Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

He thought he got over her before then. He in fact had not. And ARGUS is very much canon. That's not even up for debate.

And there is no rule. No matter how much you try and say its so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He thought he got over her before then. He in fact had not. And ARGUS is very much canon. That's not even up for debate.

And there is no rule. No matter how much you try and say its so.
    he will never got over her, like Brett said there is not going over WW.

WW tv show had steve trevor, flash tv show has iris, superman tv show had lois. seems like a rule to me

I don't know why, because being in and acknowledged as an important part of a mythos is not the same thing as a solid rule that they must be romantically linked always. In fact Flash goes against your point as Iris is not the main love interest, at least not right now. Seems that they didnt' get the memo about some phantom rule saying they couldnt' play with other love interests.

Steve still has his place in the mythos. His place in her origin remains. There's ever reason to think he'll become a supporting character in her book again at some point in the future. None of that equals some rule that only he gets to be involved with her romantically.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-21-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    he will never got over her, like Brett said there is not going over WW.

WW tv show had steve trevor, flash tv show has iris, superman tv show had lois. seems like a rule to me
    Until the New 52, Steve and Diana hadn't been together romantically since 1985, right? After 30 years of ignoring this supposed "rule," is it really still a rule? At what point does it cease to be a rule?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 03-22-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    Can you show me where Orion called WW by her name or WW in any issue?? !
    No. And now that I've answered your question, it's your turn: Can you show me where he called her "Legs" in any issue from 23 though 33? I don't think he called her anything but "she" or "her" in those issues. Surely you can't say she "accepted" a name or insult that was no longer being used, right? Granted, in many of those issue he was not present--but, again, how can we say she accepted the name "Legs" when he wasn't around to use it?

And do you want to say she accepts his disrespect in issue 18, where she scoffs at his pick-up line, or in issue 19, where she grabs and punches him, or in issue 21, where she yells "Don't call me 'Baby'?" (I skipped issue 20 only because he's not in it.) Again--because you didn't answer my question--where does she accept it?

I'm just saying that in general she does not accept his disrespect--not that he's some kind of great guy. Orion himself acknowledges at one point, in issue 22, that he's not a great guy and that he doesn't deserve Wonder Woman's faith. When Highfather points out that she has faith in him, he replies that it's because she doesn't know him well yet, and he says inevitably he'd let her down and he'd have to apologize for being impulsive and impetuous.

But it's a good thing she showed at least minimal faith in his potential, or he probably would have obeyed his father and kept Zeke captive. And the faith she expressed really was minimal--she just says that somewhere deep down he knows what's right. She never accepts him as a romantic partner in any way.

Anyway, it's funny that we're talking about this on the June solicits thread. I greatly doubt that "a relationship is tested" means that Superman and Wonder Woman are going to break up; and, even if they do, it doesn't seem even a little bit likely that Orion is waiting in the wings.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 03-22-2015 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Until the New 52, Steve and Diana hadn't been together romantically since 1985, right? After 30 years of ignoring this supposed "rule," is it really still a rule? At what point does it cease to be a rule?
    you can break rules, but you can't run away from them for long. Last 2 attempts to live action WW had steve trevor on it. the out of continuity wonder woman earth one and ame comi girls have romance with steve trevor too.

I don't know why, because being in and acknowledged as an important part of a mythos is not the same thing as a solid rule that they must be romantically linked always. In fact Flash goes against your point as Iris is not the main love interest, at least not right now. Seems that they didnt' get the memo about some phantom rule saying they couldnt' play with other love interests.

Steve still has his place in the mythos. His place in her origin remains. There's ever reason to think he'll become a supporting character in her book again at some point in the future. None of that equals some rule that only he gets to be involved with her romantically.
    Iris is his love interest, he can date Linda, but we know to who belongs his heart
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-22-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

you can break rules, but you can't run away from them for long. Last 2 attempts to live action WW had steve trevor on it. the out of continuity wonder woman earth one and ame comi girls have romance with steve trevor too.
    And 30 years of comics did not have him as her love interest. That's a long time. If there ever was such a "rule," the Perez reboot changed it. I'm not sure what would make this "running away." Wonder Woman belongs to DC, so DC gets to change the rules if they want. We get to decide whether we like the new rules or not.

Last 2 attempts to live action WW had steve trevor on it. the out of continuity wonder woman earth one and ame comi girls have romance with steve trevor too.
    And many projects will probably have him as her love interest in the future. But there will probably be other others that won't I don't see a real rule.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 03-22-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Actually we don't. Whose to say Linda doesn't become a massive breakout character and she supplants Iris? I'm not saying she will, but I make the example because if such a thing were to happen, do you really think they wouldn't stick with it because of some non-existent rule? No, they wouldn't. They'd go with what was popular.

In fact, this is exactly what happened with Mary Jane Watson. She was never meant to be anything more than a roadblock for Peter and Gwen. If your fake rule actually existed, Peter and M.J. never would have happened. But it did, for a host of reasons that convalesced. Your supposed rule is entirely make-believe on your part. Things can, and often do, change. Does this mean they can't ever put Steve back with Diana? Or Lois back with Clark. Of course not. They can if they want to. But they don't have to. Their hands are not tied, and claims otherwise are just so fanboys can sleep at night by believing there's some force that will force things back the way they want them.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-22-2015 at 01:46 PM.

BANNED

Actually we don't. Whose to say Linda doesn't become a massive breakout character and she supplants Iris? I'm not saying she will, but I make the example because if such a thing were to happen, do you really think they wouldn't stick with it because of some non-existent rule? No, they wouldn't. They'd go with what was popular.

