Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    This was surprisingly...not good.

I have been looking forward to this for months now. Having read it, I wouldn't even call this mediocre...it was just bad.
    This was... disappointingly not good -- but I will give it mediocre. Sure, Howard was far to mild mannered and Spidey crying to Uncle Ben was so very uncalled for. And, Tara the tatt artist falls just short of grabbing my attention as the introduced supporting cast and there was not enough wacky/funny lines. The cover heroes in the window could have been picked better and Jen throwing a brick at Howard was dumb.

Hopefully, Howard's silent frown means we'll learn what happened to Bev ASAP. The crossover with the She-Hulk series was okay. The Spidey guest spot was high profile and Black Cat as Kingpin was topical plotpoint. The montage was okay. The lead character exposition was not bad. The intro of The Gatherer was okay. And the last page gigglicious teaser of a Duck/Raccoon team-up is what convinced me to give the book a 2nd chance.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 03-15-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Wow... I'm really surprised with so many bad reactions to this comic. I have REALLY enjoyed it, and after a week, with 261 reviews*(most of them 5 stars) on Comixology, it's kinda surprising to me to see these reactions.

Yeah, art is not so good, some jokes are really "meh", but what made me really like this comic were the personality of this duck, his reactions to some situations and the faces he does on the unexpected (like when he was told where to find Black Cat).

I've put it down on my own review, with a couple of images of the comic illustrating what I am telling here.

Am I a bad person for laughing at the Uncle Ben Breakdown? Because it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Wow... I'm really surprised with so many bad reactions to this comic. I have REALLY enjoyed it, and after a week, with 261 reviews*(most of them 5 stars) on Comixology, it's kinda surprising to me to see these reactions.

Yeah, art is not so good, some jokes are really "meh", but what made me really like this comic were the personality of this duck, his reactions to some situations and the faces he does on the unexpected (like when he was told where to find Black Cat).

I've put it down on my own review, with a couple of images of the comic illustrating what I am telling here.
    oh yes his personality was indeed the highlight of the book, can't wait to read the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Am I a bad person for laughing at the Uncle Ben Breakdown? Because it was hilarious.
    Yes

jk if you're into dark comedy than it's cool
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)