Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

This was definitely a great conclusion and I'm happy how all the plot-points worked out at the end.

Astonishing Member

Great ending. I even liked the clevery bit of the HOOQ launch party being ground zero. Seeing Batgirl Captain Kirk an AI was pretty great. Dinah was great. Frankie was great. Look, it's the whole cast so far plus one of the previous villains! Very nicely built to, with a fun ending, a great (and somewhat ruthless) tease.

Endgame was really good, too, so today was a hell of a Batgirl day.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Well this issue was really good
    Batgirl and her new supporting cast have never been more interesting
    Great setup for June

This was fantastic! I love how Batgirl and her supporting cast all came together for the conclusion.

Frankie in particular will be interesting to follow as potentially the new Oracle (couldn't they just say the name and not drive me crazy??)

And Dinah finally got her moment to shine, can't wait for her solo. But I will miss Babs Tarr's Dinah, she looked fierce on stage!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I am not following Endgame but Bengal's art in that tie-in looks awesome. That is a definite buy. I hope (but doubt) they include that in the eventual Batgirl trade too.
    Well, Bengal is an amazing artist. Definitely check out his other work (now translated) if you haven't.

Probably should just make this a joint discussion thread with the Endgame issue.

I thought #40 could have really used one more page . Mean cliffhanger. Still a lovely issue though. I couldn't help but feel bad for algorithm Babs, i hope thats not the last we see of her. I thought it was a good villain. I would like to see what more they could do with it.

The Endgame issue was interesting. I didn't realize it was going to be a silent issue. At fist i was like i don't know about this, but it grew on me pretty quick. The art was quite good, and even though it was silent, the isseu had a charm to it. I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Its was different, but good.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2015 at 11:08 AM.

BANNED

Not a bad ending, not perfect either, but eh, it's in-keeping with the book's spirited tone. How convenient it is the A.I ended up being all distorted when it made itself publicly known eh? Love how the cop is just "yeah she got away...but eh, cool gig huh?"

I liked this, i thought it was a pretty decent ending in an overall enterteining arc

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Probably should just make this a joint discussion thread with the Endgame issue.

I thought #40 could have really used one more page . Mean cliffhanger. Still a lovely issue though. I couldn't help but feel bad for algorithm Babs, i hope thats not the last we see of her. I thought it was a good villain. I would like to see what more they could do with it.

The Endgame issue was interesting. I didn't realize it was going to be a silent issue. At fist i was like i don't know about this, but it grew on me pretty quick. The art was quite good, and even though it was silent, the isseu had a charm to it. I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Its was different, but good.
    Although the AI seemed to collapse, Frankie later mentioned that she managed to isolate it from the algorithm. So I suppose there's a chance she could come back, but I'd rather move on into something different.

The villains I'd love to see return from this arc are the Jawbreakers, they were really fun and Babs need to get herself a bike ASAP.

And I just realized that Dinah basically ditched Ashes on Sunday for a record deal of her own, since Fletcher already said the band in the Black Canary ongoing is a different one. She remains a bitch all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    And I just realized that Dinah basically ditched Ashes on Sunday for a record deal of her own, since Fletcher already said the band in the Black Canary ongoing is a different one. She remains a bitch all around!
    At least that means that Ashes on Sunday are still around for the Batgirl and Gotham Academy lot to go and see while Dinah's off on tour. I hope we get to see the Academy kids gripe about how Dinah's stolen the lead guitarist for her new band, or how Ashes are auditioning for a new vocalist again...

Spectacular Member

Loved loved loved the, let's call it "mid-season finale" for Batgirl. Like was said before, great way of bringing everything together, good action and use of the characters and a fun bright tease of the future.

Endgame was really good too. Silent issues can be hit or miss, because they're often quick reads that can feel like less value for money, but the approach to it was really fun and made the new Batgirl tone work with the darker Endgame story.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed this, it was fitting end to the skynet saga.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member

Another enjoyable issue. Only complaint was how the A.I. was defeated, not so much the old ploy of creating a logic loop to distract it, but that we really did not see what happened to the A.I. after that.

And, it looks like they will avoid giving Frankie the Oracle name and use it for the algorithm. Probably a safe move all things considered.

Really enjoyed this issue and I appreciated how the whole computer-algorithm-that-gained-sentience thing was resolved rather quickly, and it felt pretty definitive. Although it also feels like there's a chance it could come back in the future, despite being "shut down" and what not.

I knew Dinah and Babs were going to make up pretty soon and I'm so glad it finally happened. Issue #39 had me going, "NO NO NO JUST MAKE UP ALREADY" so this was satisfying. And I'm really excited about Black Canary #1 coming up in June, and liked how they set up Dinah's story going into it at the end of this issue.

I was also very, very glad that they included the flashback of Barbara in the wheelchair when she was first working on her algorithm. It was a shame it was only one page, but I'm glad it was included, especially amongst the whole Joker-themed variant issue controversy. It's nice to see at least that nod (albeit, a small one) to her canon history.

I also really enjoyed Endgame. It has no text (aside from some sound effects and one little bit at the very end) but Bengal's art was spectacular and he did an amazing job of emulating Babs Tarr's unique style, but keeping it his own at the same time. It was very enjoyable and felt like a zombie movie.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Always Rakzo

In retrospective both issues were quite good. The main issue worked perfectly as the conclusion of the storyline while the Endgame tie-in was a pretty nice one-and-done.