Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Other way around. Disney told Marvel not to do anything with BH6.
    I keep on hearing this, but I have to say where did this idea originated from anyway ?

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Sunpyre & Ebon Samurai are the last two Big Hero 6 members available for sequels. Not X-Men, not mutants, and created exclusively by Scott Lobdell for the Big Hero 6 franchise.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Other way around. Disney told Marvel not to do anything with BH6.
    More like at the moment Disney requested that any ideas in regard to a sequel for the movie come from them. Also I don't trust the President of Marvel to be honest given the way he acted in regard to the marketing of various toys and other related merchandise causing at least two lawsuits and three or four people who created some very big lines for Disney to up and Quit on them. There's a lot of rumors going around about who controls what between the two companies right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    If thatsthe case they didnt want Marvel editors to screw with the story or change the characters. Now where is Sunfire? I hope Big heroe 6 introducesthis mutant.
    Sunfire can't be introduced due to the whole situation with Fox, even just using his name would be a big no no. As for the story, wow animated movies from concept to film take about 5 years. This includes the fact that the director of one film can be suddenly pulled into helping script another and work on the story board of yet another. If anything most studios don't get into contact with the creators at all. Especially if the people doing it have no real interest in creating what was in the story, they just liked the concept. Howls moving castle and Earth Sea are two of the bigger examples of totally messing with the story from the East, and Black swan is pretty much a messed up version of Satoshi Kon's perfect blue which was bought by the director of Black Swan because "He liked the idea of a woman going nuts like that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Owned by Fox like the rest of the X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I keep on hearing this, but I have to say where did this idea originated from anyway ?
    Yeah I don't know where it started in regard to the whole Disney/Marvel issue. From what I've read on the business side there's a lot in the top brass (Iger and Pearlman) that isn't really talked about. There are a lot of rumors in regard to Marvel running the show more given that Don Hall was told rather then asked to look into the Marvel properties for his next film. My guess was that there was some sort of thing where Disney had to at least use some aspect of Marvel to please certain people. Although Marvel is making the Disney Kingdoms comics so it's all really weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    Sunpyre & Ebon Samurai are the last two Big Hero 6 members available for sequels. Not X-Men, not mutants, and created exclusively by Scott Lobdell for the Big Hero 6 franchise.
    Sunpyre is Sunfire's cousin and I think she's a mutant too. As for Ebon, he could be used they would just have to change up the whole resurrection thing, and I don't think following a god of chaotic evil would fly well with most parents in general.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Sunpyre is Sunfire's cousin and I think she's a mutant too.
    You're thinking of another Sunpyre (the one who died). Big Hero 6 Sunpyre is from the Microverse and her powers are derived from her alien physiology. Not mutant. Not Sunfire's cousin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As for Ebon, he could be used they would just have to change up the whole resurrection thing, and I don't think following a god of chaotic evil would fly well with most parents in general.
    Well, Disney didn't really stick to the original comic book origins of the characters in the first movie, so why start now?

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    You're thinking of another Sunpyre (the one who died). Big Hero 6 Sunpyre is from the Microverse and her powers are derived from her alien physiology. Not mutant. Not Sunfire's cousin.
    That's not how copyright laws work. She's nothing but an alternate universe version of an X-Men character. That's like saying that Ultimate Captain America or Ultimate Wolverine are distinctive from the mainline versions. She still has the name and exact likeness of a heroine who was created as part of that franchise.

    Something similar goes for Ebon Samurai. He's not a mutant but he's a derivative of a property explicitly owned by Fox (to the extent that Silver Samurai is a major part of his backstory and he dresses in a black version of his costume) so it's unlikely Marvel somehow has access to him.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-13-2015 at 05:15 PM.

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's not how copyright laws work. She's nothing but an alternate universe version of an X-Men character. That's like saying that Ultimate Captain America or Ultimate Wolverine are distinctive from the mainline versions. She still has the name and exact likeness of a heroine who was created as part of that franchise.

    Something similar goes for Ebon Samurai. He's not a mutant but he's a derivative of a property explicitly owned by Fox (to the extent that Silver Samurai is a major part of his backstory and he dresses in a black version of his costume) so it's unlikely Marvel somehow has access to him.
    Thanks for your lesson in how copyright laws work. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

    It's actually more like saying that Rama-Tut (a Fantastic Four villain) is distinctive from Kang (an Avengers villain).

    Again, it's not like Disney is going to strictly adhere to the characters'established back stories and/or uniforms from the comics.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post

    Again, it's not like Disney is going to strictly adhere to the characters'established back stories and/or uniforms from the comics.
    And that'd be fine if they went so far as to give her a completely new design and called her Solar Flare or Sky Flame or something then.

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    And that'd be fine if they went so far as to give her a completely new design.
    Which Marvel already did in the characters' most recent appearances . . .

    http://jhazmine.deviantart.com/art/S...urai-104293859


  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    But is she still called Sunpyre?

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's not how copyright laws work. She's nothing but an alternate universe version of an X-Men character. That's like saying that Ultimate Captain America or Ultimate Wolverine are distinctive from the mainline versions. She still has the name and exact likeness of a heroine who was created as part of that franchise.

    Something similar goes for Ebon Samurai. He's not a mutant but he's a derivative of a property explicitly owned by Fox (to the extent that Silver Samurai is a major part of his backstory and he dresses in a black version of his costume) so it's unlikely Marvel somehow has access to him.
    There's literally nothing in Sunpyre's backstory that is derivative of Sunfire, though, aside from her name. She's from the Microverse. Her powers aren't mutant. The only thing derivative is her costume, and that's easily changed.

    This is also not keeping in mind the very loose rules about who owns what. There isn't a master list, and anything that isn't core X-Men or Avengers can be finagled- this was mentioned when the Twins were announced for AoU.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    There's literally nothing in Sunpyre's backstory that is derivative of Sunfire, though, aside from her name.
    She's an alternate universe version of of Sunpyre, who was already an X-Men character, and has the same name and costume.

  12. #27
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I keep on hearing this, but I have to say where did this idea originated from anyway ?
    Alonso said it, IIRC, maybe during one of the AiC or in an interview her on CBR.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Alonso said it, IIRC, maybe during one of the AiC or in an interview her on CBR.
    That's because he's E-I-C and has to obey certain Disney orders. I mean it's not like he has any Disney/Marvel Crossovers in his head that he wants Marvel to do now that they're owned by Disney.

  14. #29
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    That's because he's E-I-C and has to obey certain Disney orders. I mean it's not like he has any Disney/Marvel Crossovers in his head that he wants Marvel to do now that they're owned by Disney.
    If you know that, then why are asking where the info about the Disney edict came from??? Or why are you always complaining about Marvel not doing anything about BigHero6 comics / promo? It's out of their hands. It's Disney's decision.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  15. #30
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She's an alternate universe version of of Sunpyre, who was already an X-Men character, and has the same name and costume.
    She's not an alt Sunfire, though. She's some chick from the Microverse who has a reminiscent name and powers. The costume is an nod, though. She's a counterpart created because they couldn't use Sunfire- she has an original backstory, though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •