Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't think I liked the way Frankenstein looked in this one, but i wish he'd interact with the DCU more often.
    That's Frank's creator, so you're seeing his true visual incarnation.

I do think Talia will be back in the next couple of issues. Way before Damian is.

This issue was ALL good! For ALL the good reasons listed in this thread so far! And a JLD footnote - sweet! Okay maybe the variant cover choice was silly - to put it positive. If I had to nitpick about something is the reckless way Batman surfaced thru the ice needlessly endangering those fishermen. So, let's assume he had sensors going that indicated they were clearing out already before his cool new Batboat broke ice. If I had to complain about something, it would only be -once again- the actual name of the series. How can this book properly get deserved word of mouth props when it takes time to pause and explain the non-name, unnamed-teamup format following the death of Robin Damian - not the Red one. I find the whole thing poor marketing direction. But that's an aside really, ALL of this issue was enjoyable and highly recommended.

Preview.
    BMFR-Cv31-ds-6c1f9.jpgBMFR-Cv31-1-25-var-59e7c.jpg

I love the way Mahnke draws Frankenstein! He really pushes the walking corpse look. As much as I love Janin's art his Frankenstein kinda resembles Shrek.

Frank's characterization felt a little off but it was still a great issue. Batman and Frankenstein fighting a tribe of Yetis. You can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    That's Frank's creator, so you're seeing his true visual incarnation..
    While this is true I think Mahnke's deliberately changed up his style here to make it more consistent with Gleason. It's, cleaner, sleeker and less detailed then before - xompare Frankie in this issue to his first appearances under Mankhe below. Which is also closer to how he looked in his New 52 series by Alberto Ponticelli, much looser and "uglier".

Ponticelli

i just love the concept of DC's (Grant Morrison's) Frankenstein! a steam punk undead super soldier, wielding the sword of the arch angel Gabriel.