Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Maybe they'll end up in the WWII of the Freedom Fighters, where the Axis is having an easier time of it.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    Nope!

Destroying instead of continuing creating is always a bad idea, no matter how it's seeing.

We're not even talking about a reboot or trying to fix something it didn't work, Earth 2 was perfectly well the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I dunno... we seemed to have turned it into an interesting conversation about the possibility of a world being destroyed and the consequences.
    I'm interested in "what if..." as in "What if the world is destroyed and only the heroes are saved?" -what would that do to them? Would they feel guilt or remorse because all the 'normal folk' perished? Or would you have some that feel 'only the strong survive' and write off the entire world as being weak while they continue on Earth-Prime?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Maybe there will be some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff and the Earth 2 Heroes get transported back to Earth Prime's WWII era and become super secret soldiers in the war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    This thread has been salvaged, true. Based on what little we know, however, it's a bit early for the speculation threads. This is why we have to leap to conclusions to fill in blanks for what we don't know. All we know for certain is:

There will be a war that encompasses both Earth 1 and 2 (and maybe more?)
    Earth 2 citizens are evacuated to Earth 1
    BB is sent back in time to stop these events from happening
    There will be a Earth 2 weekly
    Both World's End and Futures End will end on the same month
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Maybe they'll end up in the WWII of the Freedom Fighters, where the Axis is having an easier time of it.
    That would be to try to replicate something that was already explored in recent past instead of trying to go into new territory.

Well, at least we know the Earth-2 goes on to #26 which has Val vs Superman, which I thought would have ended in #25.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Well, at least we know the Earth-2 goes on to #26 which has Val vs Superman, which I thought would have ended in #25.
    Yeah, I hope that means that Earth 2 will actually survive.

I myself have also been wondering on whether Earth-2 is going to end. The long winded reign of Brutaal, comments in Futures End and the announcement of Worlds End all hint at possibly that Earth being destroyed. Which is a shame since Robinson made such a nice mythos for that Earth. Plus, a lot of the E-2 characters would just have no purpose on Prime Earth. Pre-reboot Alan Scott had a place but E-2 elemental linked to his world? No, not really. If DC was going to merge E-2 with Prime Earth then I just don't see the point of Earth-2 being greenlit in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Nope!

Destroying instead of continuing creating is always a bad idea, no matter how it's seeing.

We're not even talking about a reboot or trying to fix something it didn't work, Earth 2 was perfectly well the way it was.

That would be to try to replicate something that was already explored in recent past instead of trying to go into new territory.
    No. That happened one time in the 1940s. The original JSA is as valid an idea as still having Superman and Batman in print. The JSA is NOT overdone or overexposed. They've rarely been used properly since the silver age started.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    I myself have also been wondering on whether Earth-2 is going to end. The long winded reign of Brutaal, comments in Futures End and the announcement of Worlds End all hint at possibly that Earth being destroyed. Which is a shame since Robinson made such a nice mythos for that Earth. Plus, a lot of the E-2 characters would just have no purpose on Prime Earth. Pre-reboot Alan Scott had a place but E-2 elemental linked to his world? No, not really. If DC was going to merge E-2 with Prime Earth then I just don't see the point of Earth-2 being greenlit in the first place.
    Exacto Mundo. I can understand a momentary crossover but a full blown new status quo where the Earth-2 Gang are stranded on Earth Prime is beyond lame considering they wouldn't even be the first "copy'' of characters in the World since There are already 5 GLs, several Flashes and multiple Supermen( Kryptonian or otherwise) on Earth Prime.
    Besides, as you said, Alan's powers are based on being near Earth-2( he cant even go to space for prolonged periods of time). SO if Earth-2 is destroyed goodbye Alan Scott GL.

Do you guys believe earth 2 will be canceled at the start of worlds end? And the. The jsa will be on earth 1?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Do you guys believe earth 2 will be canceled at the start of worlds end? And the. The jsa will be on earth 1?
    if world's finest wasn't cancelled, earth 2 won't be. I don't believe in earth 2 characters on prime earth

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

They could be keeping both E-2 and WF around to cross over with the weekly and be used to spotlight other happenings/characters/battles.

Regardless, Earth 2 is one of DC's only mid-range books (13~ish best selling title), so I don't see it getting the boot.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-19-2014 at 09:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    if world's finest wasn't cancelled, earth 2 won't be. I don't believe in earth 2 characters on prime earth
    The multi-generational aspect of the old DCU was a lot better than what they have now.

It's possible Earth-2 was only launched to push forward the Darkseid plot and it may have been scheduled to end from the beginning. Would also explain why they were given more liberties with recreating characters and concepts.

All-New Member

Don't worry, Earth 2 won't be destroyed; it will just be turned into the New Apokolips. Which in turn could lead to a huge story year(s) down the line where everyone works together to reclaim Earth 2 from Darkseid. Super happy fun times for all!
    Want a podcast that covers/recaps the current week of DC Comics in a light-hearted, awkward, and goofy manner? Try DCR Podcast! (Or don't! Just enjoy the hobby either way!)

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It's possible Earth-2 was only launched to push forward the Darkseid plot and it may have been scheduled to end from the beginning. Would also explain why they were given more liberties with recreating characters and concepts.
    So you're saying that they created a whole world full of distinct and wonderful characters only to destroy them?

I don't think editors are even that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanLamont View Post
    Don't worry, Earth 2 won't be destroyed; it will just be turned into the New Apokolips. Which in turn could lead to a huge story year(s) down the line where everyone works together to reclaim Earth 2 from Darkseid. Super happy fun times for all!
    YAY! More suffering!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    So you're saying that they created a whole world full of distinct and wonderful characters only to destroy them?

I don't think editors are even that stupid.
    I'm pretty sure they've done things like that before.