Page 121 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Cool to see the iconic version of Mr. Freeze there at the end (no German accent, though). But this business of Strange stockpiling supervillains at Indian Hills can only go on so long before it gets silly.

What are they going to do with all these supervillains, anyway? They're building Batman's entire rogues' gallery many years before Batman will be on the scene. That suggests that Gordon and the GCPD will be able to contain the threat, and if so, why will Batman ever be needed?

The show continues to give us lots of cool villain stuff (and villains who are waaaay more interesting than the heroes), but they're really painting themselves into a logic corner by doing so.

James Frain must have a really good agent. He seems to have scored regular cast status for the entire season despite only being in the first half. I imagine he'll be back somehow before the season is out, but I really want to see how they can work that without magic. When we last saw him he was deader than Dead Dan McDead, winner of this year's Deadest Man Competition.

Erin Richards just got the easiest paycheck of her career. She may have literally slept through her part.

I'm thinking after a couple more episodes, Ed will find a way to spring Penguin from Arkham (a Riddler vs. Hugo Strange battle of wits!) and Penguin won't be calling Jim "my friend" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    So how long will they wait until Gordon figures out that Hugo Strange is nefarious? This season?
    I'm hoping Hugo is a long term fixture like Penguin and Nygma and is around for seasons 3 and 4 of Gotham.

Fries needed a better actor. I never bought this guy's worry or grief. The cartoon actor was a million times more convincing.

Ultimate Member

It's funny, I keep seeing people online saying 'If the Gotham PD can handle Freeze, why do they need Batman', yet Freeze killed at least a dozen people, fought his way past the police (albeit with some help from Strange), took his wife and a hostage, and functionally accomplished his objective before killing himself.

In what way did the cops really stop Freeze?

With the body count that maniacs leave in this city, I'd be surprised if there were any cops left for Batman to help when he comes around.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

That's just it. There's a good 8-10 years before Batman comes online. Gotham should be a smoking crater by then.

It may get so bad that somebody outside of Gotham takes notice, like the media or the state or federal government or something.

....Nah.

BANNED

was i the only one annoyed with how they kept saying Victor's last name?

Frice....i always thought it was pronounced Freeze

BANNED

I think they were doing that specifically to not be too on the nose with the name.

Loved the actress playing Nora, she was very convincing. Her parallels with Lee (and the Gordon/Fries parallel) were interesting. I'm wondering if this is a set up for Lee eventually leaving Jim. Or at least unable to stay with him romantically. Her scene with Bruce made me wonder if in this version she is going to know that Bruce is Batman. If that's the case, the secrets Jim keeps from her (like what happened to Galavan) make it okay for her to keep that secret from him.

The scene with Bruce and Selina was great. I'm glad that we're seeing Bruce grow into this rather than have him be kid Batman right away. More satisfying payoff, and it allowed for his actor to grow into the role and grow physically enough to be taller than Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    My guess is Bruce chickens out like he did with Reggie and someone else takes down Matches. Hopefully not Selina again. Better it be Alfred or Jim.
    Am I the only one who thinks Malone may not be the Wayne killer? I almost think their murder needs to go unresolved until Bruce becomes Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess this version of Bruce doesn't have an aversion to guns if he's willing to actually get and use one...though that might change once he gets close to pulling the trigger.
    Kind of reminds me of Nolan's Bruce Wayne who wasn't able to take the shot. Gotham's Bruce may very well get closer and be even more traumatized by the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Malone may not be the Wayne killer? I almost think their murder needs to go unresolved until Bruce becomes Batman.
    I'm expecting Malone is going to be a red herring for who really killed the Waynes, likely to keep the mystery going and so Bruce has to deal with more anguish over not knowing who did it after apparently coming this close to catching him.

I mean, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not Joe Chill, but I also think it's still a little too soon (both for the show and for Bruce) to resolve things.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    With the body count that maniacs leave in this city, I'd be surprised if there were any cops left for Batman to help when he comes around.
    Maybe that's his motivation in this universe? There are like 5 cops so the world needs a Batman. They do have the life expectancy of a red-shirt.

Yeah I don't really get how people say the GCPD is handling all of Batman's foes when they keep getting away with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    was i the only one annoyed with how they kept saying Victor's last name?

Frice....i always thought it was pronounced Freeze
    They made a whole joke about it last episode "Is it freeze or fries?" "It's Frice"

Am I the only one who thinks Malone may not be the Wayne killer?
    I'm thinking the entire investigation and the implications of conspiracy are just a HIMYM thing. In the end, if will be Joe Chill, and just a random mugging that went wrong because of desperation and maybe drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Maybe that's his motivation in this universe? There are like 5 cops so the world needs a Batman. They do have the life expectancy of a red-shirt.
    Or a random DEO agent.

BANNED

I'm almost certain that Malone isn't the real killer. I expect that Bruce will have his finger on the trigger, red with rage, a second away from killing Malone when Matches says something that makes Bruce realize that he couldn't be the guy. The encounter will shape Bruce's development on the path to Batman going forward, instilling in Bruce an understanding of the need for certainty in the facts and the value of acting out of reason rther than raw emotion.

Man, this Freeze duology was about the most fun i ever had watching this show. That was great.

Hugo, Freeze, Nora, excellent casting. And very little of Gordon which is always a good thing in my book.

That being said, ok, someone has to fired Alfred. I will kill him? Really? That's what an adult, the one responsible for this kid no less, should tell the already quite unstable young mister Wayne? Of course it's going to give Bruce the perfect opportunity to realize by himself that he hates gun and to establish once and for all his firm no killing rule but gee, poor Alfred, stop writing him so irresponsible lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That being said, ok, someone has to fired Alfred. I will kill him? Really? That's what an adult, the one responsible for this kid no less, should tell the already quite unstable young mister Wayne?
    Yes, because he's already tried talking Bruce out of this crusade and that clearly didn't work. Alfred knows full-well that if he doesn't kill Malone, Bruce will (or at least try) and he doesn't want that weighing on Bruce.