Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Well it's about time for a return Oracle, even if it is with a little twist this time around. Still, maybe now this could get some of the Oracle fans off DC's back, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I was also very, very glad that they included the flashback of Barbara in the wheelchair when she was first working on her algorithm. It was a shame it was only one page, but I'm glad it was included, especially amongst the whole Joker-themed variant issue controversy. It's nice to see at least that nod (albeit, a small one) to her canon history.
    That was actually the focus of the Secret Origins #10 story, you should check it out. That flashback page was taken directly from there.

About the Endgame issue, Brenden talked about it in DC All Access and mentioned this would show the first meeting between Babs and one important character. Looking into the issue again I realized that the girl she rescued was Tiffany Fox - Lucius daughter and future Batgirl from the Futures End issue. That was a very nice touch, I hope we see more if her!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    About the Endgame issue, Brenden talked about it in DC All Access and mentioned this would show the first meeting between Babs and one important character. Looking into the issue again I realized that the girl she rescued was Tiffany Fox - Lucius daughter and future Batgirl from the Futures End issue. That was a very nice touch, I hope we see more if her!
    Aww, and she was great in the Futrue's End issue, too. Such a great week, getting two great Babs issues. Looking forward to next month something fierce now.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Ya, the bus was transporting VIPs.

Enjoyed both 41 and Endgame issue, the new creative team are doing a great job with changing the tone of the book for the better. Hopefully they get to stay on for awhile and keep delivering good fun stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Next time it might get into a debate with the "clean" version of Barbara's code as well. I guess that Frankie managing to extract that means that Barbara can now go ahead with her original thesis after all. The predictive algorithm needs some work though, in order to make sure it doesn't go all Minority Report on everybody in Gotham. I can't help but wonder what the verdict would have been on Bruce, had he been there. I'm pretty sure he'd have been condemned out of hand in either of his personas.
    It looked at Dinah as a criminal, so unless she's been arrested before (which I don't think has happened), I'm pretty sure the AI regarded Vigilantes as criminals. So yeah, if Batgirl hadn't stopped it here it probably would've eventually turned it's attention to the entire Bat-Family .
    Last edited by Frontier; 03-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looked at Dinah as a criminal, so unless she's been arrested before (which I don't think has happened), I'm pretty sure the AI regarded Vigilantes as criminals. So yeah, f Batgirl hadn't stopped it here it probably would've eventually turned it's attention to the entire Bat-Family .
    New 52 Dinah was wanted for the murder of her husband for a while, until it turned out that he was alive and not really her husband.

It was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    New 52 Dinah was wanted for the murder of her husband for a while, until it turned out that he was alive and not really her husband.

It was terrible.
    But it's not like she has a record because of it, right? And I can't imagine that she'd be walking and working in broad daylight unless she'd been cleared of those charges...then again, this is a crazy, overzealous AI we're talking about .

But yeah, that does sound pretty wacky .

I didn't bother with the Endgame issue... there was no real tie in to the main story, was there?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkAndSteel View Post
    I didn't bother with the Endgame issue... there was no real tie in to the main story, was there?
    It's very much on the side of the action, but I would strongly urge you to check it out if you have the extra three dollars. The art is fantastic, and it's a fun little issue.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    It's very much on the side of the action, but I would strongly urge you to check it out if you have the extra three dollars. The art is fantastic, and it's a fun little issue.
    I had six books and 2 trades this week... and being in Canada, add 25% to all the cover prices and thats what i paid... so I held off, ha.

Both issues were amazing, but I have to say that Endgame issue surprised me the most since they managed to turn that Endgame nonsense into a great and emotional one-shot. Perfect example of good creative team being capable of making, almost, any idea work.

Fun issue. The supporting cast still feels a bit generic but Frankie did make an impression for a change.

Can somebody please tell me how to link a youtube to play here?
    Anyways the BabsA.I. selfdestruct scene totally read out in my mind as when Capt. Kirk talks a robot to death in I, Mudd! Moreso in an acceptable homage way than copycat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg
    <youtube>https://youtu.be/ZuYbDP2kDfg</youtube>
    <youtube>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg</youtube>
    <youtube>ZuYbDP2kDfg</youtube>

Also, this was the first time, in a long time, that Dinah read like a sexy hot spitfire and now she is gone. Maybe this new secret identity will carryover to her new series well. Good luck to her - not relying on going back to her Ollie-dependant days for a change.

The direction suggested with the new tech sidekick -which does feel a bit copycat to the other Battitles- with the preemptive crimefighting should be fun but let's just hope it does not feel too copycat to TV's Person of Interest. Not that the return of Sarah Shahi in comic book form wouldn't fit in so well in a Batverse crimefighting. [Here's hoping Sameen Shaw (Sarah Shahi) returns before BabsA.I. does. ]

BG-Cv40-ds-f91d3.jpg HenDZy9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Fun issue. The supporting cast still feels a bit generic but Frankie did make an impression for a change.

Can somebody please tell me how to link a youtube to play here?
    Anyways the BabsA.I. selfdestruct scene totally read out in my mind as when Capt. Kirk talks a robot to death in I, Mudd! Moreso in an acceptable homage way than copycat:

Also, this was the first time, in a long time, that Dinah read like a sexy hot spitfire and now she is gone. Maybe this new secret identity will carryover to her new series well. Good luck to her - not relying on going back to her Ollie-dependant days for a change.

The direction suggested with the new tech sidekick -which does feel a bit copycat to the other Battitles- with the preemptive crimefighting should be fun but let's just hope it does not feel too copycat to TV's Person of Interest. Not that the return of Sarah Shahi in comic book form wouldn't fit in so well in a Batverse crimefighting. [Here's hoping Sameen Shaw (Sarah Shahi) returns before BabsA.I. does. ]

BG-Cv40-ds-f91d3.jpg HenDZy9.jpg
    There u go...

Its video=youtube;ZuYbDP2kDfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg[/video
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-23-2015 at 04:21 PM.