Incredible Member

Default Is Rachel Summers-Grey better outside of X-books?

I always felt strange that Rachel is almost always written consistently well when she is outside of X-books. For example , none of her characterization in X-men are as good as one she had during Weinberg's cable run and none of her current appearances are as good as ones she had during Kingbreaker and War of Kings. Sure she had some good moments here and there but those are very uncommon and gets pretty much squashed in few issues

You know that Cable's counts as an X-book, right ?.

And if anything, over the other side, its more likely that she gets treated more like Rogue is being treated than like Sunspot.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I like her in X-Men. The Storm vs Rachel thing was overdone but she got a lot of character development in X-Men.

Rachel's main issue is that she seems to get in some books where the writer either doesn't know much about her or didn't even want her on their cast in the first place. Hence poor writing or her jobbing because the writer doesn't really get her character nor care for her.

It's like an obligation to include Storm, Beast, Rachel, and the such if your book deals with the JGS even if the writer doesn't want any to even appear.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 03-13-2015 at 01:49 PM.

They should make her powerful as all f*ck

But instead she's someone you just forget about.

Se's one of those OP characters that has to be gimped so the other characters will have something to do. Power her down so she can be of some use...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She was, already needed when she lost phoenix.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I like her in X-Men. The Storm vs Rachel thing was overdone but she got a lot of character development in X-Men.

Rachel's main issue is that she seems to get in some books where the writer either doesn't know much about her or didn't even want her on their cast in the first place. Hence poor writing or her jobbing because the writer doesn't really get her character nor care for her.

It's like an obligation to include Storm, Beast, Rachel, and the such if your book deals with the JGS even if the writer doesn't want any to even appear.
    That may be true, but it doesn't seem to stick inside the main X-Titles. I would count Amazing as the main X-Title with Uncanny. Notice when Rachel returned to X-Men before she lost all that maturation she went through in Excalibur and Cable. She acted green and was getting jobbed all over. Because I think that partially had to do with them pushing Emma at the time too as HBIC telepath. In my opinion, its happening again. I wonder if it has to do with Jeans upcoming series. This happens with characters a lot, I noticed and Im getting tired of it. Heck, I remember I heard NC and Beast couldn't even be on the same team because they were both acrobatic, fuzzy and blue. I think its who they want to push at the time and sadly Rachel just draws the short straw a lot like some other characters. That's just my theory.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-14-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Se's one of those OP characters that has to be gimped so the other characters will have something to do. Power her down so she can be of some use...
    She is already powered down a lot . I think current version i her weakest incarnation to date(not counting temporary depowered times though I think depowered Rachel from Excalibur would beat current Rachel)