Super Moderator

Default Rogues Rule in Latest Photos from "The Flash"

Captain Cold, Heat Wave and Lisa Snart take center stage in newly released images from upcoming "Flash" episode "Rogue Time."

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

I think they've done a pretty good job of setting up some long-term rogues for Flash. Pied Piper surprised me as being a credible threat and I enjoyed the antagonism and interplay between him and Cisco. Wentworth Miller plays Captain Cold as ruthless, but not bloodthirsty, and dangerously skilled without being super-powered. He exudes a sense of hazard that anything could happen when he is in a scene. I'm loving this show!
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

BANNED

These titles always leave me disappointed.

SPOILER THEORIZING BELOW

I'm guessing from the images that Lisa Snart is more gold-based than cold-based in this series. It looks like she might be wielding a version of Goldface's gun from early GL stories.

It's a little smarter than having her have derivative cold powers and jewel-based gimmick weapons from her early days in comics. Also a nice balance to Cold, Heatwave and Golden Glider all having signature gun weapons. A little easier than having her as a disembodied spirit, like in the comics. I'm keep wondering if they'll go the route of another accelerator accident that will combine Cold, Heatwave and Golden Glider with their weapons, as well as give Cisco and Caitlin their powers, so they're as powerful as Weather Wizard. It'd be an interesting way to up the ante in S2 or S3.

I wonder if Lisa's love interest will be Heatwave. IIRC she had a relationship with the Top that Cold didn't really like. With Cold and Heatwave's rivalry, it'd be interesting to see her navigate family ties vs romantic ties between Cold and Heatwave respectively.