Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Did not see anything there about it not being public.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    That's pretty much the norm for Kelly Sue. I use to follow her on Twitter because she has good work too but she literally goes on rants, that will fill up your Twitter feed, about mostly semily hateful post. Turned me off from her.

Gail is a lot more entertaining when she does and actually goes on both sides of the discussion every now and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Pretty much why I stopped reading tweets from comic book creators, sure it is somewhat entertaining in a weird way, but the nastiness sticks with me when reading their stuff.
    Really disappointing to say the least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Did not see anything there about it not being public.
    Pretty much the basic functions of Twitter in the link on why people post. The rest is for you to decide.

This is why I do not twitter.
    I just do not give enough of a shit about what other people think.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    More articles are popping up. Gosh I <3 Kieron Gillen.

http://www.themarysue.com/vocal-mino...ical-costumes/
    Chip just being Chip. Hah.

God, I do love Wacker. He defends his creative crew tooth and nail.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    That's pretty much the norm for Kelly Sue. I use to follow her on Twitter because she has good work too but she literally goes on rants, that will fill up your Twitter feed, about mostly semily hateful post. Turned me off from her.

Gail is a lot more entertaining when she does and actually goes on both sides of the discussion every now and again.
    Phillip Hester is very nice to twitter folks. Warren Ellis is well..Warren. I seem to miss any twitter spats.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

BANNED

Spider-Woman went from one terrible costume to another terrible costume

I dont know, but there is something that sound off in this Gail Simone's tweet "I can never understand why it's so difficult just to say, "this isn't to my taste, but I am glad others like it"".

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Spider-Woman went from one terrible costume to another terrible costume
    Out of the frying pan............................................... ..................................
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 03-16-2015 at 06:05 PM.

BANNED

When it comes to costumes, it's perfectly fine that they sacrifice some practicality for aesthetics, it wouldn't seem right to have all superheroines running around in combat fatigues after all. The key though is to create designs that can exude sex appeal while allowing the characters to maintain their class and dignity. The problem with most of the 90s designs is that they tried so hard to be sexy that they ended up mostly looking trashy and vulgar, which is bad no matter what your perspective is. The main criteria for good designs is really to keep them as simple as possible, and not include too many layers or extraneous bits like belts and pouches that will never be drawn consistently, while at the same time doing just enough to keep each character distinctive. For example, I would advise against putting heavy armor on too many characters, it just kind of looks ridiculous and unnecessary, especially with a helmet covering up their facial expressions.

I actually just saw all of the comments Larsen made. When I saw this thread, I thought it was purely about him criticizing the Ms. Marvel costume, which would be his opinion and which is fine.

But then I saw the whole discussion, and yeah....his stance is pretty stupid. I didn't realize that's how this all started.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I actually just saw all of the comments Larsen made. When I saw this thread, I thought it was purely about him criticizing the Ms. Marvel costume, which would be his opinion and which is fine.

But then I saw the whole discussion, and yeah....his stance is pretty stupid. I didn't realize that's how this all started.
    Maybe it would make more sense if you knew he has a long history of criticizing the, I am not sure what to call it, but I guess the trend of comics trying to imitate film, especially with costumes. He feels there are unique things that comics can do that they should be taking advantage of instead of trying to mimic film. His complaints about 'practical costumes' goes back a long way and this was just the latest batch of costume changes seemingly done to make them more real looking.

Then again, maybe you think classic style comic book superhero costumes are silly but even then it would not make his stance stupid, just 'outdated'.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

The issue in regard to Larsen though is that he doesn't seem to say things about the guys costumes when they go practical. I didn't see anything about the redesign for Superman by him, or did that get swallowed up?

BANNED

Miss Marvel's dress-costume is for people who don't like to be reminded that they're actually reading superheroes.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Miss Marvel's dress-costume is for people who don't like to be reminded that they're actually reading superheroes.
    I wouldn't say that at all. Bucky's new look isn't "Superheroish" nor is Clint's new look. Yet both are regarded as costumes. How is Kamala's costume any different then theirs? Almost all readers of Ms. Marvel like superheroes, that's why their reading them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. Bucky's new look isn't "Superheroish" nor is Clint's new look. Yet both are regarded as costumes. How is Kamala's costume any different then theirs? Almost all readers of Ms. Marvel like superheroes, that's why their reading them.
    Kamala's costumed is just as pared down as theirs, just less dark colors used. I still stand by what I've said previously, but I don't believe that because a person purchases a book about "superheroes" is actually the biggest fan of them. Writers are one of the biggest draws to these comics and has been for a while now (unfortunately, IMO) and that can bring with it folks who don't generally read superheroes. And also with that comes various views that can draw away from what might be an otherwise innocent comic.