Page 55 of 198 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Yeah, what I meant with Ivy wasn't that she's going down in quality as a character, and you'll find her even less likeable, worth watching and all that.

No, just what she was saying to Barbara was just absolutely horrible, making the ol' gal think there was another woman there, entangled in some kind of romantic, or sexual, entanglement, with Gordon. Horrible, and I'd almost feel sorry for ol' Kean, if not for the abandonment/adultery, and to who, of all people, herself.

When vulnerable, don't go back to the one that you get self-destructive with. Don't leave a man you love, that you're prepared to marry, and ESPECIALLY don't go with the woman who was hounding your fiancee weeks on weeks on end, when if it was anyone except someone in their way, they likely wouldn't have.

Oh yes, and don't you dare say you're OVER them, when you were prepared to go that far with that man. Stay that long with THEM again, and never officially break up, or break off, engagement. Double standard, Barbara? Oh, hell yes.

Still, understand it, but if you can't take shelter in someone else, other than Montoya, and when Gordon didn't cheat, or move on - UNLIKE YOU.

Then, I'm not sure how sorry I can be, really.

And, is it just me, or did Garber the Electrocutioner come off as one of the few truly lucid patients interviewed? Of course, that could've been a clue as to who was actually responsible for all the electrocutions.

Or, it could be that this is someone Gotham has plans for, perhaps most of all in the next episode, in relation to Gordon. OR, that he's some sort of minor, or medium, or major/significant Batman characters.

I don't know. I know the Ventiloquist, Mad Hatter, Joker, Penguin, Professor Pyg, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Lady Shiva, Ras' Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Two-Face, Riddler, Bane, Mister Freeze, Hugo Strange, Scarecrow, Clayface and likely more, but I'm just not familar with him.

Might be worth a spin, all the same, especially with such an electric actor as he. Wonder did many others than me, or Raefe Mahadeo, recognize the actor player Garber from Supernatural - or other places?

My Dad was saying he's playing a still alive, or active Nazi, in Agents of SHIELD, and I said Whitehall. Wonder is that all right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    The guy from supernatural
    Ah yes, very true. Doubt there's much of anyone scarier than the Joker, even moreso in the Batman mythos, but yeah, fairly creepy.

Tightening me up thinking about him.

Also, did the stuff with him at the end reveal that he was the one behind all the electrocutions, rather than the nurse, or was she involved as well, maybe him the main one, and her working for him, like the quiet fellow who, I think, killed Lang, and his family with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    And here I was just about to say how much I'm liking Ivy. I think it's surprising how compelling and complex a character she is considering how little screen time she gets. She's so young, yet so extremely damaged. I feel for her and fear her at the same time, like she's in serious need of a hug but would probably stab you in the back while you're doing it. And the fact that she now appears to be very aware of the sexuality that she doesn't even physically have yet is just sad. That father of her's must have been some character. She suffers from the damage he did to her yet it was losing him that pushed her over the edge. Fascinating.

With the title of Rogue's Gallery I was expecting to see several recognizable figures imprisoned in Arkham. Kind of disappointing that they didn't really do that, but maybe they still will.

Also, it just hit me- no Bruce or Alfred at all in this one! With what they just went through in the last ep, that's surprising.
    Ah, sure, but it most certainly worked, did it not? No Alfred, no Bruce, but still good.

Penguin, Fish Mooney, Gordon, all that, and more.

Well, physically...it depends. Some people go through puberty earlier, some later, and I'm not sure what age Ivy IS.

Bruce's 10, Selina's 13, not sure about her - presume Tommy's about same age as Bruce, though.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Yeah, what I meant with Ivy wasn't that she's going down in quality as a character, and you'll find her even less likeable, worth watching and all that.
    "Likeable" isn't a word I'd ever use for any iteration of Poison Ivy. I don't mind the character here, though I can't say I think this is a better origin story for her than her canon one.

As for her trolling Barbara like that... I'm in favor of anything that might make Barbara do or say something interesting. I still have no idea why she's on the show. And since Babs just finished cheating on Jim with Montoya, I don't have very much sympathy for her anger.

My Dad was saying he's playing a still alive, or active Nazi, in Agents of SHIELD, and I said Whitehall. Wonder is that all right?
    Reed Diamond plays Whitehall on Agents of SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    "Likeable" isn't a word I'd ever use for any iteration of Poison Ivy. I don't mind the character here, though I can't say I think this is a better origin story for her than her canon one.

As for her trolling Barbara like that... I'm in favor of anything that might make Barbara do or say something interesting. I still have no idea why she's on the show. And since Babs just finished cheating on Jim with Montoya, I don't have very much sympathy for her anger.

Very much. About the same for me, really. If you cheat, and someone cheats on you - well, honestly, I'll admit a fault, and say if same gender, whatever that be, I'd maybe lean more sympathy. But, I'd still say if you've done the deed, mainly recently, just done, your anger, or outrage, all that...is nothing.

That in fact angers me.

Now, if this had been something else, instead, maybe, but not this.

Anger would still be there, if a man, or woman, or if broken up, but not a lot or any of that happened. THIS is just plain wrong, in all.

