Super Moderator

Default Jack Huston Confirmed to Star in "The Crow" Reboot

"The Crow" comic creator James O'Barr has confirmed the news that the "Boardwalk Empire" actor has been cast in the film's title role.

Full article here.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I'll relax when I actually see a film.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Incredible Member

Regardless of who stars in it, unless it is a much straighter rendition of the book done with the same high quality as the original film, to me remaking "The Crow" seems a classic example of fixing something that isn't broken.

Mighty Member

I believe O' Barr said that this is going to be a very close adaptation; he doesn't want a remake of the film as Brandon Lee was so iconic in that role. In short, his words were 'there's only one Eric Draven'.

Amazing Member

Exactly, O'Barr did say they are not remaking the first film, but adapting the comic as close as possible.
    Eric never had a last name in the comics (Shelly as well) and so this will be THAT Eric. I was against all the other films because O'Barr wasn't part of them. And I was against this until he came on board, he is overseeing it to make sure the vision stays true to the book, he is even curating the soundtrack! I am optimistic with this.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

They should go all in and shoot in black and white. They already have people doubting it will be made. Screw it.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Regardless of who stars in it, unless it is a much straighter rendition of the book done with the same high quality as the original film, to me remaking "The Crow" seems a classic example of fixing something that isn't broken.
    This is not a "remake" of the 1994 film, it's a separate adaptation of the comics/graphic novel. To me remakes and adaptations are 2 very different things, and to me the definition of a remake is when it's based on motion picture is when it's based on an original motion picture produced earlier including based on an original screenplay (not based on any existing source material like comics, graphic novels, books and novellas) like for example Father of the Bride, King Kong, Ocean's 11, Scarface, The Departed etc. TRUE remakes in every sense of the word, the new Crow is a re-adaptation of the graphic novel and has nothing to do with the older film and re-adaptations are another and separate adaptation of source materials (books/novellas/comics) like say Dredd for example and The Incredible Hulk 2008 which aren't remakes of 2003/1995 films but new/separate adaptations of the comics. To say the new Crow movie is a "remake" of the earler film would be like saying Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy are "remakes" of Tim Burton's Batman movies because of Batman/origin of Batman/Joker/Catwoman etc. NO, they are obviously a separate adaptation of the comics