Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default BATGIRL #40 Preview/Disussion

A decision Barbara made during her darkest days in Gotham City returns to haunt her! What was it? And how does it tie into the evil impostor Batgirl? Find out here!

Full article here.

Holy crap! I knew the story was going in this direction, but seeing it played out like this makes me crazy exited to read the whole issue.

Always Rakzo

This indeed looks great, can't wait to see the conclusion.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Definitely awesome. I haven't read all four pages of a preview in a while, but I was hoped on that. Can't wait until Wednesday.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Saw this a few days ago. Looks pretty great. Like the silent approach.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

So it just occurred to me, Babs made her own Ultron. I feel bad for angry A.I. Babs.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Wow, good preview, should be a great conclusion to a strong opening arc from the team. That artwork is surprisingly effective in these tenser, more serious moments, which was my one initial concern

Both look amazing! Really excited that were getting double Batgirl before the damn Convergence hiatus.

This preview looks great! I'm excited to find out what will come of this confrontation. Do you guys think computer Babs will stick around, or just the algorithm, or neither?

BANNED

I love mad computer stories. It's very Saturday morning. Quite like A.I Babs also digitally including a cowel for herself while stripping Babs of her own

I am not following Endgame but Bengal's art in that tie-in looks awesome. That is a definite buy. I hope (but doubt) they include that in the eventual Batgirl trade too.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I loved this issue! And just in case, spoilers...

spoilers:
    I think this issue did a great job at bringing all the previous issues of this arc together. I also enjoyed that it was a team effort that brought down computer Babs. Also, Dinah distracting Liam to let Batgirl disappear and then pointing it out to him was great! The art as always is amazing to look at, and I'm really looking forward to where Babs goes from here, with Frankie's help using... We don't get a name! Haha. But I guess it'll be Oracle...

Question though, do you guys think the bad code of the brain scan is really gone for good? I don't think so...
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for #41 in June, and I think I'll have to give Balck Canary a shot too

I'm not sure how or why Barbara thinks she's beaten the AI...she just confused it into disappearing? That doesn't feel very conclusive at all, but cool issue nonetheless, and very clever ending!

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I'm not sure how or why Barbara thinks she's beaten the AI...she just confused it into disappearing? That doesn't feel very conclusive at all, but cool issue nonetheless, and very clever ending!
    I rather hope the AI does come back. It was fun seeing Babs tie herself in knots trying to debate the moral high ground with "herself". Antagonists who are shades of grey are generally the most interesting. So Babs-in-the-machine has possibly just tucked itself into the corner of the Hooq servers (or Frankie's laptop) to have a really good think, and will be back when it's thought out its next comeback.

Next time it might get into a debate with the "clean" version of Barbara's code as well. I guess that Frankie managing to extract that means that Barbara can now go ahead with her original thesis after all. The predictive algorithm needs some work though, in order to make sure it doesn't go all Minority Report on everybody in Gotham. I can't help but wonder what the verdict would have been on Bruce, had he been there. I'm pretty sure he'd have been condemned out of hand in either of his personas.