Thanks, didn't know that, Andrew. Am betting that's why he's so manys' best friend!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    isn't that specifically Nolan-verse? Don't think the original batman comics made a point of this.
    I think it depends on the interpretation. Some stories have it and others fill in there were even costumed heroes before Batman in Gotham (Alan Scott or Reaper for instance pre-New52). DC can't always decide whether these heroes were well known or urban legends. They also can't always decide whether Batman is well know or an urban legend. It's possible the presence of Batman caused the costumed crazies to go public rather than specifically create them.

Burton wanted Gotham to look like Hell erupted through the surface and kept on going which to me could indicate there was at least something sinister right from the start. And one comic book story has the town founded by a warlock.
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham_City

He plays the Swede on the Hell on Wheels show on AMC
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Christopher Heyerdahl plays Jack Gruber (Hans's older brother?) on Gotham, and the Swede on Hell on Wheels. And yes, he also played Alastair on Supernatural (the demon who taught Dean the art of torture while he was in Hell). Reed Diamond plays (played) Whitehall on Agents of SHIELD, but is not in Gotham.

The actress who plays Ivy is 13 years old. I assume that's about the age Ivy is supposed to be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Yet the carnie criminals came with Batman and not before. It was the masked vigilante's presence what encouraged the madmen and lunatics to put on a mask and start terrorizing the good citizens of Gotham and not the other way around. At this point there should be gangs and mobsters, corrupt politicians and cops.
    I was in the camp that Batman came before the super villains, but I've decided to loosen up a bit. This is a different media/continuity so changes should be allowed. Besides mobsters, corrupt politicians and crooked cops are the main threat right now. I think seeing the coming of super villains and how law enforcement and even organized crime are powerless against them should be interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I like how the whole plot is shaping up. Everybody is after Falcone's spot. Butch even has some sort of plan for it. Arkham is interesting.
    I don't think Butch wants Falcone's spot. He was tempted to switch sides but ultimately I believe he's loyal to Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    isn't that specifically Nolan-verse? Don't think the original batman comics made a point of this.
    I think Harvey and Bruce were about the same age in Batman TAS.

Incredible Member

The actress who plays Ivy is 13 years old. I assume that's about the age Ivy is supposed to be.
    I could've sworn when she first appeared that she was just a little little girl. Then when she turned up again she seemed just slightly younger than Selina. I still get the impression the character is supposed to be at least somewhat younger than the actress.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I was in the camp that Batman came before the super villains, but I've decided to loosen up a bit. This is a different media/continuity so changes should be allowed. Besides mobsters, corrupt politicians and crooked cops are the main threat right now. I think seeing the coming of super villains and how law enforcement and even organized crime are powerless against them should be interesting stuff.

I don't think Butch wants Falcone's spot. He was tempted to switch sides but ultimately I believe he's loyal to Fish.

I think Harvey and Bruce were about the same age in Batman TAS.
    Harvey Bullock, or Harvey Dent?

I like the idea myself that some super criminals, or colourful criminals, were just so inclined to have come before Batman, perhaps due to people like Gordon, or Bullock. Or, just stuff with the League of Assassins, Court of Owls, separate to people like the Joker, Two-Face, or the Riddler.

Then, there were those created directly by Batman, who came to be due to his existence, all that. But still, though active before, still some active only after.

I'd agree with you, maczero, it was a 'Will I? Won't I?' He might not be a Penguin in thirst, in hunger, or the fella who was in love with Fish, or semi-with her, but still something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I could've sworn when she first appeared that she was just a little little girl. Then when she turned up again she seemed just slightly younger than Selina. I still get the impression the character is supposed to be at least somewhat younger than the actress.
    Speaking of ivy and Selina, anyone else think, or notice, a height difference between them in Rogues' Gallery?

And, anyone know why What The Little Bird Told Him won't be until 19th?

And, anyone know why What The Little Bird Told Him won't be until 19th?
    The College Football National Championship game is on January 12. Not on Fox, but they probably don't want to put a new episode up against it, so they're re-running Spirit of the Goat.

The College Football National Championship game is on January 12. Not on Fox, but they probably don't want to put a new episode up against it, so they're re-running Spirit of the Goat.
    Ah, wish they did a double bill of LoveCraft and Rogues' Gallery. Establishes current status quo, recaps most recent things for E12.

Make more sense to me, strategically.

New Age Of Ultron trailer that day, gonna be a good one, I hope.

BANNED

Ah yes, very true. Doubt there's much of anyone scarier than the Joker, even moreso in the Batman mythos, but yeah, fairly creepy.

Tightening me up thinking about him.

Also, did the stuff with him at the end reveal that he was the one behind all the electrocutions, rather than the nurse, or was she involved as well, maybe him the main one, and her working for him, like the quiet fellow who, I think, killed Lang, and his family with an axe?
    Yeah, they realized during Dr. Olive-Oil's autopsy that she had the same burn marks as the other two victims. So the Electrocutioner had gotten to her during or before the time Arkham was closed, and the other two were practise for the quiet fellow, whom he seems to have perfect control over.

In other words he's a lot more competent than Arkham Origins Electrocutioner.

Speaking of the Arkham series, I want to see Gotham's take on Calendar Man now. He had the same Lecterish qualities in the games that Gruber had in this ep.