Page 144 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Ultimate Member

-Lee conveniently didn't see that Mario was about to stab her. BTW I don't buy that he could get that close to her with a raised knife and her not see ANYTHING!!

-The knife conveniently falls into the ocean, so know Jim has no way to prove that his shooting was justified/Mario was a threat.

-He conveniently previously promised Carmine that he wouldn't kill his son.

Oh come on writers, how contrived can you get with the "everyone is going to hate Jim, including Lee" thing (which sounds really lame to BTW). Like this is ridiculous. Also if Lee thinks for a second that Jim would kill an innocent man just, because he was jealous, then she's an idiot.

Yeah I REALLY didn't like how that all went down.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Lee conveniently didn't see that Mario was about to stab her. BTW I don't buy that he could get that close to her with a raised knife and her not see ANYTHING!!

-The knife conveniently falls into the ocean, so know Jim has no way to prove that his shooting was justified/Mario was a threat.

-He conveniently previously promised Carmine that he wouldn't kill his son.

Oh come on writers, how contrived can you get with the "everyone is going to hate Jim, including Lee" thing (which sounds really lame to BTW). Like this is ridiculous. Also if Lee thinks for a second that Jim would kill an innocent man just, because he was jealous, then she's an idiot.

Yeah I REALLY didn't like how that all went down.
    That was all a really annoying bit of Plot Convenience Theater.

My guess: since this was the secret hideaway of a notorious Mob boss, the place is heavily covered by security cameras. After a lot of drama somebody will remember that and come up with the footage of Mario attacking Lee.

Ultimate Member

On more positive notes, "scheming Barbara" is fun. Angry Ed is scary. The Gordon/Mad Hatter scene was really good, etc.

Mighty Member

Gordon's one heck of a marksman.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

This was a very frustrating episode.

Made more frustrating by the fact that the preview for the mid-season showed Jim alive and well at the GCPD watching the Jerome videos, with absolutely no mention of fallout from the cliffhanger.

So if Gordon is hanging out doing his job alongside Harvey, he obviously isn't being blamed for murder. And Falcone hasn't had Jim killed. So maybe the dude didn't even die from the gunshot?

uh, I really hope the entire plot is swept along as quickly as possible. Lee might suspect the worst at the beginning, but the police backed Jim up regarding the falsified test results so they'll ultimately confirm to Lee that her husband was infected.

I think the bigger issue is not Jim being legally liable for killing Mario, but the fact that Lee and Falcone are both going to hate him forever now, regardless of his innocence.

Very happy to see Jerome coming back. I really hope they drop this idiotic "Joker by committee" concept and just make him the one and only Mr. J.

Spectacular Member

An autopsy will show that Mario had the virus. I'm thinking that this is about Baccarin leaving Gotham for NBC is developing a show for her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think the bigger issue is not Jim being legally liable for killing Mario, but the fact that Lee and Falcone are both going to hate him forever now, regardless of his innocence.
    Lee will hate him. Falcone will hate him. The GCPD will suspect him of doing it for his own murderous reasons. But he won't be convicted for it and Falcone won't lay a hand on him. Why? Because the Court of Owls had wanted Mario dead for the whole episode and now Jim Gordon has done it for them. So, they'll pull strings to protect him. Maybe they'll even do it just to spite Falcone.

So...was Selina telling (what she believes to be) the truth about her mother? Hm, guess there's more to this story than I thought.

Jim is way too emotional. I get that it's Lee, but he never stops to think or get back up and he always plays into someone's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    uh, I really hope the entire plot is swept along as quickly as possible. Lee might suspect the worst at the beginning, but the police backed Jim up regarding the falsified test results so they'll ultimately confirm to Lee that her husband was infected.
    Yeah, pretty sure Lucius can confirm that Mario was infected.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Very happy to see Jerome coming back. I really hope they drop this idiotic "Joker by committee" concept and just make him the one and only Mr. J.
    I love Jerome, but I also liked the idea that there are possible Joker candidates throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I love Jerome, but I also liked the idea that there are possible Joker candidates throughout the series.
    It was OK as a publicity gimmick, but I hope now they go with Jerome as the Joker because Cameron Monaghan is just so good at it. It would be a real waste of talent not to have him become the Joker IMO.

Ultimate Member

I'm personally a fan of the "Joker has no set origin story/we don't know exactly where he came from" idea myself. But if they're going to give him a se backstory, then Cameron being the Joker is acceptable to me. At least they picked a good actor.

Mighty Member

I liked Nygma's plan to make Cobblepot go insane with the dead father trick.

I liked Victor Zsasz admitting to Jim he didn't like Mario either, but hey, a job is a job. Zsasz is always a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I liked Victor Zsasz admitting to Jim he didn't like Mario either, but hey, a job is a job. Zsasz is always a treat.
    That on top of being called off later.

It was kind of priceless. "I don't like everything about this gig, but..."

Anyone else recognize the fellow in the morgue (Dwight Pollard) also stars in 'The Dark Knight' movie? He was the crazy minion (Thomas Schiff) that Harvey Dent beats on to find the Joker before Batman stops him.