Page 100 of 198 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Does anyone feel like instead of Ed Nygma they should have used Jervis Tetch aka the Mad Hatter? A creepy nerd who's obsessed with a woman in his work place is what Tetch is more known for.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does anyone feel like instead of Ed Nygma they should have used Jervis Tetch aka the Mad Hatter? A creepy nerd who's obsessed with a woman in his work place is what Tetch is more known for.
    Maybe. What I do think is that they've done a disservice to Nygma's story. They instituted a cool notion that here was a guy who was doing brilliant CSI work and uncovering key clues to helping put the bad guys away, but who was overlooked and underappreciated for his efforts by a corrupt police force and people who dismissed him because of his social deficiencies, and thus decided to use his knowledge of and experience with crime to start staging his own plots and challenging the authorities to try and outsmart him.

Instead, what we get is a guy who turns to crime not out of a smug sense of superiority, but because he's smitten with an unrequited love and catapulted into a crime of passion, and then develops a dual personality complex. Part Two-Face, part Tetch (as you point out); very un-Riddler-like, and (to me, at least) very boring and lacking in nuance.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    Dude from shameless is the perfect mini joker. I was skeptical about them bringing all the villains on so soon but now I root for them more than Gordon
    Isn't that a problem though? Makes it harder to believe Bullock and Gordon can win on their own. Jerome is kinda ruining the show for muggles. (Even though it's a great performance.)
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Isn't that a problem though? Makes it harder to believe Bullock and Gordon can win on their own. Jerome is kinda ruining the show for muggles. (Even though it's a great performance.)
    I don't think so. I expect that by the end of the season - perhaps next season - Gordon and Bullock will win. Jerome will be killed, and it's going to be fascinating watching what happens as a result and who the next potential "real" Joker will be. But I'm convinced it ain't this guy.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would bet money that this guy is the long-term Joker. And I'll hold it against the show if he's not, because I can't really imagine a better one within the context of this show. Monaghan has it down.

Jerome is way too good a Joker to lose so early. I wonder if even the producers realized this when they first cast him.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Also, it looked like Lucius Fox was trying to repair the entire computer. All you need is the hard drive. Also, there must be backups somewhere. Hard drives fail all the time. Surely Bruce's dad wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave data that important on a single un-backed-up drive.
    That was my first thought when Alfred destroyed the computer. Bet there are back-ups. We'll see as Bruce learns more about his father's real work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's still really weird to see them giving Nygma such pronounced split-personality issues instead of, you know, Harvey Dent .

I guess the more confident, arrogant, and glasses-less Nygma personality is the actual Riddler persona? I wonder if we might see that personality, in the end, taking over or Nygma letting it loose and the only thing left from the original personality is the obsession with riddles.
    I can see that happening. Maybe Nygma's good side leaves riddles in hopes someone will figure them out and stop his now dominant bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Barbara still might be on her way to becoming a version of Harley Quinn but then again it strikes me that she's significantly older than Jerome who is still a teenager so a relationship between them would be weird.
    They said Jerome is 18 this episode. Yeah, Barbara is still older and it is a little weird, but Jerome is hardly a kid. Hmm, I wonder if they do kill off Barbara and Jerome needs a replacement so he finds a girl younger than him and tries to mold her into what Barbara was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Maybe. What I do think is that they've done a disservice to Nygma's story. They instituted a cool notion that here was a guy who was doing brilliant CSI work and uncovering key clues to helping put the bad guys away, but who was overlooked and underappreciated for his efforts by a corrupt police force and people who dismissed him because of his social deficiencies, and thus decided to use his knowledge of and experience with crime to start staging his own plots and challenging the authorities to try and outsmart him.

Instead, what we get is a guy who turns to crime not out of a smug sense of superiority, but because he's smitten with an unrequited love and catapulted into a crime of passion, and then develops a dual personality complex. Part Two-Face, part Tetch (as you point out); very un-Riddler-like, and (to me, at least) very boring and lacking in nuance.
    Aside from killing that one cop, Nygma hasn't turned to crime yet. He still works for the GCPD and his transformation into the Riddler is far from complete. There are many ways they can go with the story.

Is there a website with cool screenshots of Gotham?

This show has really nice cinematography and art direction, however I can't find any of those scenes online or anywhere...what the hell.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Reading Gotham Central makes me more disappointed in Gotham TV. Imagine if Steven Bochco, or Dick Wolf did this show instead.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member

Ya know, where's major crimes been hiding? Why hasn't Montoya shown up, what with her ex going crazy?

Incredible Member

Morena Baccarin is pregnant with Ben McKenzie's kid.

This would be an opportunity to write her pregnancy into the show and have her give birth to the future Batgirl, if they wanted to go that way.
    The producers have already stated they don't plan on writing in her pregnancy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    The producers have already stated they don't plan on writing in her pregnancy.
    Wonder if that means we won't see below her neckline for a while, lol.

I guess that means Jim will be badgering her to leave Gotham for a few months "for her own protection."

Incredible Member

I guess that means Jim will be badgering her to leave Gotham for a few months "for her own protection."
    That's probably what'll happen. It would make sense in show, and allow for her to leave on her maternity leave. So far though, this is all they've said:

"OK, I’m back on board with Gotham. Any scoop to share? –Craig

This Monday’s episode features a significant death, as well as an enormously entertaining dialogue between Lucius Fox (newly promoted series regular Chris Chalk) and Alfred, as the gents first meet and warily compare agendas with regard to Master Bruce. Also, if you were wondering if the real-life baby news for costars Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin will be mirrored on-screen, I am hearing that is not the plan."

TVLine Matt's Inside Line

Significant death, eh? Could be Leslie. I'm hoping they don't kill off Jerome... I've really bought into him as the future Joker.

Incredible Member

Significant death, eh? Could be Leslie. I'm hoping they don't kill off Jerome... I've really bought into him as the future Joker.
    That was from last week, prior to episode 2, so the death was Essen.