Mighty Member

Default Secret Wars speculation

I think after secret wars Miles morales will become the new spider man and Peter Parker will become a semi retired mentorm

BANNED

Well, at least it's not as extreme as condemning an entire universe to die just so Miles can be cut off from his homeworld.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I theorise that there's going to be more than one Peter after Secret Wars - young adult single Peter from 616 and the older married RYV Peter at least, but we might have the younger Ultimate Peter back via Ultimate End (Bendis said he was appearing there) and others as well. I could imagine a book where the older Peter is helping to train Miles in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I think after secret wars Miles morales will become the new spider man and Peter Parker will become a semi retired mentorm
    Honestly I just don't see them retiring Peter as Spider-Man. Even if Miles and him exist in the same universe, it wouldn't stop them both from holding the role as Marvel has shown with numerous heroes. Heck we currently have both Peter and Miguel co-existing in 616 both as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly I just don't see them retiring Peter as Spider-Man. Even if Miles and him exist in the same universe, it wouldn't stop them both from holding the role as Marvel has shown with numerous heroes. Heck we currently have both Peter and Miguel co-existing in 616 both as Spider-Man.
    They could call Miles "Arachnid"
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    I don't think they'd want to lose what makes Miles special as being Spider-Man. Besides, we have 2 people sharing the name Hawkeye, no real reason to change Miles' name.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I agree, other than the retirement bit. I see Peter perhaps playing the role of mentor.

However my greatest fear is Peter gets reverted to a teen himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    Heck call him Spider-Boy, I think it might work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Heck call him Spider-Boy, I think it might work.
    I say let Miles stay in his own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I say let Miles stay in his own universe.
    Miles doesn't have his own universe anymore. There are no more other universes. There is only Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Miles doesn't have his own universe anymore. There are no more other universes. There is only Battleworld.
    Exactly, so unless it is restored at the end of Secret Wars sending Miles home isn't an option.

007 girl.

I speculate that my variant covers will cost me $.

Already got the Campbell cover on pre-order
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That will be temporary, do we really think Marvel won't have alternate universes anymore? come on now.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    That will be temporary, do we really think Marvel won't have alternate universes anymore? come on now.
    If you have all your alternate universe stuff on your doorstep with minimum fuss, it's actually quite ideal. If anything it means the characters from those other realities now living on Battleworld will show up a lot more than they would in their own patches or in the occasional crossover.

That saying, Secret Wars might be less about retaining Battleworld and elect to be simplifying but retaining the multiverse akin to DC having 52 universes, but instead of focusing almost all their attentions on the main Earth to having a range of ongoing titles across several.