Page 183 of 198 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Incredible Member

agreed

I got a feeling penguin generally liked butch, but tabitha crossed that one line so he pulled a thanos.

I've just started reading Dawn of Darkness (and rewatching Gotham having not seen it since series 2 ended). Early in Dawn of Darkness, Thomas Wayne says that Arkham is overflowing, but I was under the impression that Arkham has been shut down for many years at the beginning of Gotham. I can barely remember most of Gotham, so please no spoilers, but am I missing something here?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    ...I've seen better Bane cosplay .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep.

While I don't want to feel that initial "Titans"/Kori feeling again, it's starting to feel a little like that.

Its not that bad but ya Maybe it'll look better wean they add effects?

Some of the cosplay costumes look great. You can tell the person that made it put a lot of work into it. I don't see why a TV costume looking like cosplay is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Some of the cosplay costumes look great. You can tell the person that made it put a lot of work into it. I don't see why a TV costume looking like cosplay is a bad thing.
    My point was that I've seen actual cosplay that looks better then this TV costume, which by it's very nature is meant to be more "official" or have more of a budget to it.

Default Gotham TV series.

I'm watching it on Netflix, and, considering how the bad guys treat their captives, the writers must have a thing for bondage.

Anyway, it's coming across like a soap opera, with plot and character development over successive episodes, so it's more like Hill Street Blues than Stargate or Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm enjoying it, especially because I'm a Batman fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    I'm watching it on Netflix, and, considering how the bad guys treat their captives, the writers must have a thing for bondage.

Anyway, it's coming across like a soap opera, with plot and character development over successive episodes, so it's more like Hill Street Blues than Stargate or Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm enjoying it, especially because I'm a Batman fan.

It's a far better experience watching it on blu-ray. Streaming doesn't give off the richness in picture quality you get with blu-ray, and it makes a huge difference with this series.

Incredible Member

The best way to think of this series as a grimderp version of 60's batman.

and in that way, it is one of the better comedies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    The best way to think of this series as a grimderp version of 60's batman.

and in that way, it is one of the better comedies out there.

I'd say that's accurate. It combines the grim/gritty aspect of Batman from the past few decades with the camp of the 60s television series, and they somehow make it work.

I don't see any campiness from the 1960's show; in fact, all I see is the legacy of Batman: Year One and the darkness and grittiness that came after.

Where's the campiness?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's a ton of silly stuff that happens in Gotham. Like the Penguin showing up to blow someone up with an RPG, criminals having a super market to buy guns and explosives, the sheer amount of times the police station is taken over by villains, the narrows in general.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it's not obvious immediately, but around season two is where it starts getting noticeably campy.