Page 124 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm not 100% clear on what Ed's motive is with all this. Is he trying to remove Jim as a threat to finding out he killed Miss Kringle? And his paranoia is causing him to miss the obvious signals that Jim doesn't suspect Ed and isn't really that interested in the case? Or does he consider Jim his only "worthy opponent" at this point, and just wanted to prove he could win a battle of wits against him?
    I think it's bit of both. Ed thinks Jim is onto him, despite evidence to the contrary, and regards that as a personal challenge to see who can best who, which has basically made Ed go full-on Riddler.

Mighty Member

Edward's ready to put on the question marks.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Edward's ready to put on the question marks.
    I doubt they'd do it, but it would be hilarious if Ed was watching an infomercial of Matthew Lesko or if it was just on in the background.

I wonder if Ed would think he was snazzy dresser or too over the top?

Edit: David Instagrammed this yesterday. I guess he went to the premiere:

17.9k likes
    22h
    Bruce Wayne meets Batman. #bvspremiere @benaffleck
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 03-22-2016 at 02:00 PM.

I'm not 100% clear on what Ed's motive is with all this. Is he trying to remove Jim as a threat to finding out he killed Miss Kringle? And his paranoia is causing him to miss the obvious signals that Jim doesn't suspect Ed and isn't really that interested in the case? Or does he consider Jim his only "worthy opponent" at this point, and just wanted to prove he could win a battle of wits against him?
    I t6hink it's a little of both. He is not screwed on too tight.

Was that big, real, bomb a reference to the bomb from the Batman 66' movie? I was expecting someone, maybe Bullock, would quip "somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Ed really did a bang-up job in this episode as he put his plan into action to frame Jim and practically make his debut as The Riddler. He leads the police to one riddle after another all the while effortlessly framing Jim for murder and using the truth about Galavan's murder to tighten the noose even further, all the while no one is the wiser, especially Gordon.

You could really see how hard Jim was taking it once he realized how bad the case against him was, particularly given the domino was his murder of Galavan which he actually did do, especially after he resignedly asked for a lawyer. Even if he is cleared for the second murder, I think he's still going to have to face-up to what he did to Galavan. I doubt Barnes will ever trust him again though.

I was honestly expecting the crowbar to become the basis for The Riddler's cane, though I guess it can still serve that function as Ed continues to develop as a Supervillain .

I guess it was...nice to see Oswald and Butch kinda patch things up after everything they went through together and everything they did to each other, even if we had to have Penguin get a whole personality shift to do it. Tabitha wanting revenge for her brother's murder was also a nice surprise, showing she still cared for him even after abandoning him, though obviously her feelings weren't strong enough given she pretty much let it go once Butch talked her out of it and her punishment for him was fairly mild when you get right down to it.

Well, it looks like Bruce has gotten a real taste for fighting and the thrill that comes with it, or at least the degree of focus Batman needs when he's in a fight with someone as, he implements Alfred's teachings. I do wonder how long this "Bruce on the street" arc is going to last for and Alfred will really be able to keep away.

So I guess the only ones left who can really clear Jim, or will be committed to doing it, are Bullock and Bruce. That would be an interesting team-up .

Barbara waking up after hearing about Jim's conviction reminded me of Joker's "revival" in the Dark Knight Returns. I can only imagine what she's going to do now that she's woken up, especially with Jim's current predicament, though I expect she'll have to deal with Strange first.

Ultimate Member

I think Ed's inferiority complex is raging. He thinks Jim is betraying/taunting him, being a false friend to him, so Ed has to prove his superiority.

What's key here, however, is if Ed can avoid claiming credit. Ego always was the Riddler's greatest flaw.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that big, real, bomb a reference to the bomb from the Batman 66' movie? I was expecting someone, maybe Bullock, would quip "somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."
    I think I would have punched somebody if they had done that. But yeah, I think they were deliberately channeling the Adam West show with that scene... the sparkler at the end was just the kind of cheap "visual effect" they used on that show.

