Super Moderator

Default "Black Hammer," "Plants Vs. Zombies" Debut in Dark Horse Comics' June 2015 Solicitations

Jeff Lemire & Dean Ormston bring their new superhero take to Dark Horse while the popular mobile game infects comic shops this June.

Full article here.

Age of Reptiles: Ancient Egyptians #1 (of 4)

Conan the Avenger#15
    Maybe Age of Reptiles, ERB AT THE EARTH'S CORE HC.

BANNED

i was waiting for Black Hammer.

Black Hammer, finally! And for $2.99!
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Age of Reptiles, Usagi Yojimbo, BPRD, Frankenstein Underground, and Dark Horse Presents finally answers an oddly specific question about Abe Sapien from a Hellboy story published 20 years ago!

Thinking of getting into Groo. Probably trade-wait on it, though. I'm trying to limit collecting any more floppies.

1. The team on Angel & Faith looks boring. I'm tired of stories about Illyria/Fred.

2. Buffy and Angel crossover event!? I hope the two books tie into eachother, and it's not just a team-up thing going on. Either way, looks like good ****. The book keeps getting better and better.

3. No X.

4. Well, the Cap Midnight solicits don't say "final issue." Whatever that means.

5. Not sure about Black Hammer, but it's nice seeing Jeff Lemire just around to every publisher, since leaving DC. The guy is a star.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

This is disappointing, I got into Dark Horse because of PBS but now that it's ending all I'll be reading is Capt Midnight. The Mulan Revelations looks interesting and Lemire is always worth a try.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I'm definitely looking forward to Age of Reptiles. I remember when DH first published Delgado's work years ago; and it rekindled the dinosaur geek that I was during my childhood. Mulan and Midnight Society both look interesting too.

Hmmm. I have an 8-year-old son who will probably flip over Plants vs. Zombies.

Incredible Member

Black Hammer for $2.99...that's a no brainer!

Also:
    Pastaways
    Rebels
    Ei8ht
    Archie vs Predator
    Mind MGMT

It's becoming veeery likely for me to try out Harrow County. Preview looked good, 2 great covers so far... Sidenote but I love it when interior artists also draw the covers to issues. Think I'll drop something to add this series.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Conan The Avenger #15
    Harrow County #2
    Rebels #3

Still realllllly disappointed that Resurrectionists is now part of their digital first initiative. Amazon.com has a release date of September 22 for the first TPB the first 6 issues. Really hoping Rebels and Harrow County don't have bad enough sales that they too get banished to digital first. I'm happy to see Dark Horse remaining committed to seeing the ends of these stories come. I want to see Resurrectionists full story and it looks like I'll get to read it all in TPB versions.

Brian Wood did well enough with The Massive that he got to see all 30 issues printed. Hoping his Rebels book is just as good and gets to see all his planned issues (how ever many they may be) be printed. Harrow County, I just don't know have a feel for how well this book will do. I love Cullen Bunn and wish him the best on this. I guess it really depends on how good the first issue is to suck people like myself in.