Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Bilbo Baggins Vs Tyrion Lannister.

Fight to death who wins?

Bilbo beat beasties straight-up, didn't he? Tyrion has a couple of surprise wins, but nothing straight-up that I can recall.

Incredible Member

tyrion focuses his attacks on bilbo's weak point: his self esteem. .

Standard equipment means Bilbo gets sting, his mithril mail, and the one ring(which granted was basically just a ring of invisibility at that point).

There really isn't anything you can spot Tyrion at all to nullify the ring advantage.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

As far as I can recall, Tyrion is a gutsy fellow for sure who at least has been shown to kill a man or leads the charge though he does well in a surprise attack when people won't expect him.

While Bilbo...Well, when it comes to his ring, he will straight-up murder you without hesitation if you take it from him.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he uses the ring to shank Tyrion in the back. I'll give this to Bilbo.

Note: Just using their live action versions since I haven't read the books in ages.

Nothing changes in the book version, Tyrion's a surprisingly competent fighter all things considered, but against someone with invisibility he really has no counter.

Tyrion would summon Bron. Bron would slice Bilbo's head clean off... maybe.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lavalampchamp View Post
    Tyrion would summon Bron. Bron would slice Bilbo's head clean off... maybe.
    Bronn can see magical invisible hobbits? Maybe he should have been a jester instead of a mercenary; poor boy's tetched in the head.

Seriously though, I think Bilbo takes it even without the ring. Hobbits are nimble and quick for their size, and dwarves...well, aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Yeah, it's a fight between a species that was actually designed to be that small, versus a human with a disability that causes them to be built in an unhealthy way. Hence dwarves having shorter than average lifespans and hobbits living longer than humans altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Bronn can see magical invisible hobbits? Maybe he should have been a jester instead of a mercenary; poor boy's tetched in the head.

Seriously though, I think Bilbo takes it even without the ring. Hobbits are nimble and quick for their size, and dwarves...well, aren't.
    I was totally joking. And I agree. Invisibility/hobbit agility wins 9/10 times. Unless Bron can see invisible hobbits.. Then we're all screwed.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lavalampchamp View Post
    I was totally joking. And I agree. Invisibility/hobbit agility wins 9/10 times. Unless Bron can see invisible hobbits.. Then we're all screwed.
    Besides, if they got to name champions, Bilbo would probably pick Gandalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Besides, if they got to name champions, Bilbo would probably pick Gandalf.
    Who would be busy and just send an insecure fellow wearing dark leathers. Granted, Aragorn should do just fine against Bron.

Movie Bilbo kills TV Tyrion, because movie Bilbo flew into a berserk rage and killed that super-orc thingie in the first movie. TV Tyrion managed to kill some regular dudes on the battlefield.

Book Tyrion kills book Bilbo, because book Tyrion killed some soldiers on the battlefield, but book Bilbo only killed some big spiders in Mirkwood.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Movie Bilbo kills TV Tyrion, because movie Bilbo flew into a berserk rage and killed that super-orc thingie in the first movie. TV Tyrion managed to kill some regular dudes on the battlefield.

Book Tyrion kills book Bilbo, because book Tyrion killed some soldiers on the battlefield, but book Bilbo only killed some big spiders in Mirkwood.
    He did? ....Guess I forgot about that since while Bilbo is indeed crafty, I kind of saw the first film as mostly the Dwarves and Gandalf's thing when it comes to a fight. But yeah, second film shows that Bilbo in a berserk rage...probably is someone to best steer clear of if you're not much of a combatant.

Putting my money on Bilbo 9.5/10. By the time The Hobbit ends, Bilbo has a pretty decent handle on combat, and a hobbit is naturally more agile than a real life dwarf. I'm not even spotting Bilbo the One Ring, since that is a blatant win.
    Life is but a dream