You could really see how hard Jim was taking it once he realized how bad the case against him was, particularly given the domino was his murder of Galavan which he actually did do, especially after he resignedly asked for a lawyer. Even if he is cleared for the second murder, I think he's still going to have to face-up to what he did to Galavan. I doubt Barnes will ever trust him again though.
    I think after Jim gets cleared on Pinkney's murder, the Galavan case will disappear when Theo Galavan himself shows up "alive" as some sort of Hugo Strange zombie.

I guess it was...nice to see Oswald and Butch kinda patch things up after everything they went through together and everything they did to each other, even if we had to have Penguin get a whole personality shift to do it. Tabitha wanting revenge for her brother's murder was also a nice surprise, showing she still cared for him even after abandoning him, though obviously her feelings weren't strong enough given she pretty much let it go once Butch talked her out of it and her punishment for him was fairly mild when you get right down to it.
    Butch isn't long for this world. He's a throwback to the old season 1 mob bosses who had a code that was brutal, but at least had a sort of twisted sense of honor and room for a bit of humanity now and then. Butch will die and be replaced, because he's just not crazy enough for the new order in Gotham.

Well, it looks like Bruce has gotten a real taste for fighting and the thrill that comes with it, or at least the degree of focus Batman needs when he's in a fight with someone as, he implements Alfred's teachings. I do wonder how long this "Bruce on the street" arc is going to last for and Alfred will really be able to keep away.
    I hope it goes on for several weeks. Long enough for Bruce (and Selina, with help from Bullock) to investigate Jim's case and get him exonerated. And I hope Ed (whether he personally gets caught or not) realizes it was Bruce who foiled him, and becomes the first official member of his rogues' gallery.

Barbara waking up after hearing about Jim's conviction reminded me of Joker's "revival" in the Dark Knight Returns. I can only imagine what she's going to do now that she's woken up, especially with Jim's current predicament, though I expect she'll have to deal with Strange first.
    I expected her to snap that nurse's neck straight away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I got a kick out of the art museum heist at the beginning, it felt very old-school Batman but totally fit in with the show.
    It's also very "Riddler", which is probably why they did it. It's certainly more Riddler-ish than him killing people which is mainly what he's done on this show so far. Nygma always seemed to be more of a self-styled criminal genius who stole for the sake of the game he was playing than a cold-blooded murderer (though, it's certainly not beyond him). I have to say, Nygma's sense of dress is even hinting at his future in this show with his somewhat unusual patterned suits. No day-glo green with question marks yet, but still.

There seem to be a lot of subplots at play here. Penguin with his new family. Bruce on the streets. Jim in prison. Barbara waking up again. Hugo Strange's plot. I hope they're juggled well.

Y'know, I actually think it's kind of funny that Hugo Strange seems to be dealing with some of the more freakish Batman villains in Indian Hill, considering how one of his first stories back in the Golden Age involved his so called "Monster Men". It's kind of a different way of defining that phrase.

Wow, Bruce got into a real fight! That was intense, Alfred's words came to inspire him, and then he had that Bat-like speech to Selina. She and Ivy are still fairly harmless criminals, I wonder if they're going to make them (particularly Ivy) worse later on.

I love seeing Ed's progress (nice flip between him being on a villain streak while Oswald has been neutered). Although using a crowbar (and making a pun out of it) was a little too Joker. Is he stealing his shtick?!

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Yeah that was good casting. I'm curious about where Penguin's family story is going to go, they were creepy and the preview makes them seem even creepier. Too bad Oswald's stepmom and Gordon probably won't have an "OC" reunion as I don't think they're stories will cross.
    More likely than a Gotham/Arrow crossover where Jim meets Thea.

