Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Mayday Parker appreciation 2023

let us celebrate the daughter of Peter parker and Mary Jan Watson mayday parker with her coming in the 2nd spiderverse movie as a baby hope mayday fans will be happy.

BANNED

Hope to see more Infinity Comics with Mayday highlighted.

Happy New Year to Mayday and her fans !

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

An official Mayday thread? Aw, yeah! Make. Mine. MAYDAY!

For people looking to dip their toes in (or dive straight on into) the wonderful world of Mayday Parker, I have made this list of all of the original Earth-982/MC2 versions appearances, I am debating on whether to include Alternate Reality variants of her to this list or just make a separate one altogether for the other Maydays of the Multiverse. Edit: I think this is everything thus far, here's hoping for even more Mayday as we head further into 2023!

Comprehensive May "Mayday" Parker Reading Guide:
    What If? vol.2 #105 (First Appearance)
    Spider-Girl vol.1 #0-100 (Issues #0-67, #1/2 and the 1999 Annual have been collected in the first four volumes of Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection in TPB format, here's hoping vol.5 gets announced soon!)
    Fantastic Five vol.1 #3
    J2 #7
    The Buzz #1-3 (Collected in Spider-Girl Presents: Darkdevil and The Buzz TPB)
    Last Hero Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Last Planet Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Amazing Spider-Girl #1-31 (The entire series has been collected in a five-part TPB format)
    Avengers Next #1-5 (Collected in TPB format as Avengers Next: Rebirth)
    American Dream #4-5
    Spider-Man Family #1
    Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man (Prequel Series that was printed as a back-up story in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-4, it was later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol. 1 #1-11 (This was online only but was eventually reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-8 and Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #1-4 before being collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol.2 #1-4 (This was first printed in Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #5-7 and then later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Spider-Girl: The End #1 (Also collected in Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #8-15 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Spider-Verse Team-Up #3 (Also collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Secret Wars: Spider-Island #1-5 (Collected in Warzones! Spider-Island TPB)
    Web Warriors #1-11 (Collected in two TPBs)
    Spider-Geddon #0-3 & #5 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format)
    Spider-Girls #1-3 (Collected in TPB as part of Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops and also in HC/Omnibus format)
    Ghost Spider #4 (Speaking cameo, but seeing as how its the Spider-Geddon aftermath issue I thought I would throw it in)
    Spider-Man vol. 4 #1-7? (Has appeared in the first 3 issues so far and will probably continue to do so until End of Spider-Verse is over)
    Spider-Verse Unlimited #26-29 (Online only...for now!)
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-24-2023 at 01:15 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

me wanting earth 616 mayday to be like hit-girl after being retconned to not have been killed but raised by the hand in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    me wanting earth 616 mayday to be like hit-girl after being retconned to not have been killed but raised by the hand in secret.
    Holy crap, that would be insane. Her Dark Ages look would kind of fit with that idea (although maybe adjust the eyes to fit the overall look in with the ASTV version?):

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    An official Mayday thread? Aw, yeah! Make. Mine. MAYDAY!

For people looking to dip their toes in (or dive straight on into) the wonderful world of Mayday Parker, I have made this list of all of the original Earth-982/MC2 versions appearances, I am debating on whether to include Alternate Reality variants of her to this list or just make a separate one altogether for the other Maydays of the Multiverse. Edit: I think this is everything thus far, here's hoping for even more Mayday as we head further into 2023!

