View Poll Results: Your Current Favourite Marvel Artist?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Aja - (Hawkeye)

5 7.69%
  • Olivier Coipel - (Spider-Verse)

6 9.23%
  • Russell Dauterman (Thor)

4 6.15%
  • Steve McNiven - (The Death Of Wolverine)

4 6.15%
  • Joe Madureira - (Inhuman)

1 1.54%
  • Stuart Immonen - (All New Captain America)

15 23.08%
  • Esad Ribic - (Thor: God Of Thunder)

9 13.85%
  • Jerome Opeña - (Avengers)

0 0%
  • Jim Cheung - (Axis)

3 4.62%
  • Ryan Stegman - (Inhuman)

2 3.08%
  • Humberto Ramos - (Amazing Spiderman)

1 1.54%
  • Valerio Schiti - (Guardians Of The Galaxy)

3 4.62%
  • Dustin Weaver - (Edge of Spider-Verse)

0 0%
  • Stefano Caselli - (Avengers World)

3 4.62%
  • Other - (Please List)

9 13.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marvels Top Artist, "Poll"

Just wanted to get a gauge on who the CBR community think marvels top artists are, I put a list of artists together that I personally think are at the top of their game at the moment. Unfortunately I can't fit in more than the allowed amount, so I will give you an "other" option so you can add in your own if they are not listed.

Also feel free to discuss the work and post art

A few special mentions not listed on the poll:

Mike Deodato Jr - (Origonal Sin)
    Clay Mann - (X-Men)
    Chris Bachlo - (Uncanny X-Men)
    Phil Jimenez - (Angela)
    Mark Bagley - (Hulk)
    Marco Checchetto - (Avengers World)
    Kris Anka - (Uncanny X-Men)
    Kev Walker - (New Avengers)
    Sara Pichelli - (Guardians Of The Galaxy)
    Giuseppe Camuncoli - (Amazing Spiderman)
    Ed McGuinness - (Black Vortex)
    Paco Medina - (Nova)

Thanks Ahead.
    Last edited by Jameszahra; 03-22-2015 at 07:44 PM.

There are so many: Jamie Mckelvie, Clay Mann, Kris Anka, Olivier Coipel, Mike Deodato, Kev Walker, Chris Bachlo, Phil Jimenez; I love them all. I'd say CLAY MANN purely because he's entertained me with his stunning art across the most titles.

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-22-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    There are so many: Jamie Mckelvie, Clay Mann, Kris Anka, Olivier Coipel, Mike Deodato, Kev Walker, Chris Bachlo, Phil Jimenez; I love them all. I'd say CLAY MANN purely because he's entertained me with his stunning art across the most titles.

way to many to put on the poll, Ive listed a few more in the first post

I voted for Valerio Schiti. I'm just feeling his stuff right now. I love his expression-work. Dozens of great artists working for Marvel though.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Voted for Ribic but it was a tough one. His work on God of Thunder, and his issue of Avengers, was outstanding. Really looking forward to seeing his work on Secret Wars.

So many good artists working at Marvel at the minute though. I love Schiti, I don't think his work on GotG (where he is wasted) is as good as his work on JiM and NA but he's exceptionally good. What's he doing during Secret Wars?

Del Mundo has been great on Elektra, Walker on Arena and NA, Robbi Rodriguez has been great on Spider-Gwen, Noto on Black Widow....

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Voted for Ribic but it was a tough one. His work on God of Thunder, and his issue of Avengers, was outstanding. Really looking forward to seeing his work on Secret Wars.

So many good artists working at Marvel at the minute though. I love Schiti, I don't think his work on GotG (where he is wasted) is as good as his work on JiM and NA but he's exceptionally good. What's he doing during Secret Wars?

Del Mundo has been great on Elektra, Walker on Arena and NA, Robbi Rodriguez has been great on Spider-Gwen, Noto on Black Widow....
    He hasn't been announced on anything yet. Hopefully that means he's getting something good that hasn't been announced yet. I'd love him on a Black Panther title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

You that the above image is from Coipel not Mann????

Yeah, that image is Coipel, not Mann. Mann did design all the costumes, IMO.

I ended up going with Coipel, mainly because I like Spider-Man's character and costume way more than American Falcon's character and costume. If Coipel had been drawing All-New Captain America and Stuart had been drawing Spider-Verse, I'd have gone with Immonen. Faster artist with one of the best styles around.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

I seem to get pretty excited when Ryan Stegman shows up. And I like John Tyler Christopher's cover art. But, a lot of those artist's I welcome.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Tough choices since I could have voted for about 5 of those at least. I went with Immonen because he can do great work and do it monthly. Many of the others are a bit too slow to stay on a monthly without having another artist fill in for an arc.

My favourites on the list are Stefano Caselli and Russell Dauterman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Somehow Adrian Alphona isn't mentioned in either your poll options or your follow-up list (I still voted Immonen though).

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I've also enjoyed Felipe Andrade's work on Rocket Raccoon (and Captain Marvel before it) recently. Guy seems to split opinion like it's nobodies business but I find his work whimsical and charming.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    He hasn't been announced on anything yet. Hopefully that means he's getting something good that hasn't been announced yet. I'd love him on a Black Panther title.
    My fear is that he'll work straight up to Secret Wars on GotG and then take a break/wont have the lead in time to work on anything. He seemed to emerge as one of Marvels top guys in 2014 so I was hoping he would get Renew Your Vows or Civil War but it hasn't happened, not that I have a problem with Kubert or Yu!

I went with coipel...cant beat that art imo. Spider verse was perfect

Niffleheim

Olivier Coipel
    Joe Madureira
    Ryan Stegman
    Esad Ribic

I simply cannot choose. I wish it was multi-choice

EDIT: I will go for Other/Either Michael Allred (Silver Surfer) or David Marquez (Ultimate Spider-Man)
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-23-2015 at 06:01 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough