Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    We are definitely entering into a more conservative time.
    How so? 10 char
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

All-New Member

Ummm correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this "new outfit" have as much staying power as Buzzcut Bro-Superman and Robosuit Batman? This has to be temporary right?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if its temporary, but it has much more staying power than Superman or Batman's new looks.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if its temporary, but it has much more staying power than Superman or Batman's new looks.
    Honestly I can't believe there are people who think the outfit looks good. It looks like Wonder Woman had a complete psychotic mental breakdown, and is trying to wear all her outfits at once.

This right here is WAAAAY more fitting for Wonder Woman, and actually looks normal:
    1426203549125_zpseb7zvwsd.jpg

Hmmm...I don't love it...maybe I kinda like it? I'd change the boots, mainly. Not bad for what I'm guessing is a very temporary change. Did some quick social media analysis earlier and shocked by my estimated 70-80% positive reaction to the new costume.

Hoping to see WW and others in a variety of looks in the new, continuity-light DCU

BY THE GODS OF MOUNT OLYMPUS THIS IS THE WORST COSTUME I'VE SEEN SINCE DONNA TROY'S TROIA COSTUME.WHY DOES DC HATE WONDER WOMAN SO ,MUCH.WHY.well I'm goin to collect the book until this costume debut then I'm done once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
    Honestly I can't believe there are people who think the outfit looks good. It looks like Wonder Woman had a complete psychotic mental breakdown, and is trying to wear all her outfits at once.

This right here is WAAAAY more fitting for Wonder Woman, and actually looks normal:
    1426203549125_zpseb7zvwsd.jpg
    I still dislike the huge boots, but this one is already much better.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Hmmm...I don't love it...maybe I kinda like it? I'd change the boots, mainly. Not bad for what I'm guessing is a very temporary change. Did some quick social media analysis earlier and shocked by my estimated 70-80% positive reaction to the new costume.

Hoping to see WW and others in a variety of looks in the new, continuity-light DCU
    I think you're underestimating the amount of people who don't like it. For example, there is clearly a lot of people in this thread who aren't feeling it.

Also this may be controversial, but I don't care because I think it's true. There's probably a certain portion of the people who like it, who just like it because she's covered from head to toe. Aesthetics be damned, they've just been waiting for YEARS for Diana to not show so much skin, and that day has finally come.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Well, to be fair, if it's like Batman and Superman's costumes, there's probably some sort of context that will justify such a drastic departure from her usual costumes.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I hate this more than Jim Lee's last attempt to update Wonder Woman's armor/uniform/costume in that dumb ODYSSEY nonsense in the prior volume of her title. WHY, WHY, WHY???

And I completely agree with others re: Jason Fabok's design. I really like the dark hues and the silver and how awesome Fabok draws Diana.

The thigh high boots are broke as are the DYNASTY era shoulder gear. I'm not down with the Wolverina crap on her forearms either and.... Just NO. I can't. I can't with this!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I hate this more than Jim Lee's last attempt to update Wonder Woman's armor/uniform/costume in that dumb ODYSSEY nonsense in the prior volume of her title. WHY, WHY, WHY???

The thigh high boots are broke as are the DYNASTY era shoulder gear. I'm not down with the Wolverina crap on her forearms either and.... Just NO. I can't. I can't with this!
    If you look at DC and the current artist, why would you ask "why?"

The previous creative team is the only thing that stopped this sort of thing from happening sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Well, to be fair, if it's like Batman and Superman's costumes, there's probably some sort of context that will justify such a drastic departure from her usual costumes.
    Or a contest among the Trinity of whose uniform/armor/costume looks worst.

I'd prefer Fabok's design but I don't hate this one. We'll see how it works in action.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Here's to hoping this silliness is just temporary - the blades are the worst part. She can summon any weapon she wants from her old bracelets, so this is just...goofy, as are the thigh high boots.

At least gold is back...?
    Yeah, the boots are killing me. Just too much going on. I like Finch and really dont care if Wondy shows less skin, but this outfit is all over the place.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
    this is awesome.

I'm a bit surprised ppl like WW's costume. I figured the wrist blades would turn ppl - casual and hardcore fans alike - off. It sure as hell did for me.

While I like everything else, those wrist blades are just...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song