Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What do you think about the new Superman and Wonder Woman costumes?

What do you think about the new Superman and Wonder Woman costumes?

As its post-"Convergence" solicitations for June roll out, DC Comics has unveiled new looks for two of its most iconic characters, Superman and Wonder Woman. What do you think of their new looks?

Vote on the poll here.

Mixed feelings but I would think a poll about Batman's robot suit with bunny ears (or whatever it is) would be more polarizing.

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman's actually looks like a costume, at least. Can't imagine too many people are pining away for the days of Smallville where superheroes weren't allowed to look the part. And why on Earth would Superman need to wrap cloth around his knuckles?! Just dumb.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

All-New Member

Just lose the wrist blades and WW is set. Superman... trying too hard to be edgy and ripping off the Conner Kent look.

Wonder Woman, not bad. If the blades are retractable I'm fine with those. But I'm not a big fan of the shoulder pads. That's my only gripe there though, otherwise its an interesting new take I have no trouble rolling with.

Hate everything about Superman's look except the Fleischer inspired S.

BANNED

"Wonder Woman" looks terrible.

Superman looks like Superboy. I can see they will probably go with the frat boy Superman of the NU52. So it works.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-12-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: language, please :)

Spectacular Member

What about all the other redesigns? The Flash, Green Arrow, Batman, Teen Titans, Green Lantern all have new costumes.

Ugh!

I love how they put so much marketing into new looks, yet continue to use the classic designs on 90% of their licensed products. Maybe they should take the hint from the higher percentage of consumers who buy the merchandise (compared to buyers of the comcs) and leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    "Wonder Woman" looks terrible.

Superman looks like Superboy. I can see they will probably go with the frat boy Superman of the NU52. So it works.
    You make it obvious you haven't bothered to read any New 52 Superman based on your incorrect assertions about him.

Fantastic Member

Too bad there isn't an option for indifferent, because that's pretty much how I feel about it.

As others have said, Superman's look, while annoyingly unoriginal, is in all likelihood temporary, and aside from the unnecessary retractable wristblades, Wonder Woman's new look is all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    I can see they will probably go with the frat boy Superman of the NU52 instead of an actual man. So it works.
    The character you're describing doesn't exist in the pages of any of the Superman comics I've read in the Nu52.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

I support masculinity.

Superman is supposed to look powerful, clean cut, and masculine. In any incarnation. Its not perfect, but more interesting than whats been recently. New52 hasnt really sat well with me, the change isnt a big deal to me.

Superman hasnt looked like a man for 4 years (Besides drawn by Dan Jurgens and a couple others). You cant say he doesnt look like hes ready to beat ass on the cover where hes staring The Bat-armor guy down.

Plus its has a Fleischer S, the best part.

As for Wonder Woman, its pretty good overall but the blades are a bit much.

Just give Superman a cape and shaggy hair and we good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Just give Superman a cape and shaggy hair and we good.
    and maybe a beard... I've been loving the bearded look. We need more superheroes with beards.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    and maybe a beard... I've been loving the bearded look. We need more superheroes with beards.
    He lost it in the most weird way possible.