In fact, this is exactly what happened with Mary Jane Watson. She was never meant to be anything more than a roadblock for Peter and Gwen. If your fake rule actually existed, Peter and M.J. never would have happened. But it did, for a host of reasons that convalesced. Your supposed rule is entirely make-believe on your part. Things can, and often do, change. Does this mean they can't ever put Steve back with Diana? Or Lois back with Clark. Of course not. They can if they want to. But they don't have to. Their hands are not tied, and claims otherwise are just so fanboys can sleep at night by believing there's some force that will force things back the way they want them.
    I really don't think linda and barry will be end game, the show pretty much already choose and people want barry and iris. Now green arrow and black canary, I never thought it was a good concept on comics and it didn't translate well to smallville and Arrow.Best shows doesn't give in what is popular, they follow their own path because they are good enough on it.

my rule doesn't apply on gwen and peter because they hadn't decades being lovers before it. You know that everything will go back to normal, it's the cycle of thing. some shack here and there, but lois will end with clark. I'm not sure about WW since IDK if Trevor is on the movie

And 30 years of comics did not have him as her love interest. That's a long time. If there ever was such a "rule," the Perez reboot changed it. I'm not sure what would make this "running away." Wonder Woman belongs to DC, so DC gets to change the rules if they want. We get to decide whether we like the new rules or not.
    he didn't changed. they had to get him 40 years old and marry him to eliminate the chances of it happen. it pretty much weakened the WW mythos. well DC screw up her many times over these 75 years, they will think about steve trevor twice.

And many projects will probably have him as her love interest in the future. But there will probably be other others that won't I don't see a real rule.
    sure not, any solo WW project has steve
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-22-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

he didn't changed. they had to get him 40 years old and marry him to eliminate the chances of it happen. it pretty much weakened the WW mythos. well DC screw up her many times over these 75 years, they will think about steve trevor twice.
    So. wait; are you amending your rule now? Is it "Diana has to end up with Steve, unless he's older and married?" Because if your rule is still just "Diana has to end up with Steve," then that rule was abandoned 30 years ago. Whether that change "weakened the WW mythos" is in the eye of the beholder. For better or worse, there are plenty of comics readers for whom Steve, as they knew him, was always an older friend of Diana's and never a love interest; so why should everyone still think of their relationship as inevitable? Personally, I'm glad Steve is young again and that he again has a romantic history with Diana, and I wouldn't mind seeing them together at some point; but my likes and dislike aren't rules.

sure not, any solo WW project has steve
    Books are "projects" too, and her solo book hasn't had Steve as a love interest for three decades.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 03-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Know what it means when rules have all these provisos attached? It means its not a rule.

Well, as for her solo movie, imo, most people who will see the movie will have no idea who Steve is. Imo, the point of needing him is non existent. The title character is what sells the movie.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Spectacular Member

No. And now that I've answered your question, it's your turn: Can you show me where he called her "Legs" in any issue from 23 though 33? I don't think he called her anything but "she" or "her" in those issues. Surely you can't say she "accepted" a name or insult that was no longer being used, right? Granted, in many of those issue he was not present--but, again, how can we say she accepted the name "Legs" when he wasn't around to use it?

And do you want to say she accepts his disrespect in issue 18, where she scoffs at his pick-up line, or in issue 19, where she grabs and punches him, or in issue 21, where she yells "Don't call me 'Baby'?" (I skipped issue 20 only because he's not in it.) Again--because you didn't answer my question--where does she accept it?

I'm just saying that in general she does not accept his disrespect--not that he's some kind of great guy. Orion himself acknowledges at one point, in issue 22, that he's not a great guy and that he doesn't deserve Wonder Woman's faith. When Highfather points out that she has faith in him, he replies that it's because she doesn't know him well yet, and he says inevitably he'd let her down and he'd have to apologize for being impulsive and impetuous.

But it's a good thing she showed at least minimal faith in his potential, or he probably would have obeyed his father and kept Zeke captive. And the faith she expressed really was minimal--she just says that somewhere deep down he knows what's right. She never accepts him as a romantic partner in any way.

Anyway, it's funny that we're talking about this on the June solicits thread. I greatly doubt that "a relationship is tested" means that Superman and Wonder Woman are going to break up; and, even if they do, it doesn't seem even a little bit likely that Orion is waiting in the wings.
    I can't show that in any issue!! I can only go by the issues I read and the things I read about the different issues online. I can't say from the issues I read that it stated that WW accepted Orion treatment of her. I wouldn't be surprised if Orion was waiting in the wings! Azz. and Dc has been dragging WW face thru the mud ever since the reboot!! Taking away what she always stood for, life, peace, a light for mankind!! Turning WW into a symbol for death and war, no longer leading mankind to the light but into the darkness! The next step is changing WW from a symbol for strong women around world to a woman that would let a guy call her by a bodypart and would accept being mistreated on some level. This would be the final step in destroying what WW was! Taking away her self respect, her self esteem by pairing her with a man that has little to no respect for her, treats and talk to her like she's a sex object. Her being a symbol for strong women around the world would die too!! SM and the JL being the last link to who she once was! Destroying WW proud history and who she has always been just to bring A-hole and the new Gods into the Dc main universe regularly.
    Last edited by chlj1; 03-22-2015 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well, as for her solo movie, imo, most people who will see the movie will have no idea who Steve is. Imo, the point of needing him is non existent. The title character is what sells the movie.
    people barely knows WW

people barely knows WW
    Not really, because I know for a fact if I as my Mexican mother if she knows who La Mujer Maravilla is. She will know, trust me.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.