Comprehensive May "Mayday" Parker Reading Guide:
    What If? vol.2 #105 (First Appearance)
    Spider-Girl vol.1 #0-100 (Issues #0-67, #1/2 and the 1999 Annual have been collected in the first four volumes of Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection in TPB format, here's hoping vol.5 gets announced soon!)
    Fantastic Five vol.1 #3
    J2 #7
    The Buzz #1-3 (Collected in Spider-Girl Presents: Darkdevil and The Buzz TPB)
    Last Hero Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Last Planet Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Amazing Spider-Girl #1-30 (The entire series has been collected in a five-part TPB format)
    Avengers Next #1-5 (Collected in TPB format as Avengers Next: Rebirth)
    American Dream #4-5
    Spider-Man Family #1
    Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man (Prequel Series that was printed as a back-up story in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-4 and Web of Spider-Man #1-7, it was later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? and The Last Stand TPBs)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol. 1 #1-11 (This was online only but was eventually reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-8 and Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #1-4 before being collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol.2 #1-4 (This was first printed in Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #5-7 and then later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Spider-Girl: The End #1 (Also collected in Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #8-15 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Spider-Verse Team-Up #3 (Also collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Secret Wars: Spider-Island #1-5 (Collected in Warzones! Spider-Island TPB)
    Web Warriors #1-11 (Collected in two TPBs)
    Spider-Geddon #0-3 & #5 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format)
    Spider-Girls #1-3 (Collected in TPB as part of Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops and also in HC/Omnibus format)
    Ghost Spider #4 (Speaking cameo, but seeing as how its the Spider-Geddon aftermath issue I thought I would throw it in)
    Spider-Man vol. 4 #1-7? (Has appeared in the first 3 issues so far and will probably continue to do so until End of Spider-Verse is over)
    Spider-Verse Unlimited #26-29 (Online only...for now!)
    oh nice one day I will give her a read one day
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh nice one day I will give her a read one day
    I just realized, there's actually 31 issues of Amazing Spider-Girl, I changed the list to reflect that.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-01-2023 at 02:01 PM.

Across The Spider-Verse's breakout character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Across The Spider-Verse's breakout character.
    So cute! My heart can't take it! Still though, it is almost surreal to think that we are actually getting a movie with Mayday in it, I had always hoped but with the way Marvel seems content to push her into the background I never thought it would happen but thankfully Sony holds the rights to the Spider-Man movie franchise allowing them to do whatever the hell they want without much oversight (this last part I am assuming but how else do you explain Mayday in ATSV and a live action Hypno Hustler movie? Marvel would have never okayed either if they had sole control over the brand, they would just keep giving us crappy Spider-Man in high school stories over and over again.)
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-01-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So cute! My heart can't take it! Still though, it is almost surreal to think that we are actually getting a movie with Mayday in it, I had always hoped but with the way Marvel seems content to push her into the background I never thought it would happen but thankfully Sony holds the rights to the Spider-Man movie franchise allowing them to do whatever the hell they want without much oversight (this last part I am assuming but how else do you explain Mayday in ATSV and a live action Hypno Hustler movie? Marvel would have never okayed either if they had sole control over the brand, they would just keep giving us crappy Spider-Man in high school stories over and over again.)
    Say what you will about Hypno-Hustler, at least that's a unique premise and character compared to the increasingly played-out "high school Spider-Man/Peter Parker" status quo, and for all the ickier parts of Spider-Man: Reign, Hypno-Hustler's role there actually wrung some pretty decent pathos out of him. That said, hoping we get a continued Mayday renaissance thanks to Across the Spider-Verse and Spider-Verse Unlimited.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-01-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I love Mayday! With the impending Spider-Verse movie, I hope we’re closer to getting a new Spider-Girl ongoing by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz. BTW, why didn’t Marvel get them to do that recent Infinity Comic?

I also hope Marvel will continue to publish The Complete Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I love Mayday! With the impending Spider-Verse movie, I hope we’re closer to getting a new Spider-Girl ongoing by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz. BTW, why didn’t Marvel get them to do that recent Infinity Comic?

I also hope Marvel will continue to publish The Complete Collection.
    I think the new writer, Stephanie Williams, mentioned she received some sort of e-mail from Editorial about writing Mayday for the Infinity Comic and she took the job. As for Frenz, he is doing an MC2 related Infinity Comic that might possibly be about Thunderstrike or A-Next judging from the art he posted on his Twitter.

BANNED

I think the new writer, Stephanie Williams, mentioned she received some sort of e-mail from Editorial about writing Mayday for the Infinity Comic and she took the job
    Editorial doing rare good work. All in the name of making sure people know of her inevitable role in Spider-Verse.

BANNED

I think the new writer, Stephanie Williams, mentioned she received some sort of e-mail from Editorial about writing Mayday for the Infinity Comic and she took the job. As for Frenz, he is doing an MC2 related Infinity Comic that might possibly be about Thunderstrike or A-Next judging from the art he posted on his Twitter.
    It’s just odd that they wouldn’t use Tom DeFalco. Probably ageism at play.

Thank you for letting me know that MC2 is returning!!! I love Mayday best but I really liked all the books in that universe too.