Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Bailey Briggs: Spider-Boy Appreciation 2023

Welcome to the Spider-Verse

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Thank you for this thread.

Can’t wait to read his book. I was really doubtful when the character was first introduced but after Edge of Spider-Verse #3, I know Slott will do wonders with the character.

Without those silly boots his costume would be x1000000 better. I'm neutral as of now. We'll see.

What worries me the most is the writer.
    Last edited by Reilly; 07-01-2023 at 05:01 AM.

The boots make it looks a lot like Impulse suit, I think (And Bailey seems to have a lot in common with the Wally West of the Rebirth era). The suit is great but I wouldn't mind something more classic and iconic, just like Miles and Peter's suits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Can’t wait to read his book. I was really doubtful when the character was first introduced but after Edge of Spider-Verse #3, I know Slott will do wonders with the character.
    Knowing Dan Slott's track record, I doubt that

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think it is interesting they used Orange and Blue for the costume.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Knowing Dan Slott's track record, I doubt that
    As long as it’s better than Amazing Spider-Man, which shouldn’t be that difficult to achieve, I’ll be happy. And I love the fact that Slott is using all the cool stuff from his Spidey run to give a solid background to Bailey.

It should be interesting to see how Briggs feats in Peter’s universe with May and Martin Lee. And his connection with Reed Richards is also intriguing.

Mighty Member

Can’t wait to read his book. I was doubtful when the character was first introduced but after Edge of Spider-Verse #3, I know Slott will do wonders with the character.
    No Problem.

I'm willing to give every character a chance and after Spider-Man #8 I still was not totally sold on him but Edge of Spider-Verse #3 won me over.

Honestly, I say this as someone who generally likes Slott's work, Edge of Spider-Verse #3 was the freshest and fun Slott's writing has felt in a while so I'm looking forward to when he has in store for this character.

The boots make it looks a lot like Impulse suit, I think (And Bailey seems to have a lot in common with the Wally West of the Rebirth era). The suit is great but I wouldn't mind something more classic and iconic, just like Miles and Peter's suits.

Overall, I like the suit but I would also like to see how it looks with a more traditional design without the sneakers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Overall, I like the suit but I would also like to see how it looks with a more traditional design without the sneakers.
    The rubber sole on the sneaker is so thick, you would think it negates the ability of his feet to stick to walls.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The rubber sole on the sneaker is so thick, you would think it negates the ability of his feet to stick to walls.
    Apparently Reed Richards gave him shoes that works around that.

Spoilers for Spider-Man #10. Bailey reveals a new power.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spid...n-10-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    YIKES!!! This kid is even younger that Miles, and he's already creeping me out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    going to assume thats an error on his mask when he was about to bite electro cause they gave him extra eyes
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    going to assume thats an error on his mask when he was about to bite electro cause they gave him extra eyes
    Geez! I didn't notice it until you said it. Now he creeps me out even more!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Or is it?

--

Also, I just noticed that Daredevil is one of the pedestrians standing at the crosswalk on the lefthand side of this page:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 07-04-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker