Thread: Batman vs Spawn

All-New Member

Default Batman vs Spawn

Hi

I am new here so please bear with me.
    I recently got into comics and Batman and Spawn are my favs. SO i just found out that there was a batman spawn crossover but I can't seem to find any shop that has it. where can I find a cheap copy online so that I can convince my elder bro to allow use of his bank card.

I bought them on ebay - you need paypal for that. Amazon could be worth checking too.

BANNED

I got it on Amazon for like 5 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by billychaz View Post
    Hi

I am new here so please bear with me.
    I recently got into comics and Batman and Spawn are my favs. SO i just found out that there was a batman spawn crossover but I can't seem to find any shop that has it. where can I find a cheap copy online so that I can convince my elder bro to allow use of his bank card.
    There were actually two crossovers and you can find them fairly cheap at my comicshop.com

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=batm...pubid=&PubRng=

Yeah.

The DC one was Batman/Spawn: War Devil and is one of the worst comics ever made. Seriously, don't get it.

The Image one was by Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane and is just called Spawn/Batman. It's very slight, but kind of fun in its own way. It's far from required reading though.

I got both of them a couple summers back for a dollar each at, for some crazy reason, the local Dollar Tree (where everything's a dollar).
    War Devil had the better story of the two, not saying much, and the other one is after Frank Miller's complete creative breakdown. Seriously, the version of Batman presented here is so nutso Spawn thinks he needs help. The assassin who came back from hell thought Batman was too angry and crazy. I won't spoil the details, but there's a reason Spawn wouldn't want to team up with this guy again.

Incredible Member

In that book, Batman calls Spawn a "twit" like a 1920s British gentleman. Always seemed weird to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    In that book, Batman calls Spawn a "twit" like a 1920s British gentleman. Always seemed weird to me.
    Maybe it was a time-displaced Gotham by Gaslight Batman.