I think after Jim gets cleared on Pinkney's murder, the Galavan case will disappear when Theo Galavan himself shows up "alive" as some sort of Hugo Strange zombie.
    I think at this point, Galavan pretty much has to come back to prove Gordon's innocence. Although having a prolonged trial would've been interesting, and shocking when he was pronounced guilty, I think they probably blew past that because there's still more story to get through. How many episodes are left for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think at this point, Galavan pretty much has to come back to prove Gordon's innocence. Although having a prolonged trial would've been interesting, and shocking when he was pronounced guilty, I think they probably blew past that because there's still more story to get through. How many episodes are left for the season?
    Seven episodes left.

Jim was convicted of Pinkney's murder and not Galavan's, because the case against him in Galavan's murder would have depended on a dead man's testimony... and that testimony was faked to begin with. Probably the only real danger now is that Penguin's newfound respect for justice will compel him to implicate Jim. But I think Penguin is going to have other things to occupy him in the coming episodes, and I'm pretty sure this docile version of him won't last past this season.

An interesting episode last night, I thought, with some big question marks...

Did Elijah (Penguin's dad) manage to amend his will before he died? If not, I don't know why his wife would be so bothered that he drank the poison instead of Penguin... if he dies before he amends the will, then her problem is still solved.

I don't know where this storyline is going, unless it's to set up Penguin with his canon status as independently wealthy.

In the Jim Gordon side of the story, how did they manage to convince the guy whose brother was killed by Jim to help stage his escape?

I have no idea what the "Puck" character was there for, except to get fridged so Jim could set his jaw heroically and continue the fight. Now the show is having to invent brand-new characters specifically for that purpose. I'm afraid I didn't care much about the guy, though. He had crazy eyes and I kept expecting him to go berserk and tear somebody apart or something.

The bit about Lee losing the baby, and all that happening offscreen, was pretty lame unless it's a trick of some kind.

Looks like Don Falcone isn't as retired as he claims. I hoped he'd say "Come on Harvey, I try to get out but you keep PULLING me back in!"

Mighty Member

I loved Oswald's reaction when his step sister tried to seduce him.

Did Elijah (Penguin's dad) manage to amend his will before he died? If not, I don't know why his wife would be so bothered that he drank the poison instead of Penguin... if he dies before he amends the will, then her problem is still solved.
    Well...I don't think she actually intended to kill her husband, whatever bitterness she had towards Elijah.

I don't know where this storyline is going, unless it's to set up Penguin with his canon status as independently wealthy.
    Without his father's moral support, and if he finds out what the rest of his "family" did, I can see Oswald quickly regressing back and try to get some payback, as well as his father's money which he believes rightfully belongs to him.

But yeah, I'm expecting this is going to end with Penguin obtaining his wealth and status from the comics.
    In the Jim Gordon side of the story, how did they manage to convince the guy whose brother was killed by Jim to help stage his escape?
    It wasn't him. The guards were pulling that guy back from Jim during the riot so the plant could start "stabbing" Jim.

Well...I don't think she actually intended to kill her husband, whatever bitterness she had towards Elijah.
    Earlier, though, we saw her substituting breath mints for his heart pills. Maybe she convinced herself that deliberately letting him die of his illness was different than actively killing him?

Without his father's moral support, and if he finds out what the rest of his "family" did, I can see Oswald quickly regressing back and try to get some payback, as well as his father's money which he believes rightfully belongs to him.
    Hugo Strange said that he had plans for Penguin. I took that to mean that he's been programmed as some kind of "sleeper" and won't throw off his conditioning until Strange wants him to. I could be wrong, though, and it's possible that other circumstances like this could spoil Strange's plan.

It wasn't him. The guards were pulling that guy back from Jim during the riot so the plant could start "stabbing" Jim.
    Oh, I missed that.

Ultimate Member

Gee, Jim, maybe taking a kid who's just gotten the crap beaten out of him out of the infirmary wasn't the wisest idea?

Dunno why he bothered. By the time the kid got out of traction, the inmates likely would have forgotten about him sticking up for Jim, especially if Falcone gave them a nudge.