. The cape wasn't really a costume for him but a way to always be close to his lost home. Pak made a point to show how happy Clark was to get it and how at home he felt holding it. So I don't know. Might be more to all of this.
    Well, I never said he'd still have the costume and the cape. Obviously, I don't know (if anything, the few we have seen implies otherwise, but there's no proof either way), so I'm not going to pretend I will explain why he's not wearing the cape. As for the secret ID thing, well....again I can't pretend I know, but it just seems to make sense with what we have:
    -Didio said Batman and Superman will have big status quo changes. We kinda know what he means for Batman, and Superman "losing"Clark Kent is a pretty big change.
    -The Storyline is called "Truth". Thematically, it kinda works.
    -The first sollicit talked about a "Big Secret" revealed. His secret identity is probably Clark's biggest and most iconic secret.
    -The very first image we have is Clark with his "business clothes" destroyed, and the Superman costume underneath. It's even similar to how his secret got revealed in "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow".
    -The T shirt look doesn't go in that direction specifically, but it's an element that could add up.
    -The Action sollicit goes all "this time he can't hold back". If "Whatever" told us anything, it's that whenever Superman's secret ID is revealed, things go south pretty fast. Although it could also just be hinting at him being depowered or something, and the reason he can't hold back is because he's not necesarily the strongest anymore.

As I said, it's just a theory, but it's just one that seems to make sense with what we know so far. To me at least.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.