Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default No love for DC books?

Is it just me or are DC's books rated lower than Marvel books overall on comic review websites?

I was looking at comicbookroundup.com (the imdb for comics supposedly), and the top rated books always have more Marvel than DC. I mean, they had Spider-Gwen on there but no Grayson.

Anyone else feels this way?

Are Marvel books really better than DC books recently? Or do the sites just ignore DC stuff except for Batman?

Reviews are probably full of bias and influence from the comic book companies.

BANNED

In the DiDio-era, DC books are creatively at a low ebb, as they try ANYthing to "look kewl!" to the detriment of the characters.

Haven't noticed, I don't really pay attention to reviews. I just buy and enjoy what I like; who cares what anyone else thinks?

DC's the underdog and Marvel is that PR guy that keeps shout from the roof about "look at what we're doing hip and cool right?".
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

it also helps that marvel has a currently booming cinematic following which translates into bonus sales for their comic industry. Should be interesting if DC sees the same sort of bump in sales from their cinematic universe once it gets off the ground.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Passmore View Post
    I don't really pay attention to reviews
    Same. Like really, i never read any. Only thing i read sometimes is people opinions here on some books i'm not sure to pick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Same. Like really, i never read any. Only thing i read sometimes is people opinions here on some books i'm not sure to pick.
    Agreed, I take peoples opinions here over any CBR or IGN review.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    If anything, I tend to read people's discussion of the reviews rather than the reviews themselves.

Extraordinary Member

These are the same reviewers that give every over-hyped Image book with no plot and half finished artwork a 10/10 every time. I kid, but I think people who tend towards reviewing comics prefer some of the Marvel stuff more, especially the new stuff, because, even despite DC being New 52-ed, Marvel requires absolutely no knowledge of the Marvel Universe at all to enjoy, in fact it is almost a prerequisite that you think 'continuity' is a dirty word, so Marvel stuff is perfect for letting people who would rather be writing than reviewing because most Marvel stuff comes with 'fill in your own story while you look at the pictures' material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    it also helps that marvel has a currently booming cinematic following which translates into bonus sales for their comic industry. Should be interesting if DC sees the same sort of bump in sales from their cinematic universe once it gets off the ground.
    Eh. Superman sales didn't skyrocket after Man of Steel hit, so you shouldn't expect the following movies to help, either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Agreed, I take peoples opinions here over any CBR or IGN review.
    While not referring to any other sites, I found that between these two that IGN often has a lot of positive reviews for DC. I actually got in to DC because the Marvel books I was reading at the time were dragging me down and noticed that DC books were often getting just as good of reviews. Not that I know if they were accurate or not, but I just remember them being on par with Marvel.

Well, everyone has different tastes. You can't like everything the other likes. That's something people forget when discussing reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While not referring to any other sites, I found that between these two that IGN often has a lot of positive reviews for DC.
    Really? I always see IGN give DC books 6 or 7, lower than other books.

Comicvine always gives DC perfect scores, but it's only 2 guys reviewing so take it with a grain of salt.

IGN often gives GL and GLC high scores like 8s and 9s
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52