Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Has Erik Larsen even been relevant to the comic scene recently?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    No, but I am glad he is still among the living. Hopefully Frank Miller will be too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion as I stated in my first post in this thread, but the lack of commentary on where the she got the clothes from. Additionally him trash talking the garb without realising what it is speaks of gross ignorance. And when you compare his work to this it speaks of a gross lack of insight.
    He is entitled to his opinion but his opinion isn't free from criticism.
    I'm not defending the guy but.....he stated it on twitter. It's not exactly the perfect place to give full insight on any one opinion when you only get 140 characters to say something. The fact that some are choosing to judge him on a few 140 character post speaks a lot about those individuals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm not defending the guy but.....he stated on twitter. It's not exactly the perfect place to give full insight on any one opinion when you only get 140 characters to say something. The fact that some are choosing to judge him on a few post 140 character post speaks a lot about those individuals as well.
    You actually are defending the guy and I'm not trying to slaughter him here either. But to be blunt about it he was actually asked to elaborate on why and he gave a 4 word description, where two words were just subjective and the last 2 words were the exact opposite of what the costume is had he known it. You're not just limited to 140 characters, not if we wants to make more then one post about it. Again I don't even think his tweets deserve a thread but trying to defend that poorly thought out description is not right.

BANNED

You actually are defending the guy and I'm not trying to slaughter him here either. But to be blunt about it he was actually asked to elaborate on why and he gave a 4 word description, where two words were just subjective and the last 2 words were the exact opposite of what the costume is had he known it. You're not just limited to 140 characters, not if we wants to make more then one post about it. Again I don't even think his tweets deserve a thread but trying to defend that poorly thought out description is not right.
    Again, I'm not defending him. It's his opinion so there really is nothing to defend. But at the same time on twitter you really aren't expected to go on long post. The idea is to get your point across in 140 characters.

You don't like what he said that's fine. But you also have to realize that analyzing every word in post such as that seems juvenile and in poor taste. The guy doesn't like the costume big deal. It's not like he said anything insulting about the character itself.

Again, I'm not defending him. It's his opinion so there really is nothing to defend. But at the same time on twitter you really aren't expected to go on long post. The idea is to get your point across in 140 characters.

You don't like what he said that's fine. But you also have to realize that analyzing every word in post such as that seems juvenile and in poor taste. The guy doesn't like the costume big deal. It's not like he said anything insulting about the character itself.
    He used only a fraction of his characters to explain why when asked why + he can post after it, plenty of writers do that when they wish to make a clear point. And no his tweet was actually in poor taste and juvenile. He put it on a public forum, thus criticing his opinion is fair game. At least the critics are actually explaining why his tweet was poorly thought out and in poor taste which is more then what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by peterporker View Post
    Actually the current Captain Marvel's costume doesn't show an inch of skin and it's totally decent so I don't see why a teenager wearing it would be disturbing.
    I was talking about the classic and iconic costume, not the Captain Marvel's.

WELCOME TO THIS SIDE OF THE INTERNET.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-15-2015 at 07:39 PM.

BANNED

He used only a fraction of his characters to explain why when asked why. And no his tweet was in poor taste and juvenile. He put it on a public forum, thus criticing his opinion is fair game. At least the critics are actually explaining why his tweet was poorly thought out and in poor taste which is more then what he did.
    He was asked a question and he answered it honestly.

Should he not have an opinion outside of it being a positive one since he works in the industry? Should all creators be walking automatons who just love's every other creators work? I'm not defending what he said I'm more so defending his right to say it.

It would be largely different if he called Kamala a slut like a certain FF director did in the case of Sue Storm but all he commented on was his disliking of Kamala's costume. Not a big deal.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I think it's great they are sticking with a design which reflects the characters' faith, age and culture.

Larson did not know that and is panning from a design perspective. And if he does not like it, so what?

The older I get, the more I respect attention to details.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I'm not defending what he said I'm more so defending his right to say it.
    And with that right and his position comes responsibility. We have an equal right to critique that opinion given it was put on a public forum. So I don't think you have a valid argument there even when you approach it from that angle.

BANNED

And with that right and his position comes responsibility. We have an equal right to critique that opinion given it was put on a public forum. So I don't think you have a valid argument there even when you approach it from that angle.
    I actually there isn't a problem to criticize what others say. But to the level it's being done in this thread and on twitter over a 140 character post does exactly what I said earlier....."Says a lot about those individuals" it's a two way street. To assume/infer he is a sexist pig, ignorant, lacks taste and so on because of a tweet about a costume choice is not really fair or nice. And the people on his twitter page taking it to further extremes are really just forum of cyber bullies who should be ignored/blocked by Larsen.
    Last edited by Trident; 03-15-2015 at 07:40 AM.

He doesn't like it. He doesn't HAVE to analyze it or do anything else. He personally doesn't like the costume and that's okay. The fact that this is even being argued about is bizarre. Now people are making implications about a dude because he doesn't like a costume? Really. That's immature and silly. he doesn't like the costume. Big deal.
    Last edited by Kirby Krackle; 03-15-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    He doesn't like it. He doesn't HAVE to analyze it or do anything else. He personally doesn't like the costume and that's okay. The fact that this is even being argued about is bizarre. Now people are making implications about a dude because he doesn't like a costume? Really. That's immature and silly. he doesn't like the costume. Big deal.
    So i guess that you havent been in dark places of the Internet, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So i guess that you havent been in dark places of the Internet, right ?.
    I regularly post on 4chan. lol. (/co/ck/tv/) If you mean deep web, I'm too lazy to set up TOR.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The last time I even heard from him was when there was an article about his feud with Peter David. And that was like 4 years ago.