View Poll Results: DCCU

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1- Level 1 : Brutality ! (Still no killing)

5 29.41%
  • 2- Level 2

1 5.88%
  • 3- Level 3

1 5.88%
  • 4- Level 4

2 11.76%
  • 5- Level 5 : Prefect mix between brutal and soft

4 23.53%
  • 6- Level 6

2 11.76%
  • 7- Level 7

1 5.88%
  • 8- Level 8

1 5.88%
  • 9- Level 9

0 0%
  • 10- Level 10 : Soft ...

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't get why people are not behind this
    Batman constantly says he'll do anything under the sun but one thing which is kil
    Going by that philosophy he'd be ridiculously brutal to criminals just so they wouldn't think he was going soft on them and be able to fear him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I don't get why people are not behind this
    I'm not againts it, but i understand why we're not going to see it in movies.

I would like it if Batman kept his strict no kill rule but was occasionally forced to break it at times he had no choice. As long as Batman was as non violent as possible as a rule I am sure Gordon could forgive him a forced kill if it was a one off in a dire situation.

Ooh thats it. Batman finally come to a point where he has to kill the Joker, and as a result hangs it up. Giving rise to Robo Bunny Batman.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-13-2015 at 07:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Can't be that bad. He's only gonna be in PG-13 movies. There won't be any explicit violence or visible broken limbs, but probably a cracking sound at some point when he twists an arm or something. Nothing will exceed Dark Knight levels of brutality.
    Yeah, really. Probably won't even be any blood.

Ultimate Member

Batman was "too soft," the the Nolan Trilogy? That's news to me:

-He pulls his "dangle a guy off the side of a building" trick on Det. Flass in Begins.
    -He doses Scarecrow with his own fear toxin, and just leaves him there (mind-shattered and all).
    -He throws Maroni off of a building, breaking both of his legs.
    -He beats the crap out of the Joker.
    -He messes up Bane's mask and "interrogates him" while he's in agony on the floor.
    -Etc.

He wasn't "soft," he just wasn't a violent sociopath. Breaking bones and hardcore torture sounds more like something that the Punisher would do. And as you can see by my name, I love the Punisher as a character, but Batman is NOT the Punisher. I've always seen Batman as a guy who WANTS people to think that he's closer to "going over the edge" than he really is. He's more "in control" than he appears, it's just a tactic of intimidation.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 03-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman wouldn't break a person's limbs like that unless it was in a fair fight. He's not some nutcase Punisher type. He's a detective, he outsmarts his opponents. He's a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Batman is going to stay soft because the movies are PG-13 and Batman has to be marketable for children as well, so no bone breaking over kills or torturing.
    Yeah, well, he's a character created to appeal to children so there you go.

To me, an overly-brutal Batman is a Batman that isn't really in control of the situation. Now, storywise, it works when he's facing someone like the Joker, and he needs answers before a bomb goes off somewhere, but then he's just playing into what the Joker wants, and, in the case of TDK, he still wasn't able to "save the day".

Basically, brutal Batman isn't an effective Batman. I don't mind that he's pushed to that, from time to time, but I'd rather he be smarter than that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He will probably start out kind of brutal, at least as much as a PG-13 rating will allow. They are drawing from TDKR after all.

But I expect his character arc to go in the other direction. He will probably soften as the films go on after he interacts with the other heroes, which would be a cool storyline for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    That actually sounds awesome....But Batman is not Brutal. Unless in distress, like when Todd died.
    It could have been awesome had it been done correctly. That story featured so many stupid sub plots and random characters that had no reason for being there. It was a mess.

The options in level form or whatever makes no sense. Like I know what is meant by any of those except for the super brutal bad one (level 1).
    It's a pg 13 not R rated movie. He's not the Punisher. Torture doesn't make him rough, just psychotic.

I always wondered what Batman would think of something like torture
    I mean obviously he's not in favor of killing people but he seems like he's not against roughing people up in the process of getting what he wants. Plenty of mentions in the arkham games about Batman breaking bones and the way he interrogates people definitely is a form of torture in those games.

Ultimate Member

Well it also depends on what your personal definition of "torture" is. He's definitely not against roughing people up, sometimes to the point of fairly serious injuries (broken bones and all that). And he pulls his whole "dangling people off of buildings" trick a lot. Some might consider those to be "torture" techniques. But doing stuff like say tying someone to a chair and taking a baseball bat to their limbs, or electrocuting them, and so on. No that's not Batman. He's not Jack Bauer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I always wondered what Batman would think of something like torture
    I mean obviously he's not in favor of killing people but he seems like he's not against roughing people up in the process of getting what he wants. Plenty of mentions in the arkham games about Batman breaking bones and the way he interrogates people definitely is a form of torture in those games.
    Yeah definitely no Jack Bauer. There's a difference between shoving people into a wall & yelling questions at them and shoving a rag down someone's throat or electrocuting them. Batman is intelligent--he uses what he knows about the people he's interrogating to form an idea of what they have planned (because he can calculate that) and whether it's wrong or right he will tell it to the criminal, sort of playing to their ego a bit by telling them they screwed up or they failed when they could have succeeded. They will normally get pissed and tell him everything about their plan. It's all about being smart and coming up with the ideas yourself and then using manipulation and strategy in an interrogation. I've heard about soldiers and agents in Afghanistan doing this to interrogate children. That's why that scene in the Dark Knight is so stupid. I really think if Bruce calmed down for a second and thought about where Rachel and Dent were he could have come up with it himself and used what he knew in the Joker interrogation scene.

Brutal Bruce is the dumbest Bruce.