Page 188 of 194 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2910

Thread: Gotham TV Show

  1. #2806
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's been established from the start that there hasn't been any sightings of Jeremiah since the blackout started. Without any activity on his end and the city going to hell tracking him is a bitch.

    The plot doesn't seem to care too much about Leslie. I wonder where she is.
    Yeah, but finding him is being treated as an after thought. Everyone in Gotham should want a piece of him. Those who like No Man's Land would want to kill him and keep that fact secret, just as much as the people who want out would want him killed/arrested.

  2. #2807
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but finding him is being treated as an after thought. Everyone in Gotham should want a piece of him. Those who like No Man's Land would want to kill him and keep that fact secret, just as much as the people who want out would want him killed/arrested.
    He has to be treated as an after thought as everyone has far bigger problems to worry about. Figuring out how you survive in a lawless city takes priority over finding the clown responsible for it.

  3. #2808
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    No it doesn't. It is just a stupid plot device. In all of our history, the government has never act so.
    I take it that this show is a melodrama - everything is heightened and taken to the 100th degree. It's made no bones about how grandiose it is in its representation of reality. Look at it as a dramatic metaphor if you want - a city that's over-ridden with crime, the government failing to help or even care about citizens who have fallen between the cracks, etc. They feel cut-off and forgotten. Would you rather watch how this plays out in the real world, the way it is now? That'd be depressing and not what I want to take my mind off things after a long day, but that's me.

  4. #2809
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    I would have rather seen the evolution of Batman as fighting against the villains without the obvious city taking over melodrama. A war between crime lords and a corrupt police force could have worked without the obvious collapse that would bring in massive intervention outside of Gotham law enforcement.

    Just me but when plot stupidity intervenes I find it hard to follow a show.

  5. #2810
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Selina beating up the mutant leader from Dark Knight Returns. Awesome!

  6. #2811
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,965

    Default

    Puddin'? Now where have I heard that before?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  7. #2812
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Puddin'? Now where have I heard that before?
    From Harley Quinn? However this character is Ecco, not Harley Quinn. Joker had many disciples before Harley Quinn.

  8. #2813
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From Harley Quinn? However this character is Ecco, not Harley Quinn. Joker had many disciples before Harley Quinn.
    She's clearly the Harley expy of this show. Her outfit is a dead giveaway

  9. #2814
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's clearly the Harley expy of this show. Her outfit is a dead giveaway
    Yep. Just like Jeremiah is not known as the Joker yet, Ecco isn't called Harley Quinn at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  10. #2815
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. Just like Jeremiah is not known as the Joker yet, Ecco isn't called Harley Quinn at this point.
    They are sort of the prototypes.

  11. #2816
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They are sort of the prototypes.
    Jeremiah isn't a prototype. He's is THE Joker. He doesn't have the name because the show isn't allowed to use it. He can't have his ironic green hair neither. His actor explains it here
    https://twitter.com/cameronmonaghan/...22386437570560

    They gave him dark green hair to get around the restriction
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-21-2019 at 12:26 PM.

  12. #2817
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    351

    Default

    DC's rules on Joker/Batman in television is stupid and they should feel stupid.

  13. #2818
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jeremiah isn't a prototype. He's is THE Joker. He doesn't have the name because the show isn't allowed to use it. He can't have his ironic green hair neither. His actor explains it here
    https://twitter.com/cameronmonaghan/...22386437570560

    They gave him dark green hair to get around the restriction
    If he isn't called Joker he isn't Joker. We know Oswald is Penguin because people call him Penguin. We know Ed is Riddler because he is called Riddler. Until someone call Jeremiah the Joker, he is just Jeremiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    DC's rules on Joker/Batman in television is stupid and they should feel stupid.
    But they can say Batman.

  14. #2819
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If he isn't called Joker he isn't Joker. We know Oswald is Penguin because people call him Penguin. We know Ed is Riddler because he is called Riddler. Until someone call Jeremiah the Joker, he is just Jeremiah.



    But they can say Batman.
    Only there isn't a network restriction preventing Oswald from being called Penguin and Edward Riddler.

  15. #2820
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If he isn't called Joker he isn't Joker. We know Oswald is Penguin because people call him Penguin. We know Ed is Riddler because he is called Riddler. Until someone call Jeremiah the Joker, he is just Jeremiah.



    But they can say Batman.
    There are always weird rules with Batman I remember in the mid 00's

    You had the Nolan films with Bale and Justice League Mortal being developed with Hammer.

    Smallville wasn't allowed to use Batman hence the start of the CW tradition of Green Arrow standing in for Batman.

    The Batman wasn't allowed to use Scarecrow (Who there was concept art for), Ra's Al Ghul, or Two-Face because of the Nolan films it's why they created the Ethan Bennett Clayface as their Two-Face stand in.

    Once Justice League became Justice League Unlimited Batman rogues were off limits due to the Batman series.

    So yeah them being allowed to allude to Joker but not saying Joker while using other characters is very normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •