View Poll Results: Which Bat Family titles will you be picking up in June?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • BATMAN #41

27 62.79%
  • GRAYSON #9

31 72.09%
  • ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1

21 48.84%
  • DETECTIVE COMICS #41

20 46.51%
  • BATGIRL #41

13 30.23%
  • WE ARE...ROBIN #1

17 39.53%
  • GOTHAM ACADEMY #7

17 39.53%
  • CATWOMAN #41

12 27.91%
  • GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #6

15 34.88%
  • RED HOOD/ARSENAL #1

7 16.28%
  • HARLEY QUINN #17

8 18.60%
  • BLACK CANARY #1

10 23.26%
  • MIDNIGHTER #1

15 34.88%
  • BATMAN/SUPERMAN #21

4 9.30%
  • BATMAN BEYOND #1

12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If it is Gordon in the mech suit, then the overall idea will be a familiar one: Does Gotham need Bruce Batman?

Gordon now has the ability to clean up Gotham without Batman. But can Gotham last without Bruce?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-12-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Ooh Maps and Damian. I love it! Just adorable
    I can't wait to see what sort of hijinks Maps and company drag an unwilling Damian into. Should be fun.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I'm not even sure why people are getting excited about Damian being in Gotham Acadamy, when eventually those same people will complain that he's not being written correctly.

Sorry.....the elephant in the room was enormous.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I thought the new team was going to start in issue 9 of Suicide Squad? Was looking forward to that. The new costumes for Batman and Wonder Woman are strange.....and Superman is back in the t and jeans, I hope not for long. Don't care for the hair cut though. I may pick up Gotham by Midnight, I love Kate. My list seems to be cutting back a it though.
    im glad I need t know if deadshot is okay
    he lost his confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I'm not even sure why people are getting excited about Damian being in Gotham Acadamy, when eventually those same people will complain that he's not being written correctly.

Because he's getting out. They brought him back and yet he's still been MIA, save for in B&R. So its just nice to see him playing outside again. Plus him and Maps together is adorable . How can u not get excited about that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post

I mean how sexy can this dude get? Now he looks that much more like Archer.
    I would love an one-shot crossover between the two

Astonishing Member

Yeah that's true, but I feel like the whole elite academy setting perfectly goes along with Damian's aristocratic, snobby personality that most writers miss, so I am trying to be optimistic.

Yeah, there will be people that will complain but I'm excited nonetheless. I think it could be a very interesting setting for him and a chance for him to interact with some normal kids. Even before he died it felt as if he was being kept in isolation so it's like godlike said I'm just glad to see him out and about. Also since I wasn't enjoying Tomasi's take on the character I'm hoping this might rekindle my interest in Damian, which has thus far been pretty nonexistent. I'm hoping to get an enjoyable Damian out of this again.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Seems like a good place for him though it's a little weird that the after school special book is in the running for best batbook.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Seems like a good place for him though it's a little weird that the after school special book is in the running for best batbook.
    Well, I like it quite a lot but even so the best Bat book in my opinion is Grayson. Nothing else even comes close.

Extraordinary Member

Is gotham academy an elemntary school
    damian is 4'8 amd 10 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is gotham academy an elemntary school
    damian is 4'8 amd 10 years old
    To smart for elementary had to move him up probs. All the writers have been praising the idea for Robin son of batman on newsarama articles, comparing it to avatar the last air bender and how to train your dragon. Can't wait to hear more about it am seriously gonna struggle with what to collect come June.
    Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

But in the past, it was those other appearances of Damian in books like Batgirl and Superman/Batman that made the annoying little pustule seem more . . . likable. I loved the Batgirl issue where they showed how alien Damian seemed when he had to interact with kids his own age.

I generally hated how Tomasi handled Damian early on in the New 52 (except for the story where he took on the former Robins) and just gave up on the book after the first year. Having him show up in a book I like may give me a new perspective on the character and help bring back some of the fun to him.

Hee hee hee, Maps is gonna drive him bananas. Its going to be delightful. It practically writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hee hee hee, Maps is gonna drive him bananas. Its going to be delightful. It practically writes itself.
    How long before he tries to kill Maps?